LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Female Drummers  (Read 13332 times)

Offline meme1

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my daughter is a drummer and she is 8 years old. She been playing ever since she was 5. She is pretty good. I think if she keeps going she will be one of the hots musicians out there when she gets older.  Because she sings well and she is starting to learn songs on the keyboard.  She plays for my group RIGHT KNOW!

But she is getting discouraged because she has only saw one female drummer play, and she is already on that sisters level.  The sister is a older sister.  Sometimes she say girls don't play the drums, drums are for boys. I try to tell her that there are girl drummer out there.  There are no girl drummers at our church and the guy drummers are off the hook.  There only a couple of female drummers in Boston Ma.  One of the lady drummers, my daughter is already on her level.  The other I have only heard of but never saw and don't know how to get in contact with her.  I heard that she is off the hook.    

If there are female drummers out there that play the drums really good can you please send a picture of you playing or a video or some words of encourgment.  You can send it to me private or though the message board I think if she sees a female drummer she will become excited again about the drums.  
Thanks and
Be blessed in Jesus name

Offline meme1

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2005, 01:54:25 PM »
Thanks sisterdrummer and May God continue to bless you...

Offline korg_gyrl_versatile

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2005, 04:01:10 PM »
Well, im a female drummer & i just love it when i go 2 a church & the other drummers sit there like i don't know what im doing, so it's like they sit & wait 4 me 2 mess up.  But by the time service is over I hear the other musicians saying "man that girl is GOOD" !  I just smile & go on b/c i know it wasn't me that was playing; I was letting the Lord use me  :lol:  So 2 any girl drummer, i just want u 2 keep ya head up, keep praying & believing cuz "we" as female musicians have 2 stick 2gether :P

Offline femaledrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://churchgirl1086 @blackplanet

hey room
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2005, 12:04:30 AM »
hey room this im female drummer in the house im from nyc im 18 i love the lord cause he love me and just trying to get some tips or the drums and keys holla at me

Offline DrummerMom

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2005, 11:14:25 AM »
Quote from: Carolina001
None in my area..Greenville,SC

Actually that's incorrect. I played with 3 Strands Christian Church which is being held at the Hollywood 20 movie theater on Woodruff road for a year and a half.  

My new site http://www.drummermom.com will be up soon.

Current Site  http://drummermom5.tripod.com

I also teach snare drum, drum set, and double pedal lessons.

Offline young_drumz

• LGM Member
  • Blessed and Highly Favored in GOD!!

Female Drummers
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2005, 11:59:30 AM »
I hear alot of females Kat but mostly males, this female kat named Sheryll Harper is sick, mad licks u probably nice 2 aint got no issues wit females drummers

Offline Spider79

• LGM Member
    • http://www.spider79.faithweb.com

FEMALE DRUMMERS!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 11:15:38 PM »
Sheryl Harper...the legend killer
Cora Coleman...word can't express
Camille Gainer...beautiful and tight on the drums
SHEILA E...THE MASTER
Cindy Blackman....MMMMMM!!!
There is a girl that plays for a gospel group called "RIZEN" I think her name is Jhanese she is right on the wood-n-skinz 2

Offline spike_84_tha_drummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: FEMALE DRUMMERS!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »
Quote from: Spider79
Sheryl Harper...the legend killer
Cora Coleman...word can't express
Camille Gainer...beautiful and tight on the drums
SHEILA E...THE MASTER
Cindy Blackman....MMMMMM!!!
There is a girl that plays for a gospel group called "RIZEN" I think her name is Jhanese she is right on the wood-n-skinz 2

hey can u helpme i am trying 2 get my wife 2 play the drumms again

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »
Quote from: young_drumz
I hear alot of females Kat but mostly males, this female kat named Sheryll Harper is sick, mad licks u probably nice 2 aint got no issues wit females drummers

I have heard of many female drummers but the one that i want 2 help is my wife she have a sick pocket but being that the guys in her church never let her play she just felt that she shouldn't play but now that we r married i am trying 2 get her playing again because i play and i want her 2 play as well 2 keep it in the fam can u help me i will be grateful and god will bless u as well.

Offline jcoltrane

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2005, 10:00:12 PM »
U know, I don't think anyone should look at a drummer for their gender but their heart and willingness to be the best "they can be." That being said, if ya'll haven't checked out Kim Thompson, she's pretty sick. She's got some serious pocket. I caught her at the 55 bar with Ricahrd Bona and Mike Stern. Camile Garner stopped in to check out the show too. That's another sick cat. Woman can play, and they can play for real and I don't doubt a woman's character, strength or ability. Heck man, its about music and love of God and life. No need to compare men and woman or compare ourselves to each other. In the end all we doing is finding our voice that God gave us. Some just say it better than others.

