LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YPJ & FVC Christmas Album Review!!!  (Read 2018 times)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

YPJ & FVC Christmas Album Review!!!
« on: December 04, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »
All I can say is Indiana stand up!!!  These cats really put it down on this one.  Its their greatest work IMO.  Very tasteful arrangements.  The mix has gotten way better and the overall balance of the project is on point.  I was able to let the whole album play without skipping tracks.  It just vibes.  Of course the musicians will send you back to the drawing board.  They never let you down.  The writing is very creative and quite funny at times but pure genious!!  Lots of shout outs from different industry cats as well which is pretty cool.  YPJ is a nut yall for real lol!  Mad cool and down to earth but the message is not compromised at all.  This has always been their strongest point IMO.  When this drops, pick it up.  You will not be dissapointed. 

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

Re: YPJ & FVC Christmas Album Review!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:28:33 PM »
Who's playing on it?

i actually dont think i have heard alot of their stuff

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:42:06 PM »
I will get that for sure. Thanks for the review.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »
Brent and Wally are the drummers and you can hear their growth big time!!!  I mean they have always been smashin but now its like they're coming into a higher level of maturity. 

Offline shell06

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »
BassThumpa posted a free download link for this album in the lounge today. Seriously, if you don't got it, there's no excuse for you not to get it now...trust me this is fiyah for sure!!!!

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 09:09:48 PM »
This album is sick. I can identify with the snow song YPJ because we have about 3-4 inches on the ground right now and it's still coming down. ;D

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 02:19:40 AM »
Downloaded this to my cell today, Glad I caught it before it reached the download limit. :)

Man, This is really hot. Never like Christmas albums but this one is great. Most Christmas albums are full of remakes of Traditional Holiday tunes. This however, is different. Love it. Keep 'em coming YPJ.. 8)
Richard

Offline smarkland38

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
All I can say is Indiana stand up!!!  These cats really put it down on this one.  Its their greatest work IMO.  Very tasteful arrangements.  The mix has gotten way better and the overall balance of the project is on point.  I was able to let the whole album play without skipping tracks.  It just vibes.  Of course the musicians will send you back to the drawing board.  They never let you down.  The writing is very creative and quite funny at times but pure genious!!  Lots of shout outs from different industry cats as well which is pretty cool.  YPJ is a nut yall for real lol!  Mad cool and down to earth but the message is not compromised at all.  This has always been their strongest point IMO.  When this drops, pick it up.  You will not be dissapointed. 

Waddup Kev!
 You are right the christmas album it is on point musically and lyrically.
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS ME!!!

www.myspace.com/sidmark

Offline min_amw

• LGM Member
    • Divine Soldiers

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »
I love their musical approach and originality. All of that without compromising the GOSPEL of TRUTH is a great accomplishment. The album is real dope. The mix IS indeed getting better and better! I hope to get to see them live again!
Love God. Live Long.

Offline lockslie1

• LGM Member
  • Skyline!!!
    • PTS MUSIC COMPANY

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 10:25:13 AM »
This album is not only good musically and lyrically with the message but it is also........HILARIOUS!!!!! YPJ man...ya'll are my kinda people man. Serious & Hilarious for Christ. That 4U track towards the end when dude said "Come on Lee" had me and my wife dying laughing and the cut with Triple C's with Cleophis is hilarious too. This album just makes you feel good. Thanks man and God bless.

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 12:21:33 AM »
Album is hottt...I just always hate how the snare sounds in all the albums...too much crack...no body to them...seems like they tweak them up a little too much...just my opinion...and yes i'm a little late to this thread..... :-* :-* :-*
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect
Pages: [1]   Go Up