LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M.O.M. needs some help and advice.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline youngstarter

• LGM Member

M.O.M. needs some help and advice.
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »
Ok so I pose this question to you guys. Would it be safe to say that as a M.O.M. or director of the music ministry be judged when they get to heaven more than just a layman because he is given more than just the common church person??

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes]. 

1Pe 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God? 

I mean could it be possible that many of us will/is going to be beaten because we didn't do the very best or bring the very best to God in what he has given us?

I ask this because I feel as though at my age of 19 right now I feel that the music ministry for myself (in my church) isn't up to where it should be and I dont want to be beaten with as many stripes, I take this very seriously and I feel where I want to become in the Lord I have to at least prove myself to the Lord and to his people. I mean this has been on my mind so much lately like to the point where I feel as though I need to renew or sort of re organize my P&W team. I'm in the process of trying to make a presentation on this to all in my Music Department and I want to make sure I am correct when I do reorganize what the Lord has given me as the M.O.M./Music Director.

Any comments/suggestions/help/scritures lol its all WELCOME ;D ;D
The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
Malcolm X

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: M.O.M. needs some help and advice.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »
Ok so I pose this question to you guys. Would it be safe to say that as a M.O.M. or director of the music ministry be judged when they get to heaven more than just a layman because he is given more than just the common church person??

Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not [himself], neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many [stripes]. 

1Pe 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God? 

I mean could it be possible that many of us will/is going to be beaten because we didn't do the very best or bring the very best to God in what he has given us?

I ask this because I feel as though at my age of 19 right now I feel that the music ministry for myself (in my church) isn't up to where it should be and I don't want to be beaten with as many stripes, I take this very seriously and I feel where I want to become in the Lord I have to at least prove myself to the Lord and to his people. I mean this has been on my mind so much lately like to the point where I feel as though I need to renew or sort of re organize my P&W team. I'm in the process of trying to make a presentation on this to all in my Music Department and I want to make sure I am correct when I do reorganize what the Lord has given me as the M.O.M./Music Director.

Any comments/suggestions/help/scriptures lol its all WELCOME ;D ;D

How much of that is you and how much of that is God?

What is everyone ELSE'S feelings on the matter?
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline easternnc

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
I would say that you are on the right track. I'm actually a year younger than you, but I've been working in music ministry for 10 years. Obviously, I've dealt with just about every situation imaginable, but, dealing with a sense of not fulfilling God's call is the hardest to deal with. I would say that you should pray about it and not doubt your feelings because if you are full of the spirit you should be uncomfortable is God isn't getting what you see as the best.
As far as a scripture, 2 Timothy 1 is paul writing to timothy. In verse 6, I believe, he says that timothy should "stir up the gift." That phrase should be what guides all music ministries, as we are endeavoring to refine and edify the musical gifts God as given. Share that with the music ministry and make that not just a cliche but a motto. Some businesses do mission statements, "Stir up the gift" would be an awesome one. In using something that people can become familiar with you may elecit a better response. Perhaps reading that scripture or another each rehearsal will help.
Also, the pastor where I just left as minister of music ( I left because I'm moving for college), had the church do a corporate fast for thirty days where at least 1 person fasted each day. I have in the past and try to make a practice of fasting the day before my last rehearsal for a big event, i.e. concert. That may be something if you're lead to do it . The bible says that somethings "come only by fasting and prayer."

Be blessed and annointed

Offline Gospelstar21

• LGM Member
  • For God I live, and For God I die.
    • Myspace

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:40:57 PM »
I'm not a official MOM but I am a praise and worship leader and I over see the musician corner. (Its coming though! lol..) If its been in your spirit about giving your all as it pertains to the music ministry then you should really pray concerning this issue. Proverbs 3:5,6 ( one of my favorite scriptures) Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, Lean not to your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path. Ask the father what His will is concerning the music ministry. He will confirm what He had in mind for you to do with the ministry. We had rehearsal yesterday and as we were rehearsing the spirit of the Lord fell in the place and I could hear God telling us (the Praise Team) that we need to take our job more serious. He was telling us to stop being comfortable in this position, He told us to trust Him. Don't rely so much on our gift, but rely more on the anointing. He said a lot more, but my point was that God will speak. Seek Him, as the person said above fast if you have to because some things do come by fasting a praying.

I pray God's will for you. I pray that you receive clarity soon.

Be Blessed.
More than a Conqueror

Offline Maestro87

• LGM Member
    • Facebook Profile

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 11:46:09 AM »
I feel you.  I am the P&W Leader and Choir Director and I am dealing with the same feeling.  It's time that some more initiative and organization goes into the planning of our ministry.  I know they won't like it because it will cause them to actually have to work and have their stuff together ahead of time especially since I have musicians who are strictly play for pay.
"Stay Fly, Stay Fresh, God Bless"
Dameron Growe

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »
I do believe MOM's accountability will be held at a higher standard than layman, but I'm not sure if you'll be beaten with many stripes because the praise team isn't up to par.
I think when you read the Luke 12 passage, the scenario of the evil steward beating his servants and being drunk is in a different context than a slack music ministry.

We should give God our very best; now, whether you ARE the best is beside the point - as long as you're giving your best.

If you see room for improvement (such as your music dept), then you should make your "best" even better; after all, you're doing this as unto the Lord.

Offline Learning2Play

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
I feel the same way. I am in my latter years, I knew I had the gift of music becuase it came down through my father, mother, my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side. I began studying at an early age, then the piano was sold to feed the family. Over the years as I grew older I always wanted to play again but I did not havd the courage to. 2 years ago I was assigned to lead P&W and I am still struggling. I can read music some and play by ear some. I hear songs all the time I wake up singing songs that come to me in dreams and I can pick them out on the piano, but I have yet to be able to put them on sheet music. I know I am also an arranger I can hear other parts in some of the more taditional songs, I am more of a worshipper than a praiser.
My biggest challenge is coming up with songs that will not only stir the heart of God, but actually motivate the people to join in. We may rehearse, but often time the Pastor will change that depending on how the anointing is flowing, which is ok when that happens.
Most pf the time all the folk want to do is jump and shout and P&W is more than that. Please pray for me.... I covet your prayers

Offline 1voice

• LGM Member
  • Home.....

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 12:33:29 AM »
I think everyone before me has told you right, just know that the Lord is realy trying to speak to you...
Fast, and pray, it really works, and after, or during, hearing the Lord speak to you is like nothing you have ever felt.It will touch your heart, and soul.
Let your voice, be one voice, to Glorify the Lord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up