LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Male Sopranos  (Read 6435 times)

Offline ApostolicFemale

• LGM Member
    • For SERIOUS Producers ONLY

Re: Male Sopranos
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »
I have read this whole forum...which is unusual for me.  To answer your question Mr. VT...hmmm, a man singing soprano?  Well I knew this guy that was leading a song in a "woman's voice", and I thought it was a female, then when I finally saw him, my mouth was open!

To me, it's like most male sopranos in the church choir and straining, and GAY...yes I said it gay.  This guy that was singing like a female was "delivered" from homosexuality   :-\ I remember seeing him at my home church singing soprano with a group we invited to our convocation.  Believe me when I say, he was gay actin'.  Him and this other guy...they had the nerve to get a lil upset because we were "getting with them"...

Another time, I saw some young males singing soprano justa flimsy and broke back-did...and one had a TONGUE RING...and they had the nerve to be singing James Halls' "The Blood"...ewww.

As far as people like Smokey Robinson, and Toni Braxton go...they naturally have high, and low voices.  So in those cases, I feel like the way they sing is natural, but when you have these weak lil... in the church's choir, MOST of the time, it looks gay.   ;D

Hey, how yall been doin?
http://howtomakehits.blogspot.com[THIS is how to make million$ and artists BEG]

Ramar

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 10:39:31 PM »
I'm surprised that no one mentioned Daryl Coley on here... I used to listen to old James Cleveland songs, wondering who that woman was, I had no idea it was Daryl!!!

Also, as raspy as his voice is, John P. Kee has a very high falsetto... It can be heard on his song "I Do Worship"

Offline chosenandcalled

• LGM Member
  • I John 4:16- He that dwelleth in love...

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
In our choir we have a young guy in the soprano section that can sing as high as we can. Then we did have a woman singing with the men. So, to me its not bad.I think that these people just have special talents with their voices to where they can reach unthinkable notes for that certain person. Even though sometimes people think....you know. Well, to me To God be the Glory!!
Chosenandcalled

many are called but few are CHOSEN......
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up