LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW RONALD BRUNER JR  (Read 13076 times)

Offline Praize Drumma

• LGM Member

Re: NEW RONALD BRUNER JR
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 01:11:24 PM »
I'll say it...

...he's talking to dude-on-drums. When I hear people like George McCurdy, I see no reason why dude-on-drums could not be on the Tye Tribbett gig. Like ANYONE, Sheen has room for improvement, but he has skill, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, he has a feel for the music...

It's not like every avaiable drummers is lined up, and given a chance for every possible gig. You can be the baddest drummer on the map, and still be at home. That's why I say, every musician that is holding down their dream gig should be, should feel grateful. Their is always someone else out there who could do your gig as good, if not better than you can.

ooooook let me clear the air before anyone really decides to take this personal.... First, my post was not aimed at dude-on-drums it was aimed at the whole fam. If you noticed in my post i used words like "some of you" and "you guys" it was a general post for the whole fam not just 1,2 or 3 people it was meant for everyone just like i expected to get responses from everyone. So before you try and make this personal between me and someone else go back and read what i wrote, because dude-on-drums is not the only person in here who has had a negative thing to say about musicians posted on here.... If i/you/we looked back and many of the threads that i/you/we have read through before it is clear thats not the case.
you may have the talent and the ability........... but music comes from the heart

Offline Praize Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »

Why are you talking under your breath? Just go ahead and say who you are speaking about. That's how we keep it real in here. Not subliminal messages.

I'm not talking under my breath especially when there's no need to. Once again my comment was general. But i do appreciate you trying to keep things real around here  :-\
you may have the talent and the ability........... but music comes from the heart

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
I'll say it...

...he's talking to dude-on-drums. When I hear people like George McCurdy, I see no reason why dude-on-drums could not be on the Tye Tribbett gig. Like ANYONE, Sheen has room for improvement, but he has skill, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, he has a feel for the music...

It's not like every avaiable drummers is lined up, and given a chance for every possible gig. You can be the baddest drummer on the map, and still be at home. That's why I say, every musician that is holding down their dream gig should be, should feel grateful. Their is always someone else out there who could do your gig as good, if not better than you can.

Yeah, I knew who he was speaking on. Dude has got all of 55 post and is coming out his face already. I spoke with Kevin last night about his potential. I know that he's ready. If wanted to, he can play with anybody. From Chick Corea to Mc Hammer. His skill level and feel is vast. Quite a few of us in here has that type of potential. Kevin is the only one in here brave enough to share his musical talent and educate all of us in here on a regular bases. Man, I'm older than everyone in here and I'm still learning from all ya.
You said it very well in your previous post.

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
ooooook let me clear the air before anyone really decides to take this personal.... First, my post was not aimed at dude-on-drums it was aimed at the whole fam. If you noticed in my post i used words like "some of you" and "you guys" it was a general post for the whole fam not just 1,2 or 3 people it was meant for everyone just like i expected to get responses from everyone. So before you try and make this personal between me and someone else go back and read what i wrote, because dude-on-drums is not the only person in here who has had a negative thing to say about musicians posted on here.... If i/you/we looked back and many of the threads that i/you/we have read through before it is clear thats not the case.

Offline Praize Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 01:27:23 PM »
First and foremost...

...I'm an entrepreneur. I own my own business, and I'm doing quite well for myself, despite the economic woes we are facing in the United States. I love music as much as anyone, but I made a vow to myself, that I would not rely on it to make a living. I don't believe in playing shallow music, and I feel disgusted at the thought of having too.

Believe it or not, it's not every musicians dream to become a household name, and be apart of sellout tours. If that's what you desire, then that's cool. However, I think it's pretty narrow-minded to assume that every musician that's not on the road, is somehow envious of the musicians that are. Music has been commercialized to the point that the spiritual aspect of it has become all but non-existant, except but by the few that refuse to stay true to what they feel music is really about.

While I can respect those who are apart of the music industry, I have no interest in the modern commercialization of music. That's why everything I listen to is obscure, and likely unknown by the masses. Those artists are the ones that I prefer to connect with, and play with. You don't see us selling out Madison Square Garden, but we still are relevant to the few who have an interest in what we do.

