LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What size Sticks??  (Read 9899 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

What size Sticks??
« on: November 26, 2004, 08:47:24 PM »
What size Sticks do you use??? :)
:)

Offline COGIC4EVA

• LGM Member
    • http://

What size Sticks??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 01:02:16 AM »
7a millenium2 with the plastic white tips are the best

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

I ....
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 09:46:34 AM »
I went over to the drum set at my church, and our drummer was using 2B.  :)  So THIER SistaDrummer.  :D
:)

Offline Sistadrumma

• LGM Member

Re: I ....
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 12:20:05 PM »
Quote from: 4hisglory
I went over to the drum set at my church, and our drummer was using 2B.  :)  So THIER SistaDrummer.  :D

GOOD FOR YOU!!! LOL

Offline Carolina001

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 05:07:28 PM »
7A Zildjian Dip

Offline lawst1forlyfe

• LGM Member

size sticks
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 02:56:33 AM »
7AN w/ plastic tips or 7A, depending on what I'm playing.

HammerRock

What size Sticks??
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 08:13:36 PM »
7A. I use wood tips the most, but I also use 'rods'. They're like a drum stick with a lot of little sticks in it.

I got a good deal on 'Millenium II Pro Mark' sticks. They're the same size as 7A but they have 'Jazz New Generation' on them. They're also made of oak, which is harder, so they have a different sound then regular hickory sticks.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

What size Sticks??
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 11:40:51 AM »
I used to use 7A sticks until I broke too many of them.  Then I switched to 5A and I just love these sticks.  They not too big, and not too little, they just right.  As far as brand, Zildjin is the best, but Vic Firth will do sometimes.  I think Pro-Mark is garbage (just my opinion, don't be hatin).
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Icecold24k

• LGM Member

Sticks
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:18:33 AM »
I would like to say that Regal Tip 8a and Vater Manhattan 7a and vic firth peter erkskine signature model are my favorites .

Offline kuyajc

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 05:43:45 PM »
i used to use 7a and 5a for the louder stuff. but that's without any mics or plexiglass. but now i'm forced to use 2B cause the church i'm playing for now is very large and i'm behind some glass and a few mics on the snare kick and the right next to the ride i'm not complaining but it takes a lot out of you when you don't have a booth with mics on everything.

Offline ChicagoFlava

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 02:43:44 PM »
Dear it depends on what your playing level is now which makes the difference on what type of stick. Are you begining, been playing a while?  First if you have been playing  longer than a few months you shoud be playing with a stick with a little wieght but  but not too light. 7A is a very light stick, too light in my opinion, and you will only be wasting energy  playing harder with such a light stick. There is no correct or incorrect stick size, its about whats comfortable for you. Differrent sticks will suffice different styles and times, a 7A maybe handy for playing a light ballad or slow song thats not too loud etc....  but you want a stick with some wieght on it that will carry when you are grooving or playing a song that is kind of loud. Go to a music store and try out several  stick sizes and find one that is comfortable for you and if you have the money at the time buy more than one pair thats different sizes  and start a stick collection. I would look starting  in the range of a 5A and go up from there.  /then theres specialty sticks thats not really a size but fits a certain type of playing style for axample Vic Firth makes several jazz style sticks for jazz players, these might work for you quite well too. Just experement and see what works for you. Good luck to you dear i hope this helps. As far as brand i would go with Vic Firth  they're  a little higher in price  than some others but by far are the best but Zildjians are good and of course  the stick staple for years ProMark.

Offline dwdrummer

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 09:50:19 AM »
7A,5A,2B Keep yourselves versatile!!!!!

Offline sonorJ

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 05:25:02 AM »
I'll use vic virth in concerts, and promark 707 on Sunday mornings!
 :roll:

Offline Rocker

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 11:19:56 AM »
I use Promark and Zildjian size 7A sticks.

Offline D-Nice

• LGM Member

i'm a vic firth kid too...
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 11:30:17 AM »
i hit with the Vic Firth SPE original Peter Erskine series..and sometimes w/ SD4 combo...i love these sticks...i wanna try those Vater sticks... i like my sticks light in weight...and relaxed in the grip...i may try and practice with larger sticks to see what kinda results i get.

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

sstix
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 09:19:08 PM »
i personally try to always use pro-marks. they are amazing!!!! i use the 5b and 2b models but i can play with any of their models. they all feel great.

its all good and its all GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777

Offline praisedlight

• LGM Member

COGIC STYLE
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 12:13:27 AM »
DEPENDS ON THE SONG OFR ME BUT MOSTLY 5A wood tip, 5B nylon tip theres a difference trust me!!!!!! and 7A wood tip

Offline drmmrfolife

• LGM Member

What size Sticks??
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »
Vater 8A and Recording

Zilpex

What size Sticks??
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2005, 01:02:41 PM »
Vater 8A
I tried going bargain brand from guitar center funk which is the vater 8A. Never again those things suck. Some sticks were really gummy feeling and were not straight. The tips were not the correct density. never again!!!
i guess you get what you pay for.

Offline all_pocket

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Sticks
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 07:46:15 AM »
I tried the Guitar Center Funks too and I didn't like them either.  They were still too light for me.  Now, I do use the GC 5B's and some 5A's but u have to make sure they are straight and balanced in weight.  Every now and then I do "splurge" and grab some Vic's and there is a difference but, alot of times i just grab the GC 5B's cuz I need some sticks.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up