LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats and Dogs  (Read 9149 times)

Tiptip357

Re: Cats and Dogs
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 07:23:35 PM »
Hate dogs! Love cats! lol

Dogs drowl and jump on you and can't behave.
Cats are crazy too when they play
but at least they don't smell a lot like dogs.

Dang what dogs you be seein? ?/? My dog doesn't slob on me or on the furniture and he knows how to act. Whe he was a working dog, he's aound the elderly and has to remain gently. As far as smell...that's what baths and doggy cologne is for. (yes, they make doggy cologne and he smells like cool water and the spray brings out the luster in his coat...lol) :D

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »
Dang what dogs you be seein? ?/? My dog doesn't slob on me or on the furniture and he knows how to act. Whe he was a working dog, he's aound the elderly and has to remain gently. As far as smell...that's what baths and doggy cologne is for. (yes, they make doggy cologne and he smells like cool water and the spray brings out the luster in his coat...lol) :D

Dang, you be spoiling your dog! :D

My dog is crazy because we adopted him
when he was 1 year old.
So he has been in the shelter
since he was a baby, ! think.
So no one teached him how to behave.
We try but no luck. :'(

Although I do see an improvement in his behaviour;
must be because he is gettin older/mature.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Tiptip357

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 07:47:46 PM »
Dang, you be spoiling your dog!

My dog is crazy because we adopted him
when he was 1 year old.
So he has been in the shelter
since he was a baby, ! think.
So no one teached him how to behave.
We try but no luck. :'(

Although I do see an improvement in his behaviour;
must be because he is gettin older/mature.

I guess I do kinda spoil my dog, but he's a great dog so I don't mind spoiling him every once in a while :) However COMMA I will not buy him clothes.  :D With my dog, you had to be consistent and since he's in the working group, you have to keep him active. With some dogs, you have to make training a consistent pattern and with others you have to  switch it up. Some are so stubborn and take a lot of time to train. I did some research on my dog's mixed breed, including temperament, so I know what I'm dealing with. A dog's environment growing up can also be a factor. You can actually teach an old dog new tricks. I make tricks a fun game and he loves the rewards. ( He's a like a kid in a candy store when we visit the doggy gourmet) :D

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2008, 11:33:12 PM »
I guess I do kinda spoil my dog, but he's a great dog so I don't mind spoiling him every once in a while :) However COMMA I will not buy him clothes.  :D With my dog, you had to be consistent and since he's in the working group, you have to keep him active. With some dogs, you have to make training a consistent pattern and with others you have to  switch it up. Some are so stubborn and take a lot of time to train. I did some research on my dog's mixed breed, including temperament, so I know what I'm dealing with. A dog's environment growing up can also be a factor. You can actually teach an old dog new tricks. I make tricks a fun game and he loves the rewards. ( He's a like a kid in a candy store when we visit the doggy gourmet) :D

I guess you can teach an old dog tricks. But my dog isn't really that old, only 3 years now? I don't know. But he is a Bonehead!
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline sistagurl

• LGM Member
    • Facebook

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 03:27:11 PM »
I have two cats (my babies). I favor cats more so than dogs. Dogs get on my nerves slobbering all over ya and jumping on ya. My husband has white jerman sheperd which I have nothing to do with. But if I were to have my own dog it would also be an akita or a lab. Probably more so the Lab. But I'm not looking to get one any time soon.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2008, 06:15:44 PM »
....My dog can be stuck in a room for hours because he refuses to stick his paw in the crack and pull the door open. I come home from church and he's sitting there, peaking through the crack, Like "Please, get me OUTTA here!!"   :D :D :D idiot

We had to put a lock on our back gate because we had a German Sheperd that knew how to open the gate.  One day I looked out the window and saw some kids teasing him and throwing sticks at him.  The next day I made certain I was mowing the lawn at the time they came by and I purposely didn't put the lock on the gate.  They got to watch him open the gate and walk out.  Never teased him again.

FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »
...I have been contemplating another dog.  I'm between a rottweiler, a cane corso, a bull mastiff, a minature pinscher, or a Jack Russell terrier.

Size is obviously not your deciding point.  Couldn't get much further apart on the size spectrum.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »
Size is obviously not your deciding point.  Couldn't get much further apart on the size spectrum.

I'm going on demeanors and ease of training.  The Jack Russell is probably the craziest one actually.  If I had to choose today, it would be the Rott hands down.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »

My baby wears the cutest clothes!!!  She actually has her own closet, now.  :D :D :D :D  The newest addition to her wardrobe was a pink rhinestone-studded raincoat and matching boots with fur lining!  :D

She has sweaters, dresses, t-shirts, coats (most of which I bought when we moved to DC), jackets, a ballerina outfit, 2-piece skirt outfits... she is better dressed than her mama!

*sigh*  If only I could get her to walk in heels...  :-\ ;D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
Funny that this thread came up today. When I woke up this morning, my "guard dog" was asleep. He looked so goofy I just had to snap the pictures. He would bite me if he knew I was posting this.

Sorry LaRue, but Nemo doesn't have a closet, and therefore, no pants..........

FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »
Funny that this thread came up today. When I woke up this morning, my "guard dog" was asleep. He looked so goofy I just had to snap the pictures. He would bite me if he knew I was posting this.

Sorry LaRue, but Nemo doesn't have a closet, and therefore, no pants..........

OMG, is that him asleep????  My heart started pounding and that's just a picture!  Wow... he's scary.  And no, I don't think I'd wanna see him in pants.  :D :D :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »
OMG, is that him asleep???? My heart started pounding and that's just a picture! Wow... he's scary. And no, I don't think I'd wanna see him in pants.  :D :D :D

Okay, okay,......a less scary picture

FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

Now he's looking like, I should bite you for taking that pic with all of my business out. 
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »

LESS scary?  Have you seen my dog???  ?/? :-\ :-[

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 08:22:33 PM »
LESS scary?  Have you seen my dog???  ?/? :-\ :-[

No, but I could imagine.  The German Sheperd I had before Nemo was attacked and bitten by a Shih Tzu.  I'm not joking.  Thurman remembered that and swore out revenge 'til the day he died.  Everytime we walked past the Shih Tzu's house his back hair went up and he was lookin' for him.
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2008, 08:37:22 PM »
No, but I could imagine.  The German Sheperd I had before Nemo was attacked and bitten by a Shih Tzu.  I'm not joking.  Thurman remembered that and swore out revenge 'til the day he died.  Everytime we walked past the Shih Tzu's house his back hair went up and he was lookin' for him.

Yeah, my Vannah is the type to attack a German Shepherd... as long as he doesn't bark at her.   :D :D :D  Sometimes, I don't think she realizes how small she is.  She will bark and fuss and charge and jump and all that... until the big dog starts to growl or come at her... then all of a sudden, she realizes she's only 8 lbs and way out of her league.  :D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up