LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church to buy drums help advice  (Read 5341 times)

Offline inhope

• LGM Member
    • http://www.hotgospel.co.uk

Church to buy drums help advice
« on: November 06, 2004, 06:31:47 AM »
Earlier this year I formed a gospel choir at our small UK church. Things are going really well so much so that the church has agreed to buy a set of drums for the church. We only have £400.00 spend. Also storage space is a problem as they have to be packed away we have a lot of youth groups who may wreck them. We would like to buy some Arbiter Flats can anyone tell me how good they are or any alternetives I would really appreciate your help Once again thanks from England and God Bless you all

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 07:34:10 AM »
Whoa. I guess drummers would be the most help here . . . wish I could help, but that is an instrument I know nothing about. Sorry . . .

Be Blessed . . .
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 02:51:15 PM »
I don't think I would go with Arbiter Flats if I was in your position. They really don't sound like real drums. You're better off getting a real drumset and just locking it up in a closet after services. How much does £400.00 come to in American dollars? Maybe you could get a Yamaha Hip Gig set for that amount.

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 07:49:23 PM »
Quote from: CalKel2
How much does £400.00 come to in American dollars?

It comes to about 568.00 in Anerican money
MERCY EN!!

Offline crazyfoot

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 09:23:36 AM »
in your case of storage problem,you should check into purchasing a mapex v series set. I not to long ago purchase it and this set kicks. The sizes are as follows:18'' bassdrum, 8",10", and 12" toms along with a 5x12 snare. This set can take u through any gig and it is traveler friendly.  :) the price is in the 400 range. it has good hardware.

crossbearer777

what type of set u should buy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 03:17:19 PM »
mapex has the v series set in the 8,10,12. and has a 12" snare. if you are an eric tribbett fan, then all you need is a 14 inch floor tom and you will have his set ( those are the sixes he uses). then gretsch has the blackhawk set which comes in standard and fusion sizes. yamaha has the rydeen set in the standard sizes. tama has the swingstar set in fusion and standard sizes too. pacific (dw) has the fs series set in fusion. it is made of birch and sound so sick!!!!!! i have one myself. but if all else fails, just look on ebay to find some tight prices on stuff.

- keep practicin and good luck with the hunt
Pages: [1]   Go Up