LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female Drummers  (Read 13325 times)

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

drums
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2005, 01:05:15 PM »
Amen! that is a blessing. never let any1 discourage u 4rm the call & gift God has given u.  when we learn that God has blessed and equipped each one of us individually, we'll (drummers) be alright and would have no need 2 be jealous of another.  we must also remember drumming doesn't happen over night. it takes countless hours of practice and determination.  so lets remember the next time we see our favorite drummers, they didn't just wake up one day and start playing like a pro, however if we keep on practicing b4 long our names will be mentioned amongst the gospel elite. be blessed.

Offline Sistadrumma

• LGM Member

Re: florida
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 05:32:44 PM »
Quote from: drummerboy25
i don't know many female drummers, except 4 shot out 2 my girl Sistadrummer, doing here thing in the U.K. :D

Thanks, much love!!!..... u know i gotta hold it down over here man!!....:lol:

Offline mickee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »
I am a female drummer also! I have played on and off for about 5 years. (more off than on) I get discouraged because where I am from, drummers come a dime a dozen. Almost all are guys and they hog the drums. Many of them are in so much competition with trying to shine evey minute that they can, they forget about ministry being the purpose. I play for the glory of GOD, not to compete or earn bragging rights. I really try to just stay humble, but I get kicked to the curb so much until I just play at home. I am asked to play every now and then at church, when the drummer is out of town and his backup (who just popped up out of no where and disappears often) can't be found OR when the drummer has to sing. I am going to keep practicing at home and strengthing my ability and hopefully one day, there will be room for me to play.

Offline drummerboy25

• LGM Member

wd
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2005, 02:02:35 PM »
I Cor. 7:7

For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

Prov. 18:16

A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.

Offline lady_drumer_77

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2005, 12:05:22 PM »
Quote from: mickee
I am a female drummer also! I have played on and off for about 5 years. (more off than on) I get discouraged because where I am from, drummers come a dime a dozen. Almost all are guys and they hog the drums. Many of them are in so much competition with trying to shine evey minute that they can, they forget about ministry being the purpose. I play for the glory of GOD, not to compete or earn bragging rights. I really try to just stay humble, but I get kicked to the curb so much until I just play at home. I am asked to play every now and then at church, when the drummer is out of town and his backup (who just popped up out of no where and disappears often) can't be found OR when the drummer has to sing. I am going to keep practicing at home and strengthing my ability and hopefully one day, there will be room for me to play.

Iam a female drummer and i dont play very often but i play with my husband who is trying to get me to play again.  I love him to death because he is trying to get me to play again, that is what i really want to do, not that i want to go on the road or anything i just want to find someplace to play with females musicians like a womens day or something.

Offline liltwinkie

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2005, 01:42:31 PM »
Quote from: lady_drumer_77

Iam a female drummer and i dont play very often but i play with my husband who is trying to get me to play again.  I love him to death because he is trying to get me to play again, that is what i really want to do, not that i want to go on the road or anything i just want to find someplace to play with females musicians like a womens day or something.

Where are ya'll at? Im in MD  I go to  New Hope CoGiC  and I need Some drummers Im a female  as well and with me being the only girl in the music department I could use the help justholla  at me if you are interested or if you are in my area .

peace

yung Twink

Offline mickee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2005, 03:35:47 PM »
Liltwinkie,
I wish that I was in your area! I am down here in GA. It would have been great to play with other females and just have fun doing what I love.[/quote]

Offline lady_drumer_77

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2005, 10:23:56 AM »
Quote from: liltwinkie
Quote from: lady_drumer_77

Where are ya'll at? Im in MD  I go to  New Hope CoGiC  and I need Some drummers Im a female  as well and with me being the only girl in the music department I could use the help justholla  at me if you are interested or if you are in my area .

peace

yung Twink

i would have really wanted to come to your church but i live in Queens N.Y  i just wish female drummers got treated the same way they treat male drummers.

Offline Sharwty

• LGM Member

Female Drummers
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2005, 10:40:17 AM »
yo what's up this ya girl Sharwty representing from MIA Florida one of the few Female Drummer Holla at yac girl

Offline WillieBrnJr

• LGM Member

Female Drummer
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2005, 10:20:30 AM »
Sheryl that used to play for the Pace sisters, she's and awesome drummer' she hits hard....had a pleasure of jamm'n with her.

Offline mzshorty

• LGM Member
    • http://

Female Drummers
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »
im a female drummer myself im not bragging but alotta folks say me and this other dude are the best in charlotte i have a betta foot than these dudes i be with playing :D  :)

Offline HeavenlyBeat08

• LGM Member
  • Who ever is first shall be last and the last first
    • http://myspace.com/nicolettecarney

Female Drummers
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2005, 12:57:22 AM »
Girl drummer over herre!I have been playing for almost 6 years and I am section leader in my HS jazz band.I really want 2 improve my skills so any tips will help.
Peace!
http://myspace.com/nicolettecarney
GIRLS CAN ROCK ON THE SET TOO!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up