LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MOM needs help  (Read 3583 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: MOM needs help
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »
Because each has a different responsibility depending on the office. A pastor has MUCH more responsibility than a P&W leader or a choir director.

Folks continue to try to say that's not the case.

Depends on the church. I'm sure a Worship and arts minister of a mega church could have more responsibilities than a Pastor of a store front church.

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 11:53:07 PM »
Depends on the church. I'm sure a Worship and arts minister of a mega church could have more responsibilities than a Pastor of a store front church.

They not only have responsibilities, but have to get along with and work well with others in the church...

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 08:09:25 AM »

So wrong, I don't even know where to begin.  :-\

Actually, I DO know where to begin. The pastor is the ONLY person who has the responsibility of the souls under his charge.

The. ONLY. one.

If you dare say anything else, please provide scripture. And, for those who want to try to use the Glory Cloud showing up when the minstrels and psalmist were performing their duties, how many souls were saved compared to when the Apostles were preaching in Acts?

People, no one has it harder than the Pastor; no. one. Ergo, his responsibilities are greater; much. greater.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »

?/? ?/? ?/? ?/?
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 11:50:46 AM »
I stand corrected

Offline nextlevelmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 02:58:49 AM »
Thanks for all of the replies.  After Sunday's performance....... I said you know what God, its all in your hands.  You are not the arthur of any confusion.  You didn't say it would be easy either.  Like Isreal said, WE WIN.  I am just praying throughout all of this, that I remain in God's Will.

Offline nextlevelmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 04:59:21 PM »
Now he's been appointed choir director, and I'm the last to find out.  Great News!

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »
Now he's been appointed choir director, and I'm the last to find out.  Great News!

So Watcha gonna do?

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »

Maybe this would be a good time to talk to the pastor or whom ever else you report to and remind them that you need to be in on these things, the decision making process.  You can't be the last to know.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »
Maybe this would be a good time to talk to the pastor or whom ever else you report to and remind them that you need to be in on these things, the decision making process.  You can't be the last to know.

Agreed.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Gospelstar21

• LGM Member
  • For God I live, and For God I die.
    • Myspace

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 10:12:25 AM »
You can do a few things. First make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that in all things your heart is in the right place with God, and concerning the the new guy, your pastor (friend), everybody!! Make sure that you aren't holding any grudges or hatred. That is just to clear yourself with the only person that matters God!  Then seek God for instruction and direction, and no matter what He tells you, go with it. Because guess what God knows the ending of that situation, or where this is gonna lead you. He knows what level its gonna push you to if you endure this thing and past the test. If God tells you to leave or step down whatever follow Him, but make sure its Him. Like someone mentioned early, talk to the Sr. Pastor, be sure to communicate with Him or Her so that they will know whats going on. But as hard as it is, you gotta try to remove emotion out of it because you don't want it to come off as you being jealous or envious (which I know you aren't, I can feel your pain man..) Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart (if God has you in this situation, trust Him!!) Lean not to your own understanding(don't try to figure it out.) In ALL your ways acknowledge Him(Talk to Jesus about it!)and He will direct your path.(He is gonna tell you what you need to do, where you need to go, how you need to handle it, everything!!!) Do you believe it? Give it a try.
More than a Conqueror

Offline demusicman

• LGM Member
  • http://www.myspace.com/reverenceministry
    • http://www.myspace.com/demusicman

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 06:37:14 AM »
You can do a few things. First make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that in all things your heart is in the right place with God, and concerning the the new guy, your pastor (friend), everybody!! Make sure that you aren't holding any grudges or hatred. That is just to clear yourself with the only person that matters God!  Then seek God for instruction and direction, and no matter what He tells you, go with it. Because guess what God knows the ending of that situation, or where this is gonna lead you. He knows what level its gonna push you to if you endure this thing and past the test. If God tells you to leave or step down whatever follow Him, but make sure its Him. Like someone mentioned early, talk to the Sr. Pastor, be sure to communicate with Him or Her so that they will know whats going on. But as hard as it is, you gotta try to remove emotion out of it because you don't want it to come off as you being jealous or envious (which I know you aren't, I can feel your pain man..) Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart (if God has you in this situation, trust Him!!) Lean not to your own understanding(don't try to figure it out.) In ALL your ways acknowledge Him(Talk to Jesus about it!)and He will direct your path.(He is gonna tell you what you need to do, where you need to go, how you need to handle it, everything!!!) Do you believe it? Give it a try.

I've learned that when you are in Ministry these types of things hit you head on. But you first have to do what Gospelstar21 and a few others have stated. Make sure your heart is in the right place. this is not the Ministry to be playing games in because the negative energy among Music Ministry staff can transfer into the ministry of the choir. God likes for things to be done in decency and in order for one. But I am firm believer is that if you "trust God with all your heart" things will work out for you if you truly and earnestly love him and have a pure heart on this situation and turn the reigns back over to God. I just say when you pray about it dont only pray for the outcome you desire pray that the people involved will have an open ear and heart for everyone's comments. I really think that you and the newly appointed choir director need to sit down with the Pastor and just be candid and get everything laid out. I was in a similar situation and I asked the Pastor for a conference so that nothing could be misunderstood. I wanted to make sure everyone was clear on what their duties were including myself.

I dont know how your church administration is. Not saying that I tell the Pastor what to do. But in our church, the Pastor leaves the bulk of Music Ministry decisions to me. So if a new Choir Director is up to be appointed we are aware in the Music and Arts Ministry because the last thing is you need is confusion among personell. But like someone said you really need to remove all emotions out of the situation because that is only going to add fuel to the fire.
I believe God is taking you through this trial to mature you. Whenever I'm going through I reflect on 1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."

God is making it clear that we gonna grow through trials and we are gonna suffer because of our calling as Ministers of Music as Directors, Psalmists, Minstrels and Ministers of the Gospel and just as his children. But because of the calling on our lives we are going to endure a little turmoil but the part I like about it is that after I come out of the suffering God is going to perfect me in this area. God is going to perfect you in the area of not letting stuff like this sweat you. He is gonna perfect you and mature you to a point where you learn how to remove the emotions and he is going to strengthen you and settle you.
Daniel E. Smalls, Minister of Music & Worship Arts
Heaven Bound Ministries Worship Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up