LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Shed....September 19th  (Read 809 times)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Weekend Shed....September 19th
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
Greetings my brothers and sisters in Christ. The Lord has shown us mercy in allowing us to see another week go by. I pray that each of you has had a blessed week. Please keep those families in South Texas in prayer as they try to regroup from "IKE". We never know when devistation is going to touch one of us or our families. NO MATTER HOW BAD THE SITUATION MAY SEEM, GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL!

Let us pray for each other in our continued strive for excellence with our craft. For those shedding this weekend for Christ may the Lord give you all that you need to perform to your best ability.

Thump for Christ!

Be Blessed....
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Re: Weekend Shed....September 19th
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »
Man, light on the shed this week...........
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »
Sorry I haven't posted, been running here and there.  A good weekend overall, I practiced Friday and Sunday with Atmosphere and did the Male Chorus thing at Sunday Service.  The new Fender performed brilliantly, particularly after I had the neck adjusted and cleaned her up a little.  My daughter named her Sapphire--pics soon I promise!

But back to the group.  I was able to sit in on the songwriters' session, where they wrote out the parts for the vocalists.  It was eye (and ear) opening to be sure. 

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »
service was great. i played well. we got a great mixture of songs in. the song that took off was "Jesus can work it out" and we played that. I dont get fancy on those songs, i just do simple movements that set the atmosphere (which works better than any 80 note riff can. lol). after the word was given the first lady started singing "Jesus Jesus Jesus" a good slow song to get me some movements in. Then they did "Never would have made it" which me and the drummer gave it some life with some coordinated playing dynamics. (comes with communication and listening, which is something i doubt we'll ever have with our organist, but oh well)

our next thing to tackle in the coming weeks is "one more chance" (which i still never got my hands on the Bishop Eric McDaniel version that you guys keep talkin about. dont know where to find it) and "take it back". my ear seems to be geared for the smooth slow-tempo songs, cause i can hear stuff to place in there and where, but with these fast uptempo songs i seem to struggle.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:40:21 PM »
our next thing to tackle in the coming weeks is "one more chance" (which i still never got my hands on the Bishop Eric McDaniel version that you guys keep talkin about.
....iTUNES...I JUST HEARD IT MAN OF GOD....
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:39:51 PM »
i just listened to the sample and the bass player is going crazy! im scared to buy it an listen to it. lol. there's no way i can handle anything like that. not now anyway.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
i just listened to the sample and the bass player is going crazy! im scared to buy it an listen to it. lol. there's no way i can handle anything like that. not now anyway.
....I HEARD THAT.... SLOW IT DOWNN....  ;D
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up