I appreciate the fact that your an entrepreneur but that doesnt really matter regarding this post, but congratulations anyway  ;)

And maybe i did come off the wrong way. I wasn't trying to glorify just being an industry musician but many of us have drummers who we have seen on here or posted ourselves and there have been many statements like "i wish i had those chops" or "I like his ideas" and whether we recognize it or not its called admiration not envy. I respect your opinion and the fact that you choose to listen to what you feel is authentic, creative and spiritual but it definitely doesn't discredit the music that these guys create and in the case of the r&b/hip hop drummer it doesn't discredit the fact that they were chosen to play someone elses music because they displayed the skill to do so. 

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »
I'm not talking under my breath especially when there's no need to. Once again my comment was general. But i do appreciate you trying to keep things real around here  :-\

Alright, I'ma take you at your word. But I will say that in this particular thread, it seem to aimed at DOD because he was the only one besides TheyCry to give feed back that was not in agreeance with the rest of the fam.

TheyCryWhenIPlay

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »
I appreciate the fact that your an entrepreneur but that doesnt really matter regarding this post, but congratulations anyway  ;)

And maybe i did come off the wrong way. I wasn't trying to glorify just being an industry musician but many of us have drummers who we have seen on here or posted ourselves and there have been many statements like "i wish i had those chops" or "I like his ideas" and whether we recognize it or not its called admiration not envy. I respect your opinion and the fact that you choose to listen to what you feel is authentic, creative and spiritual but it definitely doesn't discredit the music that these guys create and in the case of the r&b/hip hop drummer it doesn't discredit the fact that they were chosen to play someone elses music because they displayed the skill to do so. 

It matters, because that's how I prefer to make a living. I prefer to use music to make a living.

TheyCryWhenIPlay

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »
It matters, because that's how I prefer to make a living. I prefer to use music to make a living.

prefer to not use music to make a living**

I became an entrepreneur in part so that I wouldn't have to play music that I had no interest in to make the ends meet.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2008, 02:11:37 PM »
Cool dudes, but let's take it for what it is. This is Ron's and his brothers music. This also was a CD release. I doubt Ron was that open with everything on the CD, but if he was....It's his music. Some will like it and some won't, but Ron and the entire band looks happy.

I respect you guys views on it and I would agree only if he was playing another artists music but it's his stuff and I don't blame him for being free and creative at a CD release party.   

Hey lockslie1, annoying is annoying.  I really dont care that its his music.  I've seen him on more than 5 occassions where he's just not listening and comping properly while someone else is soloing.  The problem today is this, a lot of these guys dont know how to play their instruments!  They know fast tricks and stick twirls (big words) but they dont know how to construct a complete sentence in reference to the subject (music.)  You simply dont have to put 32nd notes in everything you play.  Ron reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant, except Ron is moving light years slower in understanding the full aspect of the game and not just the flash.  Ive been listening to him for a few years now and it doesnt seem like he's getting it.  He's an excellent drummer, but he needs drastic improvements on his musicianship. 

Has anyone here been invited to Drummer Live or the MD festival etc.... because of their skills on the set or because of the music you have put out there or on here? I don't believe so... I truly believe that some of you really are just satisfied with people on the board telling you your nice and swelling your head to the point where you feel like you can just come out and talk sideways about the guys out here who most of us aspire to be like. Is it because you haven't been put on a major gig yet? I dunno... but until the rest of the world has had a chance to hear you and not just LGM or your home city then i really would watch how you critique other musicians especially those who are actually recognized and are out and about doing their thing rockin arenas while we are home watching them.

