LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Financial woes-a blessing?  (Read 230 times)

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

Financial woes-a blessing?
« on: November 24, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »
Recently.a number of churches I know of have been really strapped for cash.Friend of mine mentioned that all of a sudden they were going to be witnesses and evangelist minded(and the CROWD ROARS!!!!! Dr J is jumping for JOY)  Seems like a number of the leaders of denominations are cracking the whip to get local pastors and congregations on the quest for memebers and dollars.anybody else sensing this?I echo what Paul said"some preach CHRIST for this reason,others preach CHRIST for that,as LONG as CHRIST is preached I'm satisfied  !!!!Did it really have to come down to being broke and forclosed to wake us up?

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

Re: Financial woes-a blessing?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
I've heard some ministers word it so that some would give plenty to the church with the hopes of seeing a huge blessing from the Lord in return.  And that's really the wrong way to do it because people will not give from the heart, but only from a desire to receive.  They get into your mind and in some cases guilt you into giving more than you really can.  Then what happens when your lights get cut off because you gave the church your bill money?  It's one thing to be a tight-wad with the Lord and another to give what you are truly able and not be "suckered" into giving more.

Some people did have to be reminded where their blessings came from and others just simply lived well beyond their means via this present financial crisis.  But from a historical aspect, some of us just went to church, danced and shouted, but didn't truly serve the Lord once we went home.  I'm not speaking for me, but it amazes me how some people didn't pray or shout until they needed something from God.  Then once they get it, it's back to business as usual. 

But let us also be aware that shouting/praising and serving the Lord are two totally different things.  Churches are hurting today, and some of them are on "campaigns" for funds.  But let us ask are these churches looking out for the members too or just the church's books?  What happens one the church is in the black again?  What will be done for that faithful member that is on the verge of losing their home because they gave regularly and without fail before they took care of personal business?

Sometimes God puts others in a position not to just be personally blessed, but to help others as a result of those blessings.  Christ shouldn't be preached just for the sake of preaching.  Understand his real message.  Discernment is required to be a recipient of the Word.  The answer to your initial question is really on you.

I hope I made some sense there.  It feels kinda rantish now that I look at it.  I just get very passionate when it comes to doing right by God.         

When you've done your very best, do even better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up