LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A testamony of 23 minutes in hell  (Read 7920 times)

Offline JHJr

• LGM Member
    • Myspace site

A testamony of 23 minutes in hell
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
I read this book and it caused me to straighten out and to organize my priorities. I suggest you read also
This is the audio version of the book to put in your ipod. http://www.freecdtracts.com/cdtracts/BillWiese/23MinutesinHell.htm
Video Version
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8f1da580cbfd9b0fecd3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=648563944666093503

Book
http://www.amazon.com/23-Minutes-Hell-Bill-Wiese/dp/1591858828

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: A testamony of 23 minutes in hell
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
I read this book and it caused me to straighten out and to organize my priorities. I suggest you read also
This is the audio version of the book to put in your ipod. http://www.freecdtracts.com/cdtracts/BillWiese/23MinutesinHell.htm
Video Version
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8f1da580cbfd9b0fecd3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=648563944666093503
Book
http://www.amazon.com/23-Minutes-Hell-Bill-Wiese/dp/1591858828

So he had an out of body experience or something?  (sorry, I can't see the videos right now)

Offline JHJr

• LGM Member
    • Myspace site

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:36:12 PM »
yea, i bought the book yesterday and finished it this afternoon. I was walking around campus today with it in my hand and it was a great conversation starter. God was able to witness to the saved and undersaved that hell was real and everyone need to get their priorities and lives straight with God.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
yea, i bought the book yesterday and finished it this afternoon. I was walking around campus today with it in my hand and it was a great conversation starter. God was able to witness to the saved and undersaved that hell was real and everyone need to get their priorities and lives straight with God.

The only thing that I'm wary about is I get scared easily.  I don't want to read this and be jumpy and scared at night, ya know?  At the same time I really want to know what this book has to offer.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 01:20:50 AM »
LOL @ 23 minutes in hell!!! :D :D :D

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:55:54 AM »
Have heard couple other similar ;Ian Anderson from Australia(has had some recreation on TBN)  and Christ for All Nations (reinhartd Bonke)  about a pastor who was resurrected in Nigeria few years ago. There is an AWESOME dvd "raised from the dead" from wwwCFAN.org.  .also see   www.wayofthemaster.com and www.need GOD.com for some great tools!!!!!! NEVER know who last guy in BOOK of LIFE is-one of us may be talking to him  TODAY

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »
There is a woman who wrote 2 books claiming that she has been to Heaven AND Hell and I wonder if there authors were "inspired" by her versions?   

I'll just rely on the Bible's depiction.

I guess I can say I worked in hell for 4 years because that's what it felt like and the manager was the devil.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 01:49:09 PM »
There is a woman who wrote 2 books claiming that she has been to Heaven AND Hell and I wonder if there authors were "inspired" by her versions?   

I'll just rely on the Bible's depiction.

I guess I can say I worked in hell for 4 years because that's what it felt like and the manager was the devil.

::)  :D

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »
I watched the first video in this thread and started tearing.  Wow.  That's crazy.  I can imagine how relieved and thankful he was to be lifted out of there.  My gosh...wow.   :'(

After watching that I started to think how I sometimes take salvation for granted.  You have to remember there are those who won't accept it and have to live through that torment.  They way he described Hell was way different than I imagined it.  I thought of it as a huge pit of figurewith jail cells around the edges and when it was time for you to be tormented by the demons they would take you out, torment you, then throw you in the pit.  Sooner or later you'd start looking like something out of Hades in Disney's Hercules.

I have work to do.  I think if I watch the second clip I won't get my work done.   

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 03:39:28 PM »
       LOL!   :D  You guys are crazy  :D  I didnt know God was giving free tours of Hell  :D :D  You all should not be so gullible to believe this mess.  This guy clearly had a nightmare of things he's already read about and imagined to be true.  Fear is used as a method of control.  God is not about that.  He makes promises, not threats.  He wants you to faithfully serve him for who He is and not for any other reason.  Im sorry but no man is so bad that God will give him a sneak peak at Hell and no man is so good that he will get a sneak peak at Heaven.  These are super-natural and timeless relms so how is it that you all think the human mind can analyze and understand their contents?   

No judge would give a felon a walk around tour of prison before his sentence.  And no one takes you to the store, buys your gift in front of you, only to wrap it until your birthday.   :D :D :D  This is not in the character of God.  This guy should be ashamed of himself  :-\

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

Mary K. Baxter.
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
       LOL!   :D  You guys are crazy  :D  I didnt know God was giving free tours of Hell  :D :D  You all should not be so gullible to believe this mess.  This guy clearly had a nightmare of things he's already read about and imagined to be true.  Fear is used as a method of control.  God is not about that.  He makes promises, not threats.  He wants you to faithfully serve him for who He is and not for any other reason.  Im sorry but no man is so bad that God will give him a sneak peak at Hell and no man is so good that he will get a sneak peak at Heaven.  These are super-natural and timeless relms so how is it that you all think the human mind can analyze and understand their contents?   