LOL!!!  :D :D :D  This guy has 55 posts!!!  His last post before this one was in September of 2007...but in your statement you just clearly admitted to lurking around here, feeding off of LGM's knowledge, downloading our music clips, watching our video posts, soaking in our cd and dvd recommendaitons and reviews  :D  I honestly dont know you but I know you know who I am and you know there's a lot more to me than just critiquing drummers, so stop frontin.  I dont know if youre just young or stupid, (my guess is probably both) but if what youre saying is true, (which it isnt) then you should actually watch what you say to me on this board   ::)  You know, because you havnt made a name for yourself here, you havnt posted any video or audio of yourself, no one on LGM has the assurance that they can go to you for any kind of advice on what books to read or what latest techniques to study or gear to buy.  Youre just at home "watching" us do all the work lol!  Its cool though.  Anybody that knows me can testify that I am not big headed in the least!  I will give the shirt off my back if you ask.  I have over 1000 pm's of questions and comments and guess what, Ive gotten back to each and everyone of them.  Youre a funny dude.  If you knew anything about the industry, you would know that more than half the time, your favorite drummers are sitting at home just like you lol!  So go ahead and humor me Praize Dancer.  Tell us how much you love this site and how much we've helped you in so many ways.  Tell us how many books and videos youve bought because of Sabe, JFunky and Jkay.  Tell us how much gear youve bought by recommendation of Juse, BeatBoxer and ER.  How much have you learned about the industry thanks to FlatFith, Cdrums116 and Big Black Drummer?  Thats all you should be opening your mouth to say at this point.  The next time you have something to say, you better be giving thanks.  Youre like an ungrateful child, biting the hand that feeds you.  Now, may the Lord watch, between you and me, while youre lurking, away from the active fam, Amen!  :)

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Hey lockslie1, annoying is annoying.  I really dont care that its his music.  I've seen him on more than 5 occassions where he's just not listening and comping properly while someone else is soloing.  The problem today is this, a lot of these guys dont know how to play their instruments!  They know fast tricks and stick twirls (big words) but they dont know how to construct a complete sentence in reference to the subject (music.)  You simply dont have to put 32nd notes in everything you play.  Ron reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant, except Ron is moving light years slower in understanding the full aspect of the game and not just the flash.  Ive been listening to him for a few years now and it doesnt seem like he's getting it.  He's an excellent drummer, but he needs drastic improvements on his musicianship. 

I agree but only to a certain extent. Is he busy? Maybe. Does he need to improve on comping? Maybe Everyone has some to improve on. Do I like listening to this clip? Yes. Do you like listening to this clip? No. What it comes down to is the listener and there will be some that love his music and some that won't. Just because someone doesn't like Bruners playing doesn't make it the final verdict and just because someone does like his music doesn't make it the final verdict. For Example: The Brian Blade clip..the guy is technically sound, doesn't play 32nd notes the whole time and played the music perfectly(IMHO), but you thought it was boring. Some people found it very tasteful and that could have been instrumental in giving someone a desire to push a little harder to get better at what they do musically.  I guess we can agree to disagree on this one which is cool fam. God Bless

REGARDING THE QUOTE BELOW.....Sheen I'm trying to be serious with my post, but you always figure out a way to have me just about fall out of my chair. That's just not right  >:(

LOL!!!  :D :D :D  This guy has 55 posts!!!  His last post before this one was in September of 2007...but in your statement you just clearly admitted to lurking around here, feeding off of LGM's knowledge, downloading our music clips, watching our video posts, soaking in our cd and dvd recommendaitons and reviews  :D  I honestly dont know you but I know you know who I am and you know there's a lot more to me than just critiquing drummers, so stop frontin.  I dont know if youre just young or stupid, (my guess is probably both) but if what youre saying is true, (which it isnt) then you should actually watch what you say to me on this board   ::)  You know, because you havnt made a name for yourself here, you havnt posted any video or audio of yourself, no one on LGM has the assurance that they can go to you for any kind of advice on what books to read or what latest techniques to study or gear to buy.  Youre just at home "watching" us do all the work lol!  Its cool though.  Anybody that knows me can testify that I am not big headed in the least!  I will give the shirt off my back if you ask.  I have over 1000 pm's of questions and comments and guess what, Ive gotten back to each and everyone of them.  Youre a funny dude.  If you knew anything about the industry, you would know that more than half the time, your favorite drummers are sitting at home just like you lol!  So go ahead and humor me Praize Dancer.  Tell us how much you love this site and how much we've helped you in so many ways.  Tell us how many books and videos youve bought because of Sabe, JFunky and Jkay.  Tell us how much gear youve bought by recommendation of Juse, BeatBoxer and ER.  How much have you learned about the industry thanks to FlatFith, Cdrums116 and Big Black Drummer?  Thats all you should be opening your mouth to say at this point.  The next time you have something to say, you better be giving thanks.  Youre like an ungrateful child, biting the hand that feeds you.  Now, may the Lord watch, between you and me, while youre lurking, away from the active fam, Amen!  :)

