LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha TRB 6  (Read 2973 times)

Offline twest45

• LGM Member

Yamaha TRB 6
« on: August 12, 2008, 12:45:10 PM »
I just got this bass.  I had the intentions of putting in bart pre and pu but the stock electronics are perfect.  This is one of the older TRB 6 models.  Everyone I've talked to love the older ones way more the TRB 1006.  The string spacing on this thing is a massive 19mm.  So far I love it.  I decided to put it to the test on one of my favorite songs.  I might still put barts but I really don't see where they would improve the sound.  This one doesn't have the piezo.  The person I got it from replace the bridge and tuners with hipshot.  To me they look  more classy the the gold bridge and tuners it came with.

GO HARD!

Offline Groovesmith

• LGM Member
  • Daddy and his little blessing from God.

Re: Yamaha TRB 6
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
For sure thats one nice sounding bass.  I have the TRB6II and love it the action and the playability is insane.  I don't play it at church a whole lot, one of my good friends was like when people see you pull that thing out they are expecting a lot more than I give them.  Playing wise.  So its at home in the lab till I am on these levels.  You made that thing sing. 

Yours does look nicer with the black hardware, the one I have its got the gold hardware but it;s the sunburst orange.  I was blessed by one of the members on here with that bass at an unbelievable price and he turned himself inside out to get it to me in Canada.

I would embed a pic but don't know how.
Groovesmith

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
one of my good friends was like when people see you pull that thing out they are expecting a lot more than I give them.  Playing wise.  So its at home in the lab till I am on these levels.  You made that thing sing. 

if you don't play it your level won't get up there IMHO.  Pull that bad boy out and don't let anyone discourage you from using it!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

TorontosFinest

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 02:54:16 PM »
Wow, sounds hot!  BTW, who sings this song?

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »
Welcome to the TRB family bruh as I and Torch own TRB 1005's.  Greetings to you as well Groovesmith my TRB brother.  Maybe we should start a club or something.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 04:49:39 PM »
Welcome to the TRB family bruh as I and Torch own TRB 1005's.  Greetings to you as well Groovesmith my TRB brother.  Maybe we should start a club or something.

Yes indeed welcome to the club.

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
Wow, sounds hot!  BTW, who sings this song?

That sounds like Dorinda Clark-Cole.

BTW, you are nice young man.  You got some serious groove.  Very good feel and technique.

Offline ssgwhite

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 05:51:21 PM »
Hey I like the bass and love the song, now how do you play the song? LOL.

Offline Ken Felder

• LGM Member
  • My Wepon

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 07:16:58 PM »
i love those basses, i really wouldent change any thing. but thats me
peace ken

Offline twest45

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »
That sounds like Dorinda Clark-Cole.

BTW, you are nice young man.  You got some serious groove.  Very good feel and technique.

Thanks,  but I got a lot to learn.  I learn from this website everyday from people like jeremyr, torch, yogouch, and etc.  I wished I would have started playing bass sooner but oh well.  I started at 19 so I've been playing for about 3.5 yrs.  Better late that never though!!!
GO HARD!

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
Thanks,  but I got a lot to learn.  I learn from this website everyday from people like jeremyr, torch, yogouch, and etc.  I wished I would have started playing bass sooner but oh well.  I started at 19 so I've been playing for about 3.5 yrs.  Better late that never though!!!

Man you are progressing really well...  I started at 30...  so I can definately attest to better late than never.. :)

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »

When you start is irrelevant.  It's what you learn in the process and what you become.  Michael Jordan didn't start playing basketball until he was in the 11th grade.  You see how that went.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »
When you start is irrelevant.  It's what you learn in the process and what you become.  Michael Jordan didn't start playing basketball until he was in the 11th grade.  You see how that went.

the thing about that is that the game aint change that much. with bass the game is changin constantly, new songs, your own created stuff etc, the later u start the more catch-up u gotta play.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Groovesmith

• LGM Member
  • Daddy and his little blessing from God.

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
Torch your over 30??????  Man I hope I age as well as you, bet thats why you keep that beard, cause people think your super young.  I seriously thought that you were some young dude that said " Once I grow some facial hair I aint ever gonna cut it!"
Groovesmith

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »
Man you are progressing really well...  I started at 30...  so I can definately attest to better late than never.. :)

I started at 40. :D

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
Torch your over 30??????  Man I hope I age as well as you, bet thats why you keep that beard, cause people think your super young.  I seriously thought that you were some young dude that said " Once I grow some facial hair I aint ever gonna cut it!"
LOL!  It's called lazy... I just don't like shaving... :)  My younger brother looks older than me, and he's 5 years younger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up