Offline Dr_Bates

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2005, 11:44:46 PM »
Cora Coleman is cold, she was nice back when she was at Kashmere High School (excellent music program since the days of Prof. Conrad Johnson!!! my mom came through the program under "Prof"). Cora and some other drummers/musicians were tryin' to get me to go there and join the band. I chose another school, but I learned a lot about technique and musicianship from her way back in the day.
Health, Wealth, and Peace of Mind.

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Female Drummers
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2005, 07:39:57 AM »
If it wasn't for a girl drummer my talent wouldn't exist. My aunt taught me how to play and to me she is one of the best drummers I've ever heard and if you heard her you would think so too.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline posiimage

• LGM Member
  • www.posiimage.com
    • Positive Image Graphic Design and Printing

Female Drummers
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2005, 01:47:35 PM »
Hi, I'm a female drummer. I've been playing at my church New Mt. Calvary M.B.C. for about 8 years now. I also play at a church called Greater Faith B.C. for the past 3 years. I'll probably play till I'm 85 years old! That will be something to see!
1000 Full Color Glossy Business Cards $35
www.posiimage.com
(310) 569-6791

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

Female Drummers
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2005, 02:01:43 PM »
According to another thread, it has been seen LOL!!!!
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline DrummerGirl80

• LGM Member

Female Drummer's
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2005, 10:48:47 AM »
Hello to all my female drummer's, :lol:
My name is Jhenese Hester and I play for RiZen. I've been playing for 14 years. I started playing in church when I was 10 years of age. My advice to you ladies will be to practice, practice and practice. Reason being female drummer's are now becoming more popular we need to be at our best. I have been blessed to accomplish some of dreams. Meaning traveling on the road having endorsements and all that stemed from me sitting down at my drumkit learning the fundmentals. I'm endorse with Vater Sticks, Sabian Cymbals and I'm gettting ready to sign a drumkit deal. I have a DVD coming out next year to help female's from a woman perpective. I'll keep you'll posted.

Be Blessed,
Jhenese
 p.s. it really blessed my heart to see how many female drummer are out there.

Offline tericasvoice

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2005, 10:59:03 AM »
I have been playing the drums since I was three but I kinda gave up to years ago to pursue the keyboard. but every now and then I have to work it out on the drums.

• LGM Member

Re: Female Drummer's
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Quote from: DrummerGirl80
Hello to all my female drummer's, :lol:
My name is Jhenese Hester and I play for RiZen. I've been playing for 14 years. I started playing in church when I was 10 years of age. My advice to you ladies will be to practice, practice and practice. Reason being female drummer's are now becoming more popular we need to be at our best. I have been blessed to accomplish some of dreams. Meaning traveling on the road having endorsements and all that stemed from me sitting down at my drumkit learning the fundmentals. I'm endorse with Vater Sticks, Sabian Cymbals and I'm gettting ready to sign a drumkit deal. I have a DVD coming out next year to help female's from a woman perpective. I'll keep you'll posted.

Be Blessed,
Jhenese
 p.s. it really blessed my heart to see how many female drummer are out

there.
Hey maybe u can e-mail my wife because she have been play ing sent she was about 8 years old but in her church the guy who not let her play.  The only time she got 2 play was on women's day and that only come around 1st a year so please if u can e-mail her, her e-mail address is ladybryant77@aol.com

ur help would be grateful 2 me

Offline hallchamp

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2005, 08:39:29 AM »
Yo, I know of a couple of female drummers one in VA and a couple in Philly, and they are the right answer. Just like everybody said there is not any gender discriminatoin in drumming, and when you see other drummers praising the Lord for their gift and using their gift for the glorification of God it just makes you give god a praise REal FAst!

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

florida
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2005, 01:54:31 PM »
there is a woman in Florida, named Janice English. hands down the baddest in the land. lol of course i'm kinda biased though. i don't know many female drummers, except 4 shot out 2 my girl Sistadrummer, doing here thing in the U.K. :D

Offline lady_drumer_77

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2005, 02:57:47 PM »
hey i am a drummer from Queens who have been playing for about 7 years in my church when tha guy don't want 2 come 2 church.  But 1 thing about being a female drummer when tha guys see u doing a good thing they want 2 player hate on a sista.  and in someways they did make feel very bad a caused me 2 stop playing but little do they know tha girl is back and ready to play for tha lord.  My husband is really showing me not to let anyone make feel least than what i am and the best thing abotu that is he is a drummer  :lol:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up