LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conflicts & Prayer...  (Read 887 times)

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Conflicts & Prayer...
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:36:14 AM »
Here's a post about worship teams I found on another Music Ministers' list....am quoting it here...

Subject: Re: worship counselors.
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:33:24 +0000
X-Message-Number: 2

My new senior pastor has had some interesting insights about people involved in worship
ministry, and unfortunately I've seen the truth in them. I believe there is a scriptural precedent.

1)  Worship ministry is front-line in spiritual warfare. Of all the people in the church, we are a target for spiritual attack.

2)  Lucifer was the leader of worship/creativity in heaven before his fall.  The strengths that gave him his creativity also gave him the weakness of pride.  There is a natural competetiveness, and desire for success and accolades innate. Those of us who have been given similar giftings also struggle with similar weaknesses. We have to cast down that satanic prideful nature in ourselves.  Because satan IS that, he tries to fan the flame to bring as many of us down as he possibly can. He is VERY jealous of us, and tries to trip as many up as he can.

SO . . .

3)  Conflict is more often evident in music/worship/creative arts ministries in the local church. It is part of the ongoing day-to-day dealings of every music ministry, and is NOT unexpected even in a spirit-filled, growing church. 

I will also tell you that few pastors have the stomach to deal with the day to day challenges that presents. Their "choleric" nature wants to FIX us, and conquer the problem. For the most part it goes deeper than that.  On the other hand. Few music leaders have the ability to go forward in the spiritual gifts and discern and deal with the enemy in such attacks. They allow problems and personalities to take over and fester without dealing with them until they injure the ministry.

That's my philosophy, take it for what it's worth, but research is proving it true.

Be blessed in your effort,
Lisa Zimdars

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

Re: Conflicts & Prayer...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »
Very good stuff
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)
Pages: [1]   Go Up