LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "TUNE" Technology  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Main5playah

• LGM Member
  • RV-5 Sadowsky

"TUNE" Technology
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:16:57 AM »
About 2 years ago a friend of mine came to church and showed me his new Axe, it was a TUNE 4 string. I played it that evening and was very impressed by the tone, ever since then I always wanted one. Well being that this is my Wedding Anniversary week my wife actually found me one, a six string that she won off of eBay. I played it last Sunday, brothers don't sleep on this Axe, for real its got mad heart.

Main5playah

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

Re: "TUNE" Technology
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:22:38 AM »
They are pretty good basses. This guy played one at a conference that I played for last year. His had bartolini pickups installed. That baby sounded real good. I would have to get used to the W I D E spacing on that neck though. That would be my only problem. Other than that, I thought about picking up one.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline malthumb

• LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »
Congrats on .......

* your anniversary.  Best wishes for many more to come

* your new Tune (which willprobably also have several anniversaries)

* having a life partner who shares your enthusiasm for your gift and calling.

I played a couple Tunes last summer at one of the stores (Sam Ash, maybe?) in Manhattan.  I remember being impressed with them, especially considering everything else in that particular store was pretty much low end.  I had also just come from the shop across the street that sells Pensa as their house brand. Pensa basses are seriously high end and these were well set up, so the bar was set high by the time I played the Tune basses.  I was surprised at how reasonably priced they were for the quality.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline DWBass

• LGM Member
  • Make A Joyful Noise!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:18:17 AM »
Bear in mind that there are 2 different Tune bass companies. The original is a Japanese company and the ones being sold in general musical instrument stores are a Korean brand. The Japanese brand are boutique quality instruments. The Korean brand makes very good instruments though! Nice bass!!
"Never Leave Home Without Your Groove On" :)

Offline chrismc101

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »
Main5playah,

Welcome to the TUNE family. As you can see from my advatar, I play a 5-string TUNE. I've had mine since '04 and she is my baby. I like going to music stores and trying other basses, but none feel better in my hands that she does. Maybe except for the Lakeland 5505 (I think) that I want.

I do wanna upgrade my PUs to Barts, but besides that, I LOVE her to death! I will not be parting with this bass simply because I love it and she was my 1st...
CeeMc
"bassN4eva"

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:25:46 PM »
I played a couple Tunes last summer at one of the stores (Sam Ash, maybe?) in Manhattan.  I remember being impressed with them, especially considering everything else in that particular store was pretty much low end.  I had also just come from the shop across the street that sells Pensa as their house brand. Pensa basses are seriously high end and these were well set up, so the bar was set high by the time I played the Tune basses.  I was surprised at how reasonably priced they were for the quality.

i hate that Sam Ash (thats the one near my job) but every now and again i need a music fix during the day that listenin to my Zune cant help and i go in there and play. I first played the Tune bass in there and loved it. I was mad when my cousin sold his cause if i knew he wanted to sell it i wouldve definitely bought it. Still might get one one day. who knows
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Main5playah

• LGM Member
  • RV-5 Sadowsky

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 12:44:21 PM »
Congrats on .......

* your anniversary.  Best wishes for many more to come

* your new Tune (which will probably also have several anniversaries)

* having a life partner who shares your enthusiasm for your gift and calling.

Peace,

James

Thank you so much for those kind sentiments, truly when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing! (Given both of you are equally yoked and put God first)my ministry mate and I will be celebrating 4 years come this Thursday. And I'd like to underscore your quote, "Having a life partner who shares your enthusiasm for your gift and calling" that is profound and a true blessing from God.
Main5playah

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
Congrats on your anniversary....Tight bass Man of God... yeah I seen ah man of god on youtube playing a tune bass (kbass is his name) tightttttttttttttt 6 string too... i looked high and low never could find ah 6 string... tha sam ash here (miami) only has tha 4 string...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0n0fIojnkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline Main5playah

• LGM Member
  • RV-5 Sadowsky

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
Congrats on your anniversary....Tight bass Man of God... yeah I seen ah man of god on youtube playing a tune bass (kbass is his name) tightttttttttttttt 6 string too... i looked high and low never could find ah 6 string... tha sam ash here (miami) only has tha 4 string...

They play with passion, I like that.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0n0fIojnkc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
Main5playah

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »
I always say, aint nothing like a woman that will buy you gear. 

Such a lucky man.

My best friend has a wife like that too.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:53:42 PM »
That's a sweet-looking bass!
Pages: [1]   Go Up