No judge would give a felon a walk around tour of prison before his sentence.  And no one takes you to the store, buys your gift in front of you, only to wrap it until your birthday.   :D :D :D  This is not in the character of God.  This guy should be ashamed of himself  :-\

QFT.
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 05:01:15 PM »
Well, I know for a fact that anyone who went to heaven and came back of their own accord is lying.  You couldn't drag me out once I made it in...

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
Well, I know for a fact that anyone who went to heaven and came back of their own accord is lying.  You couldn't drag me out once I made it in...

Dont make jokes Nessy LOL!   :D  Some people really do believe you can run in and out of Heaven and Hell like a 1 day all day free admission pass lol!   :D

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 05:05:46 PM »

I know that's right!

LOL!   :D  You guys are crazy  :D  I didnt know God was giving free tours of Hell  :D :D  You all should not be so gullible to believe this mess.  This guy clearly had a nightmare of things he's already read about and imagined to be true.  Fear is used as a method of control.  God is not about that.  He makes promises, not threats.  He wants you to faithfully serve him for who He is and not for any other reason.  Im sorry but no man is so bad that God will give him a sneak peak at Hell and no man is so good that he will get a sneak peak at Heaven.  These are super-natural and timeless relms so how is it that you all think the human mind can analyze and understand their contents?   

No judge would give a felon a walk around tour of prison before his sentence.  And no one takes you to the store, buys your gift in front of you, only to wrap it until your birthday.   :D :D :D  This is not in the character of God.  This guy should be ashamed of himself  :-\

Preach!

Sounds like a script from a horror flick or something. I turned that mess off after 2mins  :-\.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »
Dont make jokes Nessy LOL!   :D  Some people really do believe you can run in and out of Heaven and Hell like a 1 day all day free admission pass lol!   :D
LOL!!! I'm cool on that, I hope never to find out what hell really looks like!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »

What was in the back of my mind was a part of a sermon my pastor did on this passage:

2 Corinthians 12:2-9 (King James Version)

2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2012:2-4;&version=9;

He probably included the verses after it but I don't remember.  It was a while ago.  I don't want to elaborate on the sermon because I don't want to miss represent what was actually said.  A few things from the sermon are sticking out in my mind.  I started thinking, "If He gave some dude a tour of Heaven he could give some dude a tour of Hell".

*waits for the "Study the Bible for yourself, you idiot" brigade to come in and flame her*

*then waits for them to flame her pastor whom they haven't heard*

But being lifted out of Hell is pretty much what Jesus did for those of us who have accepted/will accept him when He died on the cross.  That's the part I teared at.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 05:30:39 PM »
What was in the back of my mind was a part of a sermon my pastor did on this passage:

2 Corinthians 12:2-9 (King James Version)

2I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

4How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Corinthians%2012:2-4;&version=9;

He probably included the verses after it but I don't remember.  It was a while ago.  I don't want to elaborate on the sermon because I don't want to miss represent what was actually said.  A few things from the sermon are sticking out in my mind.  I started thinking, "If He gave some dude a tour of Heaven he could give some dude a tour of Hell".

*waits for the "Study the Bible for yourself, you idiot" brigade to come in and flame her*

*then waits for them to flame her pastor whom they haven't heard*

But being lifted out of Hell is pretty much what Jesus did for those of us who have accepted/will accept him when He died on the cross.  That's the part I teared at.
The part that stands out to me, is that God showed these things to this person, and didn't permit him to repeat them, we got people on best selling lists trying to profit on what they "saw".

The other person who got to see heaven was John when he wrote Revelations, but the purpose of what he saw is apparent.  The angel told him to write and from that we now have the book of revelations.  But it wasn't a popularity/fad thing.  It was a God-purpose and that alone.

Too many evangelists and prophets today are just in it for themselves.  It's a very ugly side of the church, how something God intended to aid in the edifying and expansion of the kingdom of God now only expands the size of the evangelist's bank account.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 05:39:25 PM »
The part that stands out to me, is that God showed these things to this person, and didn't permit him to repeat them, we got people on best selling lists trying to profit on what they "saw".

The other person who got to see heaven was John when he wrote Revelations, but the purpose of what he saw is apparent.  The angel told him to write and from that we now have the book of revelations.  But it wasn't a popularity/fad thing.  It was a God-purpose and that alone.

Too many evangelists and prophets today are just in it for themselves.  It's a very ugly side of the church, how something God intended to aid in the edifying and expansion of the kingdom of God now only expands the size of the evangelist's bank account.

Exactly.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »

I see...

Quote from: 2 Corinthians 12: 5-10
5Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

6For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

In the words of Nessa..."keep reading"  :D

...which reminds me that this sermon was probably about false prophets.  :D

CDs just started to go on sale.  There were a few sermons I already had in mind to buy.  I think I'll add this one to the list.  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up