LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Shed....January 30th  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

Weekend Shed....January 30th
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »
Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!!!!!!!

It has been a minute from the shed but we're back......

I want to give a special prayer out to all of you Sunday Shedders for Christ...We have just about gone through the first month of the new year already....Wow!!

With 1st Sunday coming up I know some of you will be busy as I will. I pray that you are anointed with the Holy Spirit and that you will play a pleasing sound unto God....Stay focused and don't let anyone steal your Joy! God gave you a gift to bless others with.....

Message for the week: "God's strenth is bess seen in our weakness".

Have a blessed week.....

Que..
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

Re: Weekend Shed....January 30th
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 07:58:48 AM »
Much love to you, Que, for bringing back the Weekend Shed thread! :D

My group played an event Friday night. We were in the middle of our first song and the power went out in the sanctuary! :o

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 12:11:34 AM »
Ouch! I know you worked through it! Satan trying his best to stop God's program. We had a great workshop this week and will be performing "Mighty Long Way" tomorrow. 1st Sunday is always busy but alot of fun sinc the Mass Choir will be in full effect.

Floaded, where you east coast??????

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 12:21:44 AM »
im here. 1st sunday so i'll be ushering until the choir sings, but since we didnt have rehearsal (cancelled amidst forecasts of a severe storm that actually fizzled out by evening) i have no idea what we'll be singing.

i have been getting more out of my audere pre-amp since i been forcing myself to push my current bass to the max potential after playing that MTD. lol. I had thought the treble on it wasnt working and was gonna send it back till i realized that 1. the amp settings play a part on how much your treble works 2. its hard to hear a difference in the treble when the high mid is cut all the way (which i was initially doing) and 3. since my other bass is only a 3-band i was failing to realize that the spectrum of each control is different when you have a 4-band of Bass, Low Mid, High-Mid, and Treble than when u have a 3-band of just Bass, Mid, and Treble.
Getting many more sounds out of my Schecter now.

Monday I got a rehearsal with the jurisdictional choir. I dont think i'll be as intimidated as i was before, simply because God has been dealing with me and not so much because of my playing. I should be fine.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 06:45:45 PM »
Ouch! I know you worked through it!

Yes, once power was restored we ended up doing one song instead of two, but that's OK because our drummer told us that after this engagement he was leaving the group and you could tell he really didn't want to be there. Please be prayerful for us as try to fill a huge gap in musicianship, songwriting, and overall spirituality. We are prayerful for him because he is going through something.

And to continue a weekend of mishaps, I got to church today only to realize I left my head at home. Thankfully I live ten minutes from my church! :D

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 07:51:10 PM »
And to continue a weekend of mishaps, I got to church today only to realize I left my head at home. Thankfully I live ten minutes from my church! :D

Ironically as a kid u probably always heard the saying "you'd forget your head if it wasnt attached to your body". lol.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
Ironically as a kid u probably always heard the saying "you'd forget your head if it wasnt attached to your body". lol.

I definitely thought it as I was driving back home. ;D

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »
We had a great service yesterday with the Mass Choir....this week will be busy again as we are having our Youth Choir workshop weds, thurs & friday....My goal for 2009 is to be much more agressive in my playing which starts with my practices. The group I play with is getting invited to all sorts of engagements since we have put out our first CD. We have even been asked to play at some jazz functions...LOL!! Keep the group GRACE in your prayers. We need it.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 12:17:26 AM »
We had a great service yesterday with the Mass Choir....this week will be busy again as we are having our Youth Choir workshop weds, thurs & friday....My goal for 2009 is to be much more agressive in my playing which starts with my practices. The group I play with is getting invited to all sorts of engagements since we have put out our first CD. We have even been asked to play at some jazz functions...LOL!! Keep the group GRACE in your prayers. We need it.

Will do, Que. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up