LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: *rackenfracknmrrrggghhhalakdghhaaahhhh!!!*  (Read 3450 times)

Offline Detman101

• LGM Member

Re: *rackenfracknmrrrggghhhalakdghhaaahhhh!!!*
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
The following method kept this little kid out of the Tuba section:
http://www.maniacworld.com/evil-tuba-player.html

;D

ROFL!!
That little bugger got what was coming to him.

Dm

Offline melrhyne

• LGM Member
    • The Art Set

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2009, 06:53:33 PM »
>:(

our drummmers son was getting his dads equipment sunday after church...

the snare drum bag was wedged slightly under my guitar stand, which was then holding my 335...

the 6 year old then proceeds to pull straight up on the bag...

the guitar flew straight forward hitting the concrete floor...

chipped headstock

ral;krja;sdl fkl;sdakjfasodfjoijfl;kghas!!!

i know its material, but it was avoidable on both parts, i shoulda put it straight in the case after finished. crap.  :-[ :'( :-\

Man I feel so bad. For you and the 6 year old. He's probably mortified. You know, he doesn't have full control over his body yet.
The child's father should have taken more care, in allowing him to get gear. He should have been there supervising him.
Little man was probably real proud to be around the "musicians".
I hate that your guitar fell. Good instruments are expensive, so again really sorry about that.
But I don't know, if you see little man again soon, let him know that everything is cool. He's probably a scared/ nervous.
God Bless, lilBB!

BTW, if it was a Gibson or Epiphone, they might fix the guitar for free! It's worth giving Gibson a call.

Offline melrhyne

• LGM Member
    • The Art Set

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
They are very complcated to make, and they are made with silver. Some are made with gold w/mother of pearl keys and can run up to $36,000. And just like guitars, you can really tell the difference. The cheap student versions have almost no silver in them. They sound like pipes. The more silver in the makeup, the more expensive and the more resonant the sound. 24K gold sounds the best.

Trackman, my wife is also a flautist, and know that student models can cost $2000, right?
Did the church offer to pay?
Was anything bent?

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2009, 07:39:54 PM »
Trackman, my wife is also a flautist, and know that student models can cost $2000, right?
Was anything bent?

Why should a flute cost that much? It doesn't make sense.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 10:22:03 AM »
Man I feel so bad. For you and the 6 year old. He's probably mortified. You know, he doesn't have full control over his body yet.
The child's father should have taken more care, in allowing him to get gear. He should have been there supervising him.
Little man was probably real proud to be around the "musicians".
I hate that your guitar fell. Good instruments are expensive, so again really sorry about that.
But I don't know, if you see little man again soon, let him know that everything is cool. He's probably a scared/ nervous.
God Bless, lilBB!

BTW, if it was a Gibson or Epiphone, they might fix the guitar for free! It's worth giving Gibson a call.

i didnt make much of a scene about it, so hopefully he's not terrified. personally, i dont think he even cares, lol.

it is a Gibson, and there is a Gibson factory here so maybe i could try takin it up there r somethin.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 11:00:42 AM »
i didnt make much of a scene about it, so hopefully he's not terrified. personally, i dont think he even cares, lol.

it is a Gibson, and there is a Gibson factory here so maybe i could try takin it up there r somethin.

For that reason alone, i would kill him.

...or at least sell his daddy's car.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
Was anything bent?

Yeah, the student models can run up into that range. She bought the intermediate model Yamaha. I don't know the model number. A couple of the keys were bent and had to be straightened. We didn't make any formal arrangements to see if the church would pick up the tab. We just ate the cost ourselves. Now it's either sitting in her lap in service, or it's packed away in its case! I had just bought her a mic that attached to her flute also so that had to sit for the three weeks that it was in repair.

She's very good at what she does though. I'll see if I can sneak a clip of her playing onto the site for you to hear.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline malthumb

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise Is What I Do
    • Your Car Does What?!?!?

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 01:00:21 PM »
To quote a recent president

[Arkansas drawl] Ah feel yore pain [/Arkansas drawl]

Depending on which of my basses it was, I'd have a hard time "maintaining the Christian spirit".  I have a couple Alembics that are worth more than some used cars.

I have a challenge EVERY Thursday night.  One of our singers has a 2-yr old who EVERY rehearsal makes a bee-line for the drums.  She doesn't check him.  Her mother doesn't check him.  The drummer is scared to check him.  It's all very pleasant.

Once when somebody did block his path to the drums, he did an end-around and ran past my setup and tripped on my instrument cable, pulling my Markbass amp off the top of the speaker cabinet and down to the floor.  Luckily, the cable took the brunt of the impact and sacrificed itself to protect my amp.  On one hand I was irritated that mom didn't acknowledge that lil man had actually caused damage, let alone offer to reimburse me.  On the other hand, it was a Monster cable, so I took it to GC and the replaced it for me, no charge.

Peace,

James
FAITH unites people
RELIGION divides FAITH

Offline melrhyne

• LGM Member
    • The Art Set

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 09:11:12 PM »
Yeah, the student models can run up into that range. She bought the intermediate model Yamaha. I don't know the model number. A couple of the keys were bent and had to be straightened. We didn't make any formal arrangements to see if the church would pick up the tab. We just ate the cost ourselves. Now it's either sitting in her lap in service, or it's packed away in its case! I had just bought her a mic that attached to her flute also so that had to sit for the three weeks that it was in repair.

She's very good at what she does though. I'll see if I can sneak a clip of her playing onto the site for you to hear.

A clip would be nice!
She probably had three weeks worth of playing, trapped inside.
You hadn't heard that much flute playing in forever ;D
With the new mike too...

Offline melrhyne

• LGM Member
    • The Art Set

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 09:18:20 PM »

Love me some Gibsons!

Ever see Spanky's guitar? I think it's a L-5, Super 400, or a Johnny Smith

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up