LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey Everyone - Merry Christmas!!  (Read 3402 times)

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

Re: Hey Everyone - Merry Christmas!!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »
YES im number 4...i hope its signed..lol

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »
I kind of did lose my mind ;D...that was an early Christmas present for me for sure

and the winners..
1. SabianKnight
2. James
3. Fred
4. Angel
5. One Leg Greg
6. Lonnie
7. Alberto
8. Nikao
9. Ojay16
10. Erik

In the mail today.
Peace
Frank

Thanks guy, look forward to checkn it out.....
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 12:17:40 PM »
Thank you.
I like your picture man. That is the smartest and best looking first family we have had in quite awhile...mho.
Don't forget to pray for our president. He has a big job ahead of him.

Agreed. Been prayin' fo' them.  ;) 8)

I'm tryin' to get a new picture of my goddaughter to put up again.  :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline ainesis

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
Thanks again Mr. Briggs,just got my copy today and fam this is a must have this dudes playing is so amazing and the musicianship is incredible .

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2008, 07:07:36 PM »
Cool - I hope that it's in the P.O. Box when I get back in town...
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 10:38:43 PM »
Just got mine today as well! From what I've heard on the web site it's crazy! I'm about to pop it in in a sec.
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 10:49:02 PM »
just got home and it was in the mailbox, Thanx Briggs, will check out in the am when I'm re-energized.....lol
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »
Thanks again Mr. Briggs,just got my copy today and fam this is a must have this dudes playing is so amazing and the musicianship is incredible .

I got mine out of the mail box yesterday and yes, It is a MUST HAVE! The sound is incredible!

Frank if you would give us a breakdown on the drum/cymbal setup on the recording and what sound you were going for. For me the thought process is as or more important than the gear.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline frankbriggs

• LGM Member
    • My Web Site

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »
I got mine out of the mail box yesterday and yes, It is a MUST HAVE! The sound is incredible!

Frank if you would give us a breakdown on the drum/cymbal setup on the recording and what sound you were going for. For me the thought process is as or more important than the gear.

Thanks Guys...I am hoping it will be a record you will want to keep around.

SabianKnight

I was going for a sound I liked. I know that sounds overly simple but with my setup here I don't have a million options. My studio is a converted 2 stall garage. Lucky for me they sound really good, I think. I did change cymbal companies while I was doing this and am enjoying Istanbul Agop...they record great.

The Gear

DW drums

18x16 kick full front head, - AKG D112 in Shure Beta 52 out (we used the outside mic mostly in the mix).
10, 12, 14" toms - Shure SM98A .
I had my toms made to my Noble & Cooley specs..no reinforcement hoop. The other drums are stock.
13x5 VLT snare with an AKG c 451 B (top) SM98A (bottom)

single ply Attack heads (coated except for the kick)

I basically tuned the drums up or down depending on the tune and wanted to use the same kit for all the tunes. I don't think i would do that again. Some of the songs would have benefited from a bigger bass drum.

The Cymbals
Istanbul Agop
Sultan ride 22'
Signature crashes 16, 18, 20
15" signature hats

Shure Sm81 Hat
Shure VP88 Stereo Overhead
MXL V67 Ride Mic
Studio Projects C1 (2) Room Mics

Motu 8pre and PreSonus DigiMax
Mac G5 dual 2.0
Digital Performer, Waves etc

My drum sound is good but the magic came from Rich Breen the mix engineer
http://richbreen.com

I am leaving town to spend time with Melonie's family. I may not have internet access.
I will be talking to some of you though.
If you are digging it please spread the word. I can get more into the process of the project when I get back.
All the best
Happy Holidays!
Frank

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 11:37:13 PM »
Thanks for the break down Frank.

For all you aspiring producers and engineers take note on the mic situation etc... and listen to the CD because the sound is amazing.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 08:37:22 AM »
Ay, Frank - I have successfully received the CD (when I got back in town from vacation), and I really appreciate the kind gesture!  I only had an opportunity to listen to the first track, but from what I've heard thus far, it sounds great!

