LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharrey Reed Killing the Bass!!!!!  (Read 5571 times)

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

Re: Sharrey Reed Killing the Bass!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 11:05:06 AM »
The better question is what DI is he using!!!!  I can't say I've heard a fender sound that good by itself.

That is indeed the question!  That mix was insanely good.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 09:04:23 AM »
He said he believes it was an Avalon U5.

With that being said I'm about to start saving up!!!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »
Wow, I guess I better do the same.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 09:30:32 AM »
He said he believes it was an Avalon U5.

With that being said I'm about to start saving up!!!

I got the chance to play through a U5 a few monthes ago and let me just say that those little boxes are amazing.  I had never seen or known about the U5 before then but trust, it's been on my "To Do" list for a minute!

Be Blessed,
-J

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
I've heard that the U5 is THE top notch DI to have.  This definitely backs that up.  If the Lord says the same, we'll have a new building and sound system too, so I'll definitely want a good DI.  Guess I'd better start saving my pennies too.

davidml3

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 10:00:33 PM »
www.myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=43931943

For some reason it won't embedd and play.  But here's the link.  Just copy and paste it and it'll take you straight there.

The chord is at 1:44 for me. Id love to know his fingering because it sounds like he is walking up and down at the same time.

Offline twest45

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »

The chord is at 1:44 for me. Id love to know his fingering because it sounds like he is walking up and down at the same time.

I showed how to do that chord.  But I think I deleted the video.  It's rather easy.  It's a major chord.  I forgot what note.  (Don't have my bass around right now).  I could show you if you like.  I use it so much now because it just sounds so good in certain spots in certain songs.
GO HARD!

Offline ssab

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »
YES plz show it one more time.

davidml3

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 10:49:12 AM »
Yea show that for us please

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 11:09:24 AM »
I showed how to do that chord.  But I think I deleted the video.  It's rather easy.  It's a major chord.  I forgot what note.  (Don't have my bass around right now).  I could show you if you like.  I use it so much now because it just sounds so good in certain spots in certain songs.

Sounds like a 10th chord with the 3rd on top maybe? Ironically my bass is sitting right beside me under my desk at work and I can't pull it out.

Be Blessed,
J

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:33 PM »
it's a slide up to a dominant 7th chord (with the 3rd played as the 10th). Then he does some back and forth between the 10th and the b7 to resolve to the 1.

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 02:25:37 PM »
it's a slide up to a dominant 7th chord (with the 3rd played as the 10th). Then he does some back and forth between the 10th and the b7 to resolve to the 1.

You guys catch all that? jeremyr strikes again...bet ya'll didn't know the "r" stands for raw talent!  ;D

Haha, I'm just messin doc...but on a serious note, your explaination put a new twist on how I look at that chord within the progression.  Essentially it was just a stir fried V7-I played as a chord, arpeggiated, and a dab of hotsauce right?

Be Blessed,
J

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

You guys catch all that? jeremyr strikes again...bet ya'll didn't know the "r" stands for raw talent!  ;D

Haha, I'm just messin doc...but on a serious note, your explaination put a new twist on how I look at that chord within the progression.  Essentially it was just a stir fried V7-I played as a chord, arpeggiated, and a dab of hotsauce right?

Be Blessed,
J

Yes you can look at it like that, as long as how you view your new 1 as the propper stop in your "REAL/PARENT" progression..lol.

The more you think about it, the more you realize you're not really playing in a specific key..lol.  Which is what makes it that much more flexible

davidml3

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 03:14:10 PM »

Sounds like a 10th chord with the 3rd on top maybe? Ironically my bass is sitting right beside me under my desk at work and I can't pull it out.

Be Blessed,
J

I need the fingering. It literally sounds like he is playing in two different directions. The slide up and the walk down at the same time with the resolve at the end of the chord.

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
Yes you can look at it like that, as long as how you view your new 1 as the propper stop in your "REAL/PARENT" progression..lol.

The more you think about it, the more you realize you're not really playing in a specific key..lol.  Which is what makes it that much more flexible

lol, that's deep but it makes sense.  I look forward to the day that I'm thinking and playing stuff like this on the spot lol

Quote from:
I need the fingering. It literally sounds like he is playing in two different directions. The slide up and the walk down at the same time with the resolve at the end of the chord.

It's just your ears playing a trick on you (kind've lol).  I'm going to the studio right after work today so I'll try to post a break down after I get home tonight.

Be Blessed,
J

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »
where in the video ya'll talkin about? im not hearing this. it could just be my cheap computer speakers at work.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »
where in the video ya'll talkin about? im not hearing this. it could just be my cheap computer speakers at work.

lol

Be Blessed,
J

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
Bullitt, your are crazy!!!! That guy did have the stank face. I wonder if the camera man had the stanky leg!!!! ;D
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline twest45

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 10:42:52 PM »
Like Jeremy said, Walk up to the 10th, you should land on that note with your ring fing. Start a whole step down and walk half steps to the 10th.  You should land on the tenth with your ring finger.  While holding the 10th with you ring finger, take you middle finger and play the 4th and walk down to the third which is a half step.  you should land on the 3rd with your pointer finger ( index finger).  Make sure the 10th is still ringing out with the 3rd.  While these are ringing out , take you middle finger again and play the one.  Listen to the video to get the timing right.  I tried to make it simple but sometimes, well for me, it's easier if I actually saw someone do it.
GO HARD!

Offline twest45

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 10:45:22 PM »
I just remember I left something out that I can't really put in words.  The way I explained earlier is not EXACTLY like it is in the video but it'll still sound good.  I'll make a video!  LOL
GO HARD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up