LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PROP 8  (Read 28135 times)

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: PROP 8
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »
You guys are still missing it.  Im done after this by the way.  Yes Satan had a choice.  But he only chose what was made available to him.  Satan chose an option and consequence that was hand crafted and perfectly designed by God.  The choice to rebel and become the leading host of darkness.  Rebellion, Envy and Covetness are spirits that Satan grabbed hold of.  What were spirits like that doing in Heaven to begin with boggles my mind everytime I think about it.  But whatever the case, no matter how strange this might sound, Satan is only Satan by the power of God.  Period.

Man you know I love you guy but I cant agree with you on this one. Satan was one of the highest and most honored beings in Heaven, he wasn't like one of the angles, he had leadership... Satan was given a free will just like all the other angles in heaven.. Satan was not satisfied with his position which was already one of greatness he wanted to be God... What this does prove is that sin started in Heaven.. God IS a God of truly free freedom, he let Satan make his own decisions, he gave mankind his own free will to make their own decisions, he has laid out his rules and has given everyone the same fighting chance to succeed in him. Is God all knowing yes but not in the way that most interpret all knowing to be. God does not create life and just condemns them to damnation, he gives them a chance to choose.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2008, 12:24:06 AM »
Man you know I love you guy but I cant agree with you on this one. Satan was one of the highest and most honored beings in Heaven, he wasn't like one of the angles, he had leadership... Satan was given a free will just like all the other angles in heaven.. Satan was not satisfied with his position which was already one of greatness he wanted to be God... What this does prove is that sin started in Heaven.. God IS a God of truly free freedom, he let Satan make his own decisions, he gave mankind his own free will to make their own decisions, he has laid out his rules and has given everyone the same fighting chance to succeed in him. Is God all knowing yes but not in the way that most interpret all knowing to be. God does not create life and just condemns them to damnation, he gives them a chance to choose.

i actually believe sin started in the Garden..not saying ur wrong BBD,but thats my opinion,but what ur saying has strong meaning behind it..so it will be hard to argue..

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
I haven't read all of the responses on this thread.  But my take on what I have read thus far is that I think that one thing that will sum this whole situation up whether you agree or disagree with Prop 8 is to reference Deut 28.  I believe that will say it all.
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2008, 12:38:42 AM »
i actually believe sin started in the Garden..not saying ur wrong BBD,but that's my opinion,but what Ur saying has strong meaning behind it..so it will be hard to argue..
Sin for mankind started in the garden, the fact that Satan had to be cast out of Heaven for going against God lends itself to the fact that sin originated in Heaven!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2008, 12:51:11 AM »

There was a war in Heaven because of sin...

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2008, 05:18:27 AM »
Lots of interesting responses in this thread. Lots to think about. In any case, don't be found outside of the covering of Christ on judgement day! Do what it takes to make it in! That's more important than anything else.
Love God. Live Long.

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2008, 07:29:10 AM »
My little contribution - The origin of sin

Ezekiel 28:13-16
Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared
Thou wast the anointed cherub that covereth: and I set thee,'so that thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till unrighteousness was found in thee.
By the abundance of thy traffic they filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore have I cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God; and I have destroyed thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

John 8:44
You belong to your father the devil, and you want to carry out the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and has never stood for truth, since there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.
Repetition deepens Impression

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »
My little contribution - The origin of sin

Ezekiel 28:13-16
Thou wast in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was in thee; in the day that thou wast created they were prepared
Thou wast the anointed cherub that covereth: and I set thee,'so that thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till unrighteousness was found in thee.
By the abundance of thy traffic they filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore have I cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God; and I have destroyed thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.

John 8:44
You belong to your father the devil, and you want to carry out the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and has never stood for truth, since there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie he speaks in character, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

in the famous words of woopie   *ditto*

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2008, 08:18:58 AM »
These drummers sho nuff know the Word...
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
all the scripture references about how sin started makes complete sense!! but..if God created all things..if He was first, then i think that includes sin too.....of course we have freewill to chose what path to take, but didnt God create freewill? he created everything else didnt He?? im not trying to argue but thats just how i feel, but at the end of the day only God knows 4 sure!