Again, thank you so much!

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 08:57:34 AM »
i got mine too,and im also grateful for the gift,and and u signed it..THANKS ALOT CHIEF!!!

Offline tko05

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 09:54:05 AM »
This CD is very nice! I love it! Especialy track 4!
“If Better Is Possible, Good Is No Longer An Option.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
Frank - I just remembered this:

I spent all my savings recording China Ranch and am having a difficult time recouping. I may never even get 1/2 my money back.

I may never be able to afford to record another album. No one gave me the money to do this record. I worked for it and it took 3 years and a lot of hard work to finish China Ranch and I am poor.

I have spent my life as a musician. Now ...I am looking for a job outside of music.

Here's the FULL DETAILS http://fusion-brasil.blogspot.com/2008/10/frank-briggs-china-ranch.html

I also read the entire dialogue on the link listed within the quote above.  I located the cdbaby.com page which lists your CD for $12.95.  What is your mailing address so that I may send the $12.95 to you?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 12:04:15 AM »
Thanks Franks... I got my copy today. Much appreciated bro  :).

Frank - I just remembered this:

I also read the entire dialogue on the link listed within the quote above.  I located the cdbaby.com page which lists your CD for $12.95.  What is your mailing address so that I may send the $12.95 to you?

Ditto... I'll sent my $12.95 also. I will support the project... 

Offline frankbriggs

• LGM Member
    • My Web Site

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »
Thanks Franks... I got my copy today. Much appreciated bro  :).

Ditto... I'll sent my $12.95 also. I will support the project... 

Thanks guys.. please consider me part of your group here...and please accept my gift. There is no need to send any money for the discs. I do appreciate where your heart is though ..very much. If you want to you can buy a CD and give it to a friend but that isn't necessary. I have a deal with Direct Music Los Angeles on Amazon. You can get personalized autograph copies there.

OK .. regarding my "friend" in Brazil. As you can discern by my post, I was really upset. He is a fan though...right?? That also creates a dilemma..what do I say to a "fan" to help him "get it".

When I spend time and money working on a project whether it be a book, DVD, CD. It isn't much different than any other kind of work...it is my gig. If I owned a restaurant I wouldn't be able to give all my meals away or I would go out of business...fast. I could however comp a meal here and there as I saw fit. It is "my" business afterall.
Guys like my friend in Brazill don't realize (or maybe he does) that what he is doing from my side of the fence feels like "terrorism". No joke..I am helpless against this. A gang has come into my restaurant and are eating my inventory and they are going to burn the building down when they leave...that is what it "feels" like.

Also, It was my decision to give music as gifts this Christmas, some of it was mine some of it was from other artists. One friend I emailed to send him a copy wrote me back and said "No need so and so made a copy for me..Great Stuff!)
From my perspective I was robbed of the joy of giving my work. Anyone getting this?

So in a nutshell. If I owned a restaurant "China Ranch" would be my steak dinner and I wanted my friends to enjoy one on the house this Christmas.

Sorry for all the Metaphors. I have been trying to clarify this to people for quite awhile. I have heard every excuse in the book for justifying downloading copyrighted work without paying (a crime). Most people are strapped these days but if you can't afford a new shirt it doesn't give you justification for stealing one.

So please accept my gift. I know it isn't going to be everybody's thing but I hope that the majority will find some inspiration on there.

Peace
Frank

PS I am in Dallas with Melonie's family. I have access to a PC (i am a mac guy) there is all kinds of child protection on this machine that I had to turn off to post this message. I will be back next week. I sent more than 10 discs out. Anyone who contacted me will get one but I must close the door on the freebies. I think I have one more to mail (you know who you are) and will do it when I am back in LA.
All the best to you all...do great things.
Peace..out.

Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 03:04:15 PM »
I digs, Frank...  I digs...   8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up