LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PROP 8  (Read 28143 times)

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

Re: PROP 8
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »
I was listening to the radio today, and this fool Michael Baisden was blaming Black Christians and putting us down for not supporting gay rights. Thats when I remembered why I dont like him. He claimed that those who supported it were imopsing thier beliefs on others , and that we should all just love each other.

I can deal with loving everyone.....but I'm not condoning
that FILTH. The fact that male and male/female and female can't breed should be enough for these people to know that gay marriage doesn't make any logical sense

they can be gay if they want to, but don't allow them to marry like its something normal.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »
I can deal with loving everyone.....but I'm not condoning
that FILTH. The fact that male and male/female and female can't breed should be enough for these people to know that gay marriage doesn't make any logical sense

they can be gay if they want to, but don't allow them to marry like its something normal.

I completley agree. By us not condoning it, we are showing that we love them though Christ, but the problem begins when we become too judgmental, and thats really the only thing they have on us.

Yeah I'm not a fan of MB and you know what ... *remembers whose she is*

*Sings*

Imma stay saved
Imma stay saved
Imma stay saved...

What really got me was when a Christian guy called, he put him o the air, and as soon as the caller mentiond Christianity, MB cut him off and hung up on him. I guess he knew that man was about to speak the truth

:D

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2008, 12:36:52 AM »
What really got me was when a Christian guy called, he put him o the air, and as soon as the caller mentiond Christianity, MB cut him off and hung up on him. I guess he knew that man was about to speak the truth

Yup.  That's one of the many reasons why I stopped listening to his show.  If someone's views are different than his he'll cut them off, crack on them, and hang up.  There were times whwere he would listen to others but they were few.

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:26 AM »
Quick question:

If God is good and evil does that mean he has sin?  If God has sin how was Jesus sinless?

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
  • not everyone can be a music major...
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
God is pure and holy. He is just able to do what we call good and evil.
i'm lost in music and i hope no one ever finds me...

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2008, 11:27:14 AM »
Not to interject race or anything... BUT! Black voters in California overwhelmingly supported Prop 8, but yet there are no reported protests in front of black churches. Why is that??? I'm sure there must be some pretty upset choir directors on the left coast... ;D

God bless

:D :D :D :D

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2008, 11:54:11 AM »
Quick question:

If God is good and evil does that mean he has sin?  If God has sin how was Jesus sinless?

It seems that the ones who are saying tha God is both good and evila are basing that on his judgement on people who disobeyed his word. To that I ask... Is God evil because he brought calamity on evil doers?

Sin is not something that can be created. Its just a word to describe the transgression of divine law. Divine means of God or Godly. So if sin is the transgression of God's law why would God then, turn around and do what is evil by breaking his law? God said that he honors his word above his very name.

I think people associate sin with not being nice. God did some prety rough stuff to law breakers. But is he evil for it? Is the judge of the universe wrong for punishing evil?
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »
God said that he honors his word above his very name.

i quoted the same scripture!!! great minds think alike.  ;D

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »
i quoted the same scripture!!! great minds think alike.  ;D

LOL!!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2008, 01:34:29 PM »
so after eight LONG pages, we have discussed on whether gap ppl should get married, whether homosexuality is genetic, can gay ppl be christian, and whether God can be both good/evil?? interesting....

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2008, 01:39:45 PM »
so after eight LONG pages, we have discussed on whether gap ppl should get married, whether homosexuality is genetic, can gay ppl be christian, and whether God can be both good/evil?? interesting....

*cough*seven*cough*

Offline apostoliczak

• LGM Member
    • Ars Long, Vita Brevis

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:13 PM »
wow. :o :o well i bet you it will soon be to eight!!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2008, 01:55:38 PM »
lol

Offline Zelevo

• LGM Member

« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2008, 02:39:14 PM »
You are right bro

A simple definition of sin is this. Sin is disobedience to God word and his commandmanents (by heart and deed)

That is why the Bible can say thou shall not kill and then God can order the anilation of a whole nation because he say so, and if you disobeyed, you are out !!!

Saul had a similar problem when he was asked to anhialate every  amalekite 1samuel 15 and beacuse he decide to save some oxen for a sacrifice and spare the amalekite king, God just cut him off.

The guy in the bible who tried to save the ark from falling. Boy!! that brother had good intentions but but those intentions God call an irreverent act hence he struck him down  2 samuel 6:5-7

That is why Jesus constantly said I have come to do the will of
the one who sent me John 5:30 , and his will he did  till the end and therefore was without sin.  Compare that to Satan.

If Jesus Says the greatest commandment is Loving God with all you heart, mind and soul Matthew 22:36-40 can we all see how we can be commiting the greatest sin.?

Sometimes we are busy trying to point out other people sins whiles we
are not right with God. Lord have mercy!!!!!!
Repetition deepens Impression

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
It has been said on this board that homosexuals are born with homosexuality and since they're born with it God's not going to "cure" them of it.  They'll just have to learn to suppress the want for the same sex.  Also it has been said that people in other situations who have been born with disablities are pretty much in the same boat.

Just wondering, do you feel that God can deliever a drug addicted baby out of drug addiction?  If not how is it that God can deliever druggie out of addiction, but not at drug addicted baby? 

Disclaimer:  I brought this up because it would seem that a drug addicted baby would be in the same boat according to the aforementioned logic, but the second question is perplexing to me if the answer to the first question is 'no'.

Offline Audiocr381ve

• LGM Member
  • Disgusting Board

« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2008, 04:02:54 PM »
It has been said on this board that homosexuals are born with homosexuality and since they're born with it God's not going to "cure" them of it.  They'll just have to learn to suppress the want for the same sex.  Also it has been said that people in other situations who have been born with disablities are pretty much in the same boat.

Just wondering, do you feel that God can deliever a drug addicted baby out of drug addiction?  If not how is it that God can deliever druggie out of addiction, but not at drug addicted baby? 

Disclaimer:  I brought this up because it would seem that a drug addicted baby would be in the same boat according to the aforementioned logic, but the second question is perplexing to me if the answer to the first question is 'no'.

I never saw a baby with a drug problem.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
I never saw a baby with a drug problem.

Crack Baby?

Offline drummerforgod

• LGM Member

« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2008, 06:15:18 PM »
This is a cool topic!!! (allthough it doesnt really have too much to do with prop 8 anymore :) )

the thing is:
GOD DID NOT CREATE EVIL!!!!

the big problem is that we think that evil is a kind of thing... but it is actually nothing...
The great writer C S Lewis who was a master of apologetics  explains evil by using the oicture of shadow.
Shadow is not a thing really it is more a place or space were some thing is missing.
There is no shadow if there is light!
So the basic thought behind that is that evil can only exist when there is good!
The theologian and also apologian greg koukl explains evil also by using the picture of a donut.
Have youve ever eaten the hole of the donut? Obviously not, because it is nothing. It is the place or space were the donut ends or is missing, so to say....
If there is no evil then there is no good aswell
EVIL IS NOT A THING WHICH HAD TO BE CREATED. Evil is the LACK OF GOODNESS/GODNESS.

ok.... thats it so far....
if youre now asking yourselves why evil can exist when god is all powerful then i can answer it aswell if you wish....

btw:  i dont want to be the teacher in here and talk down to you or be rude the thing is that ive talked about that recently with some friends and studied some stuff on it..... that helped me a lot since i started to think a bit outside the box...
Stay in the Pocket of GOD!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
There is no shadow if there is light!

That makes no sence. Neither does the rest of you post