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
all the scripture references about how sin started makes complete sense!! but..if God created all things..if He was first, then i think that includes sin too.....of course we have freewill to chose what path to take, but didnt God create freewill? he created everything else didnt He?? im not trying to argue but thats just how i feel, but at the end of the day only God knows 4 sure!

dude....you just said that God created sin.....you know that right?

anyway
God gave us freewill......after that everything was up to us.
How can he take responsibility for what Satan chose to do???  ?/?
 all he did was give him freedom to do what HE wanted to do.

Offline ikickset

• LGM Member
    • myspace

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »
dude....you just said that God created sin.....you know that right?

anyway
God gave us freewill......after that everything was up to us.
How can he take responsibility for what Satan chose to do???  ?/?
 all he did was give him freedom to do what HE wanted to do.

yea i know but thats based off of the fact that God created everything...sin didnt create itself, and satan didnt create himself either..God knew what satan was gonna do b4 He created him becuz God is all knowing...so maybe God could have not created satan! but God did create him...

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2008, 05:57:41 PM »
yea i know but thats based off of the fact that God created everything...sin didnt create itself, and satan didnt create himself either..God knew what satan was gonna do b4 He created him becuz God is all knowing...so maybe God could have not created satan! but God did create him...

LOL!  Dude its no use!  Ive been trying to get them to see that but I guess they have it in their minds that God is not responsible for the creation of sin lol!  You guys are crazy.  Have you ever thought about what tempted Satin to rebell?  Oh!  You mean to tell me Satan was attacked by an evil spirit?  But that would mean there was evil before Satan and he is nothing but a body to harness evil, a mere host?  Uh yes, because in the begining was God, and God is both good and...ah forget it lol!

"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" [Lam 3:38]

You see?  God's word doesn't even deny what He is lol!

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »
You know what else is super funny!  In the scriptures, you never find Satan boasting about his power because he know's he cant take credit for it!  He knows that without God, he is not even the most powerful demonic force lol!  He was blessed, with a curse lol!!!

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
the bible says everything was created by Him and for Him. everything has a purpose.
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
LOL!  Dude its no use!  Ive been trying to get them to see that but I guess they have it in their minds that God is not responsible for the creation of sin lol!  You guys are crazy.  Have you ever thought about what tempted Satin to rebell?  Oh!  You mean to tell me Satan was attacked by an evil spirit?  But that would mean there was evil before Satan and he is nothing but a body to harness evil, a mere host?  Uh yes, because in the begining was God, and God is both good and...ah forget it lol!

"Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?" [Lam 3:38]

It kinda brings new meaning to:, "As I walk throught the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for You are with me."  If you're buds with the evilest dude in the universe the heck else you need to be afraid of?  Lol.

*goes back to lurk mode*

Offline drummin4jc

• LGM Member

« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

break that verse down sheen cause i dont think that said anything! lol...

Offline fLaT-fIfTh

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.gospelchops.com

« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »
Not to interject race or anything... BUT! Black voters in California overwhelmingly supported Prop 8, but yet there are no reported protests in front of black churches. Why is that??? I'm sure there must be some pretty upset choir directors on the left coast... ;D

God bless

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2008, 11:44:19 PM »
Not to interject race or anything... BUT! Black voters in California overwhelmingly supported Prop 8, but yet there are no reported protests in front of black churches. Why is that??? I'm sure there must be some pretty upset choir directors on the left coast... ;D

God bless

I was listening to the radio today, and this fool Michael Baisden was blaming Black Christians and putting us down for not supporting gay rights. Thats when I remembered why I dont like him. He claimed that those who supported it were imopsing thier beliefs on others , and that we should all just love each other.

I believe that by allowing it, they are imposing thier views on us and our children, and that the people have spoken, so too bad for the homos! Most people made this decision on thier moral beliefs, and if people happen to base thier moral beleifs on thier religion, then so be it.

just venting......

As for the choir director comment,  :-X :-X :-X

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »
I was listening to the radio today, and this fool Michael Baisden was blaming Black Christians and putting us down for not supporting gay rights. Thats when I remembered why I dont like him. He claimed that those who supported it were imopsing thier beliefs on others , and that we should all just love each other.

I believe that by allowing it, they are imposing thier views on us and our children, and that the people have spoken, so too bad for the homos! Most people made this decision on thier moral beliefs, and if people happen to base thier moral beleifs on thier religion, then so be it.

just venting......

As for the choir director comment,  :-X :-X :-X

Yeah I'm not a fan of MB and you know what ... *remembers whose she is*

*Sings*

Imma stay saved
Imma stay saved
Imma stay saved...

:D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up