LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PROP 8  (Read 28137 times)

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

PROP 8
« on: November 04, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
I only felt this was appropriate because of the date.

I am YES on 8.

Why are you? God forbid around here, but why aren't you? I think it would be very beneficial for us to discuss this as a body of Christ and gain some real wisdom and knowledge to discuss this subject when it arises.

So what is your "why" on Prop 8?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: PROP 8
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »
I'm yes on Prop.8. I believe in traditional, good ole fashion marriage between a man and a woman. Even if the divorce rate is all jacked up. Now, I'm all for what they call "civil unions" if that's what they want to do.
I hate it when people compare racial discrimination against Blacks/people of color to being gay and their decisions to do what ever they do. It's no comparision in being Black and being gay.

TheyCryWhenIPlay

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
If marriage rights are given to homosexuals, every one who lives an alternative lifestyle will seek to have their lifestyle validated by the United States. If gays can get married, then why can't a man/woman have more than one spouse? I mean, really? Why can't brother and sister get married? Oh, the kids will come out screwed up? Why about two same sex siblings, then? No possibility of screwed up children there? Why can't an old lady marry all of her cats? Why can't I marry my piano? We make sweet love, and I want to validate my relationship in the eyes of the state...

....who are we hurting?  :(

Nope. Not. Stop it.

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 04:39:30 PM »
didnt you guys notice when you guys voted that the question they gave out about same sex marraige was a double negative it kinda threw you off i didnt know to write yes or no! good thing my pastor cleared it up for us before we went out and voted. i just found that strange...

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »
If marriage rights are given to homosexuals, every one who lives an alternative lifestyle will seek to have their lifestyle validated by the United States. If gays can get married, then why can't a man/woman have more than one spouse? I mean, really? Why can't brother and sister get married? Oh, the kids will come out screwed up? Why about two same sex siblings, then? No possibility of screwed up children there? Why can't an old lady marry all of her cats? Why can't I marry my piano? We make sweet love, and I want to validate my relationship in the eyes of the state...

Nope. Not. Stop it.

And you know all that mess will end up on someones ballot, picket lines, commercials etc,. Pandora's Box will be open and in full effect.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 06:04:33 PM »

Nope. Not. Stop it.

Good stuff. Keep it going ya'll.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
What is Prop 8?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 08:08:35 PM »
What is Prop 8?

Gay marriage. Vote yes and you disapprove of it. Vote no then you approve of it.

Offline Boopey

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 08:48:25 PM »
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE ONE SIN THAT DOES NOT WANT TO BE A SIN. EVERYONE LIVING THIS LIFESTYLE DOES NOT WANT IT TO BE HOWEVER PEOPLE IT IS AND YES GOD STILL LOVES YOU BUT YOU MUST PAY A PRICE. JUST BECAUSE WE AS HETEROSEXUALS/FORNICATORS OR PEOPLE THAT JUST DO NOT GET, IT DOES NOT MAKE US GAY BASHERS. TOLERANCE AND ACCEPTANCE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. HELL I BEEN FORNICATING FOR A LONG TIME AND ADMIT IT AND STRUGGLE EVERYDAY TO RIGHT THE WRONG BUT I KNOW IT IS UNACCEPTABLE IN HIS EYESIGHT FOR OUR WAYS ARE NOT HIS WAYS. I DO NOT KNOW FOR THE LIFE OF ME WHY PEOPLE DO NOT JUST SAY, "HEY I AM A FREAK AND I LIKE IT ALL I AM GREEDY AND HEY I WILL CROSS THAT HEAVEN/HELL BRIDGE WHEN IT GETS HERE. 

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 08:55:45 PM »
Prop 8 was not even an issue in Pennsylvania.  It was not on the ballot.  Stay Blessed, Nate J. 

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 09:03:53 PM »
Some people say to vote No to prop 8 because later on
this may be used as justification to take away religious freedom

have any of you heard that?

(I don't agree with that by the way....religious freedom is going to be taken away later anyway)

Ramar

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »

(I don't agree with that by the way....religious freedom is going to be taken away later anyway)

Yeah, I agree, that one day religious freedom will be taken away... We can't prevent the wrong that will be done on this earth... But we can do the right thing now... I believe one day gay marriage will be legal in all states, and states that ban it will be denied federal assistance/funding; they will be economically sanctioned (Not SOLELY BECAUSE of a gay marriage ban, of course there will be other reasons, i.e; failure to conform to national standards)

Technically it is "discrimination" to deny homosexuals the right to marry, but spiritually its immoral to engage in homosexual activity.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 06:58:10 PM »
Prop 8 was only in Cali.  Even if the issue was on your ballot, it would probably be called something else.  I'm glad you guys passed the ban.

They always word them funny to try and throw people off, but fortunately, the campaigns were so big that nobody was tricked by that, the "Yes" on 8 and "No" on 8 people were everywhere.  I was even able to follow it from here in Nevada.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »

Nope. Not. Stop it.
You make a good point.  That's probably where we're headed, eventually.  Thank God there are enough people willing to take a stand and not allow it to happen, yet.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »
Yeah, they tryed to get us with the yes/no confusion.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 07:14:54 PM »
You make a good point.  That's probably where we're headed, eventually.  Thank God there are enough people willing to take a stand and not allow it to happen, yet.

AMEN!

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 09:24:08 PM »

well you shouldnt be here when that happens buddy! The church should already be in heaven! so dont worry about that!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »
     California already has one the most encompassing definition of Domestic Partnerships - partners can sign contracts together, adopt children, inherit, see each other in hospital, make decisions about each others' health care, etc. And many companies allow partners in on their employees' health benefits.

All a 'no' on Prop. 8 would have done would be to maintain the status quo: to allow same-sex couples to keep getting Marriage licenses at the Courthouse. Today LA and Orange Counties stopped doing that. Also since CA will no longer recognize same-sex marriage, those issued in the state after the CA Supreme Court's decision several months ago to allow same-sex marriage will be considered annulled.

The No on Prop. 8 people are already mounting a court challenge to this...

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 01:32:15 PM »
well you shouldnt be here when that happens buddy! The church should already be in heaven! so dont worry about that!

If you're a pre-trib believer  ;)

California already has one the most encompassing definition of Domestic Partnerships - partners can sign contracts together, adopt children, inherit, see each other in hospital, make decisions about each others' health care, etc. And many companies allow partners in on their employees' health benefits.

All a 'no' on Prop. 8 would have done would be to maintain the status quo: to allow same-sex couples to keep getting Marriage licenses at the Courthouse. Today LA and Orange Counties stopped doing that. Also since CA will no longer recognize same-sex marriage, those issued in the state after the CA Supreme Court's decision several months ago to allow same-sex marriage will be considered annulled.

The No on Prop. 8 people are already mounting a court challenge to this...

This battle is certainly not over.

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »
If you're a pre-trib believer  ;)

This battle is certainly not over.
They're out there right now protesting already. Boy I tell you, their relentless! Their worst then the peta people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up