LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcement from T-Block  (Read 1819 times)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

Announcement from T-Block
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:27:23 AM »
Hey LGM fam, ya boy is on a quest to take my music to the next level. I haven't been chording songs much because of school and other engagements. However, summer break is coming and I will have some more free time. I'm still working out the details, but here's a pre-thought of what I want to do:

"During the months of June and July (summer break, lol), I will chord out any song that you want. Of course, since this is LEARN gospel music, there's gonna be a learning component. In order to take advantage of this, there are some criteria to meet: 1 (maybe 2, lol) request(s) per person sent via pm, must show that you've attempted the song, post a decent video or audio clip. If any of those aren't met, this offer is invalid. If you take advantage of this offer, I will do my best to have the song ready for you the same day u send me the request.

The learning component is I will learn the song and send it back to you in chord symbol format. It will be your job to decode the chord symbols, then send it back to me. I will compare your chorded version with the chords I hear, send it back to you, then post in the Chords Request forum for everyone."

I'm still working the details, but it's gonna be something close to that. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, feel free to chime in. I want to get to the next level of music, but I also want to be a blessing to my fellow LGMers and take yall with me. More details to come later!
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Re: Announcement from T-Block
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:42:36 AM »
Nice.  Chord Symbols. :)
:)

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
Can a guitarist skip the part about decoding the chord symbols?

Good question. Since guitarists play by chords symbols, they should already know what they mean. So, yeah guitarists can skip that step.

On that note, I should probably mention that this offer is gonna be geared more toward the keyboardists. I don't play guitar, but I'm sure the chord symbols work just the same.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
Always the teacher :) :) I think thats good T since you want to be sure the requester is actually tiring to learn the song.  We know some people come in just to get chords and sometimes the day before their going to perform.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
add to that,
it shoudlnt be any song that is searchable and already chorded. You can change the wording

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
Cool. Keep the suggestions coming.

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:17:16 PM »
I'm glad you're doing this T. It's important that we don't just give people a fish but teach them how to fish for themselves. A lot of the negativity I've seen on here concerning people's chords are there because people are too dawg gone lazy to learn for themselves. It's hard to post words and chords together. I learned this first hand once I started posting chords myself. Real Talk
Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline raegenius

• LGM Member
  • just a pose

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:16:07 PM »
Wow!!! This is some real committment and I was expecting a real committment when I saw the thread's title.  ;D

Regards,
Just listen!

SupraSkytop

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 05:05:34 AM »
Can a guitarist skip the part about decoding the chord symbols?
Pages: [1]   Go Up