LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When shipping your kit......  (Read 563 times)

Offline Hotsticks1

• LGM Member
  • Welcome to my world...
    • Myspace

When shipping your kit......
« on: January 06, 2009, 07:51:58 AM »
I got a coupla questions for ya'll good brothas and sistas that know a thang or two bout shippin...

1. Is it cheaper to stack the shells inside of one another and put it into one big box or box the shells individually?

2. What company is cheaper...UPS, Fedex, or US Mail?

If anyone needs to know I'm going from New York to Alabama...'Preciate your help
"If thine enemy wrong thee...Buy each of his children a drum"

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: When shipping your kit......
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:15 AM »
I shipped a 7 piece set from Wisconsin to North Carolina.  Go with Ups.  Stack the shells inside one another and add packaging between them to keep them from touching or scraping.  Its should take like 2 to 3 days to get there and its not expensive at all.  Plus the staff at Ups are always glad to help and suggest the best way to package and ship.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 09:08:23 AM »
Good response!
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline spencerpeterson

• LGM Member
    • myspace.com/spencerpeterson

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:02:11 PM »
i went to ship a 5pc kit w/ woofer to vegas and got an outrageous quote from UPS. granted they had to "build" the boxes, but i found out the majority of the price is in packing materials.

whenever i receive drums, i always find they are stacked inside one another. the rims and any loose mounting hardware is usually wrapped in saran wrap, then shipping paper. t-rods, washers, etc. are all in small ziplock bags.. then a TON of packing peanuts and newspaper.

if you can cover the materials and packing labor yourself, the actual shipping charge is pretty fair. DHL, from my experience, is a good service too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up