LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: *rackenfracknmrrrggghhhalakdghhaaahhhh!!!*  (Read 3464 times)

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

*rackenfracknmrrrggghhhalakdghhaaahhhh!!!*
« on: December 16, 2008, 08:53:58 AM »
 >:(

our drummmers son was getting his dads equipment sunday after church...

the snare drum bag was wedged slightly under my guitar stand, which was then holding my 335...

the 6 year old then proceeds to pull straight up on the bag...

the guitar flew straight forward hitting the concrete floor...

chipped headstock

ral;krja;sdl fkl;sdakjfasodfjoijfl;kghas!!!

i know its material, but it was avoidable on both parts, i shoulda put it straight in the case after finished. crap.  :-[ :'( :-\

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: *rackenfracknmrrrggghhhalakdghhaaahhhh!!!*
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
Why was the kid in the the band area? It doesent matter if he's thhe musician's son, he probaly didnt belong there.

Take em to judge judy :D

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »
wow...that's why I tell all the kids to wait until me and the bass player are finished packing before they come back here. 8)

Why was the kid in the the band area? It doesent matter if he's thhe musician's son, he probaly didnt belong there.

Take em to judge judy :D

that'll teach 'em  :D

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:19:39 AM »
Bummer, but thankfully it's only a chipped headstock. That might be easily repaired.
I'd be more upset if you said that the neck/headstock joint was cracked or split.  :o  :(  :'(
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline B3Wannabe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
Sounds like someone is paying to get your guitar fixed, huh?

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
I strictly forbid ANY of the children from coming to the band area.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »
judge judy, lol. "lil bb, do you you have any further witness?"

yeah, it could've been worse, which is why i didnt get too upset. i didnt really think about having any rule since he's pretty much his father's roadie. still, he's a kid, and ive got to treat him as such, KEEP AWAY!

and i wouldn't charge him, i know the family and they're tryin to make ends meet, even though if they weren't i still wouldn't for something like this.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »
judge judy, lol. "lil bb, do you you have any further witness?"

yeah, it could've been worse, which is why i didnt get too upset. i didnt really think about having any rule since he's pretty much his father's roadie. still, he's a kid, and ive got to treat him as such, KEEP AWAY!

and i wouldn't charge him, i know the family and they're tryin to make ends meet, even though if they weren't i still wouldn't for something like this.

Yeah, sometimes we just gotta let battle scars be battle scars and know that there are more important things than having unblemished gear.
'Course that's easier to say once you've experienced your brand new flawless guitar getting dinged up a few times...  ;D

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 03:19:13 PM »
Yeah, sometimes we just gotta let battle scars be battle scars and know that there are more important things than having unblemished gear.
'Course that's easier to say once you've experienced your brand new flawless guitar getting dinged up a few times...  ;D

talk about perspective. sounds so trivial when you say it like that, lol. oh my poor gear is blemmed...aawwww... lol. it did hurt a lil, but you're right.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »
i hate for stuff to get nicked up...but here is what i always ask myself...am i collecting it or playing it?? if it's the latter...then it doesn't bother me as bad..because at the end of the day it's a tool...no matter how pretty i want to keep it, lol.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 07:22:24 PM »
I remember the first big nick on my first really nice guitar.

I had my Tele for about 6 months, maybe, and it was leaning up against the pew (I know... bad on the neck). Its back was outward, and the bass player somehow knocked over his super-tall, hang-it-by-the-headstock bass stand.

I watched it in slow-mo as it dug into the back of my spotless Tele...

I can still pick out that scar, but it's gathered quite a few more in the past 14 years I've owned it.

Bummer about your 335, though.

And, I agree, kids under the age of... I'm gonna say 24... shouldn't be on the pulpit messing around--for any reason.

OK, I guess we can move that down to 12...

Maybe.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
i hate for stuff to get nicked up...but here is what i always ask myself...am i collecting it or playing it?? if it's the latter...then it doesn't bother me as bad..because at the end of the day it's a tool...no matter how pretty i want to keep it, lol.

yeah, one of the other members was concerned cuz i think they saw the split second when my heart broke lol, but i told them it's not so bad cuz im not planning on reselling it anyway, that is where it would really matter.

I remember the first big nick on my first really nice guitar.

I had my Tele for about 6 months, maybe, and it was leaning up against the pew (I know... bad on the neck). Its back was outward, and the bass player somehow knocked over his super-tall, hang-it-by-the-headstock bass stand.

I watched it in slow-mo as it dug into the back of my spotless Tele...

I can still pick out that scar, but it's gathered quite a few more in the past 14 years I've owned it.

Bummer about your 335, though.

And, I agree, kids under the age of... I'm gonna say 24... shouldn't be on the pulpit messing around--for any reason.

OK, I guess we can move that down to 12...

Maybe.

ouch! 14 years? are you like 50 jay? lol. jk. you know sometimes the older folks can be bothersome too... just cuz theyre your age or there elders who've known you, they walk over "Heeey!!" and pick up ur stuff like they can't break it. its all good tho. God is still good!!

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »
I loaned my at-the-time flawless Seagull acoustic to my buddy who used it for recording some songs.
I got it back a week later and it had 2 nice-sized pick scratch marks in the top. He apologized and said that he "may have gotten carried away while strumming..."

That was 7 years ago. I still have the guitar, play it a lot, it sounds the same, don't plan on selling it and probably beat on the thing more now than he ever did since I regularly do the Kaki King/Tommy Emmanuel "play drums on the guitar" thing.  ;D

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »
My wife had her flute sitting on it's stand (yes they make flute stands), when someone knocked it over and stepped on it after service. That buggar cost $2000 bucks! Do you think anyone said anything about it? Nope. It cost almost half of its value to fix, but the emotional and psychological trauma is where you get it. (did that sound like that before?, I don't remember it reacting like that!)
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline Abe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
The following method kept this little kid out of the Tuba section:
http://www.maniacworld.com/evil-tuba-player.html

;D
Abe
8)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
ouch! 14 years? are you like 50 jay? lol.

Naw, lol, I bought her when I was 14. My grandpa is a trucker, and he hauls melons in the summer. From the time I was 13 until I was about 18, I was making $100 a semi-load (which was a day and a half worth of chuckin' melons...).

So, the summer of my 14th and 15th year, I bought a LOT of equipment lol.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 03:56:46 PM »
My wife had her flute sitting on it's stand (yes they make flute stands), when someone knocked it over and stepped on it after service. That buggar cost $2000 bucks! Do you think anyone said anything about it? Nope. It cost almost half of its value to fix, but the emotional and psychological trauma is where you get it. (did that sound like that before?, I don't remember it reacting like that!)

Why the heck do flutes cost that much?
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

They're shiny.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »

They are very complcated to make, and they are made with silver. Some are made with gold w/mother of pearl keys and can run up to $36,000. And just like guitars, you can really tell the difference. The cheap student versions have almost no silver in them. They sound like pipes. The more silver in the makeup, the more expensive and the more resonant the sound. 24K gold sounds the best.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline Detman101

• LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
Ouch.
My condolences...  :'(

I use a guitar stand at church too, but only when I'm sitting down next to my guitar and listening to the preached word. At any other time, It's either on me or in it's case.
Heck, I even wear it when I go up for prayer...lol. (Most of the time it's because I need God's help with my playing hehe.)

Dm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up