LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need new material to practice!  (Read 2603 times)

Offline roc-da-snare

• LGM Member
    • http://

I need new material to practice!
« on: December 02, 2004, 09:03:49 AM »
:?: I play the drums by ear, and iam
tired of the same traditional praise tune
I need some advice on new material!

"Always look to God, because he is were our help comes from" GOD BLESS!

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:13:55 PM »
I also play by ear. I have been playing for about 5 years and I was in the same spot as you at one point. I was feeling stuck...like there wasnt anything else for me to play! I call it drummers block! Try taking a tom off of your set and take a couple cymbals away. This will make you figure out ways to do fills. You can also get some cd's to play along to. I don't know what kind of music you are into. I suggest Kirk Franklin. He has some really good songs to play along to with different beats and they aren't easy! You could also try Skillet, 12 stones, Switchfoot, and kutless (these are all christian bands). Theres also a praise and worship team at a church called Lakewood. They have many cd's. One that I really like is "LAKEWOOD LIVE". It has tons of great songs to play. If this doesn't work get some lessons! I use these things and it has helped me become a pretty good drummer. Good luck and god bless!
-Heather

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 12:49:43 PM »
ok im sorry to tell you this but all those cds are only hard and complex if you one cant play with a click or two cant keep it in the pocket. what you really need is some

isreal houghton
 fred hammond
 tonex(out the box)
 john p. kee (rain on us with calvin on the kit)

that should keep you busy for a very long while contact me after you're done with that and i'll help you find yourself at a new level.

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 01:56:02 PM »
I thought the point was to find more COMPLEX stuff for him to play? Isn't that what he wanted? something he has to work at...
Pages: [1]   Go Up