Offline Praize Drumma

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 03:32:58 PM »
I'm just going to end it here if what i said really had that much of an effect on your pride then you should have PM'd me and said "you hurt my feelings"  :'( because that's obviously what i did. If you were so mature and not "big headed" you would have come to me in a PM on some real talk instead of looking for some hype from the board. All I had was an opinion and I expressed it just like you rebuke everyone who has something to say about how you express your opinions towards drummers or whatever on the board I'm going to do the same and tell you to kick rocks. This convo is over Dummy-on-Drugs  ;D 

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 03:38:37 PM »

REGARDING THE QUOTE BELOW.....Sheen I'm trying to be serious with my post, but you always figure out a way to have me just about fall out of my chair. That's just not right 

:D  What up man when are you coming up this way?

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

Soon bro! My sister in law just moved to Indy, so I know my wife will want to see her during the Holidays, so I just need to figure something out.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »
Soon bro! My sister in law just moved to Indy, so I know my wife will want to see her during the Holidays, so I just need to figure something out.

Yeah my brother and lil neice just moved there and I need to pay a visit as well.  I know plenty of musicians in Indy so yeah, we'll work somethin out

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 03:51:44 PM »

dude you know the iphone is better than the black berry? my iphone is way better than the curve!

i think...  :-\

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
dude you know the iphone is better than the black berry? my iphone is way better than the curve!

You should think your phone is better, being that you purchased it. If not, you're in bad shape chief! LOL!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 03:58:50 PM »

Ok ok ok.  Here's where we separate the men from the boys.   :D  The iphone is better in what ways?

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 04:09:54 PM »

Ok ok ok.  Here's where we separate the men from the boys.   :D  The iphone is better in what ways?

1. Its touch screen.
2. its an ipod.
3. you can down load great applications i.e. metronomes, scientific calculators, drum tuners, guitar tuners. ect.
4. Email is much better.
5. memory is great.
6. youtube service.
7. internet service (edge) is much better.

other reasons
1. Its cool.
2. Random girls at school come up to me saying "wow you have an iphone"
3. great convo starter with girls.
4. end up getting numbers.
5. bragging rights.

lmbo...

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 04:16:47 PM »

1. Its touch screen.
2. its an ipod.
3. you can down load great applications i.e. metronomes, scientific calculators, drum tuners, guitar tuners. ect.
4. Email is much better.
5. memory is great.
6. youtube service.

other reasons
1. Its cool.
5. bragging rights.

lmbo...

You gotta use a super expensive phone to pull the ladies? Havest thou no game? LOL! 8) I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »

1. Its touch screen.
2. its an ipod.
4. Email is much better.
5. memory is great.
6. youtube service.

other reasons
1. Its cool.
5. bragging rights.

lmbo...

Ok now here are my reasons as to why it is not better:

1.  It takes twice as long to send a text message because of mistakes from the touch screen.
2.  You cant insure it so dont drop it!
3.  No removeable battery or back-up power device.
4.  No tv.
5.  No radio.
6.  No instant messaging feature.
7.  Not blu tooth compatible.
8.  Youtube volume sucks.
9.  Its only availble through AT&T.
10. Network is not as secure and thats why companies always endorse blackberrys for their employees.

Now if youre into games and ridiculous screensavers that require you to wave your phone in the air like some kind of crazed butt-monkey, running through a graveyard, heading nowhere, then yes.  Endorse the iphone.   :D

But if you want a serious phone that has its own network, meaning if yahoo, aim, or google go down, you can still message through the blackberry network, run microsoft windows and a host of other 3rd party apps that the iphone cant conjur up, then endorse a blackberry!   :D

Now, where's your blackberry?  ?/?  If its still at the store, then go get it!   :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up