LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Video.... Finale to a night of darkness?.... check it out!!  (Read 2986 times)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: New Video.... Finale to a night of darkness?.... check it out!!
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
...who cares how churchy you sound.

:D

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »
:D

;D ;D ;D I knew you would catch that Sheen ;D

I'm just messin' Jus, I was really trying to be funny and forgot the smiley after my comment. I just thought the hi-hat work and just a couple of the fills were a little "churchy" for a HIGHWAY TO HELL song or anti-church type of songs if you get what I mean ;D, but seriously who cares? You've held that gig down longer then most guys hold down a 9 to 5. I still think the clip is cool 8)

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member
  • JUST LET YOUR SOUL GLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 12:27:48 PM »
yo lock and Audio...... Id like to take a quote from the greatest movie of all time! "The Water Boy"........... "Thank you for being my friends" - Bobby Boucher........ lol ;D.... I wanna post another video but im afraid that dude on the drums is gonna hit me with a stick. lol should I? lol
Love is Peace...Music is Learning.... and God is Life!!!

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 12:30:45 PM »
;D ;D ;D I knew you would catch that Sheen ;D

I just thought the hi-hat work and just a couple of the fills were a little "churchy" for a HIGHWAY TO HELL song or anti-church type of songs

I was trying to take the turnpike to heaven! lol ;D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »
yo lock and Audio...... Id like to take a quote from the greatest movie of all time! "The Water Boy"........... "Thank you for being my friends" - Bobby Boucher........ lol ;D.... I wanna post another video but im afraid that dude on the drums is gonna hit me with a stick. lol should I? lol

Dude go ahead and post another vid.  But let me tell you this.  When i critique anyone's video or audio clip, i critique every aspect.  That means the picture and sound quality.  Other musicians and the overall music is subject to critiquing as well.  I critique the notes you play and how you play them in terms of what the gig (music) calls for.  I could really care less about fast notes, tricks and stick twirls but if anyone decides to showcase, it better be clean.  Execution is key in my book. 

In other words, before you post a clip, think about how it looks and sounds overall.  Stop thinking like drummers and move into the mindset of musicians and producers.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »
dude on drum always starting mess..he aint that good himself..all he does is drive and shadow the hi-hat in every track he does..lol..YEAH!!! now what?

Ok I don't usually say this but GUY you're stupid!!! D.O.D. is one of the best drummers in christian music period! I'M a drummer and IM talking to him about play on some of the tracks Im producing!!!! I hope you were only joking!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Ok my take;

Well you have a really strong groove, you kept the pocket nicely...Watch your fills make sure they are as on point as your pocket... All fills have to always be in the pocket not just the groove playing... As for white and black music there is a difference on the way there played but who said that you cant mix the two BUT its always good to know the true fundamentals of the way a style of music is played or you do end up sounding like house ****** at an all white dinner party, and man some of those fills had you sounding like a house ******.

Im not out to tear you down man, I play and produce more contemporary Christian music then gospel..Hmmm no its about the same but Ive had years and years of it. Right now Im revisiting modern country music... Some of the sloppiest playing but it fits the music. Some of gospels best sound like a bunch of house ******* when they have to step into the so called white market too, its not just you.

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »
WOW this man compared DAVE to SHEEN..ok im through in this thread..peace..

Offline jusplay

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 12:45:45 AM »
lol...... I just wanted you guys to check out my video .. lol... ;D o LGM you always bring a party to the threads! LMBO!!!!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 06:12:36 AM »
lol...... I just wanted you guys to check out my video .. lol... ;D o LGM you always bring a party to the threads! LMBO!!!!

I hope youre learning and not just being ignorant!

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »
I hope youre learning and not just being ignorant!

I would suggest what I've done and get with a group that likes to play a lot of country blues, or Led Zepplin or U2 type stuff. It will open your eyes  :o. Everything you thought you knew about music will be thrown out the door when you try to bring a "jazz fusion/church" mentality to these styles. And same goes for the drummers that want to cross over to what we like.

I'm telling you, It's so important to learn country music. The feel, the tuning of your drums. You'll never see an 8 inch tom in any country music. Listen to some pop country stuff like Rascal Flatts, or Carrie Underwood (two biggest pop country names).

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:45 PM »
WOW this man compared DAVE to SHEEN..ok im through in this thread..peace..

To me, I love what they do equally. Both of them are artists in my eyes. They paint a very different picture. I would call Mr. Hayden over Weckl for certain projects and vice versa.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »
Whoa that's a high compliment.  Thankyou sir. I would definately try not to let you down :)

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
you can start by drumming on my tracks for free  ;D

Offline CARLISLE

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 09:23:54 PM »
To me, I love what they do equally. Both of them are artists in my eyes. They paint a very different picture. I would call Mr. Hayden over Weckl for certain projects and vice versa.

WOW!!!! :-X
You can make it happen; whatever you want

Bear..    http://www.myspace.com/lintonlouise1

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 11:03:19 PM »
Good job.  I caught a couple of "funk" licks on there, but as long as they dug it, it's all good. 

I must say though, I never thought in a million years I would ever hear AC/DC on LGM.  But I've played "Back In Black" on a gig myself.  Heck, I own the CD too.

When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Ok my take;

Well you have a really strong groove, you kept the pocket nicely...Watch your fills make sure they are as on point as your pocket... All fills have to always be in the pocket not just the groove playing... As for white and black music there is a difference on the way there played but who said that you cant mix the two BUT its always good to know the true fundamentals of the way a style of music is played or you do end up sounding like house ****** at an all white dinner party, and man some of those fills had you sounding like a house ******.

Im not out to tear you down man, I play and produce more contemporary Christian music then gospel..Hmmm no its about the same but Ive had years and years of it. Right now Im revisiting modern country music... Some of the sloppiest playing but it fits the music. Some of gospels best sound like a bunch of house ******* when they have to step into the so called white market too, its not just you.

Do you have bad blood with some gospel drummers, and whats up with this white market, if it means what I think it means. If so you talk about only one side of the story I know your a pro, but it does'nt matter if you come from black market or white market. What one plays in his  market he does it well, when one crosses over they have to adjust their playing.

So please dont point out just one market and make them look bad. look at the whole picture, because to me it sounds like you have some bad blood with certain drummers.
Tbass
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up