LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hadrien Feraud  (Read 8676 times)

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Hadrien Feraud
« on: January 20, 2009, 08:55:53 AM »
Ya'll better Google! ;)
Im too tall to act small.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

Re: Hadrien Feraud
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
oh yessir!!!! me myself and im sure most guys on here that are avid youtubers know Hadrien Feraud...he is definitely a talented bassist!!!! like Jaco but with a modern flow. and if you havent heard his album, definitely check it out....beastin'!!!!!!

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 04:49:05 PM »
oh yessir!!!! me myself and im sure most guys on here that are avid youtubers know Hadrien Feraud...he is definitely a talented bassist!!!! like Jaco but with a modern flow. and if you havent heard his album, definitely check it out....beastin'!!!!!!
I got it fam. I have been listening to it for a little over a month now. Killer ideas and arrangements.  I was hoping ya'll knew about him. I put his name in the search box and nothing came up, thats why I started the thread. Dude is a ridiculous player and very down to earth. I love the album.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »
yea he's definitely out of this world.....maybe one day ill get to seem him live.....

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:04:43 PM »
I might be the oddball out here, but I really can't get into him at all.  As of late I don't really want to hear solos.  I want to hear someone filling the pocked up doing a supporting role. I know I just set bass players back like 30 years..lol, but I can't help it.  Nothing like someone seriously holding down the groove.
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:36 PM »
I might be the oddball out here, but I really can't get into him at all.  As of late I don't really want to hear solos.  I want to hear someone filling the pocked up doing a supporting role. I know I just set bass players back like 30 years..lol, but I can't help it.  Nothing like someone seriously holding down the groove.

jeremyr, i feel you doc. aint nothing like a serious groove!!!! ive transformed into more of a groove player lately. but Hadrien Feraud composition and stucture of his solos... very interesting to listen to....

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

u not the oddball. that was the shortest time i ever spent on youtube. even the video with him and nathan east playing on the same bass at the same time lost interest after the first 10 seconds or so. Not a fan, but then again, i wasnt really too thrilled about Jaco either.

I think of it this way: Kobe can whip me on the b-ball court in a 1-on-1, but i still dot have to like his game.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
True.... everyone has different tastes and views on music. i study him for his technique, not so much licks. he seems to have a soft touch and clean sound......

Offline chrismc101

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 06:10:35 AM »
I agree, I am more of the BASSic. I like to lay back, and paint a picture for the background and keeping the pocket phat & tight.
CeeMc
"bassN4eva"

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:39 AM »
I can understand how ya?ll feel. As a board player I can appreciate a Bass player keeping a solid foundation. There is nothing worse than a Bass Player hot dogging because there is a time and place for everything. When that time comes, I can appreciate a cat that can tastefully balance both techniques; Grooving and soloing.  Personally I love Jimmy Haslip.  I can?t do Chick, Art, Oscar or them cats during a Sunday morning service, (I cant do them at all. lol) but I love the challenge, and the paradigm changes that?s why I listen to them or the likes.  I like Hadrien?s approached his arrangements are very interesting and dude is only like 24 or 25. Check his album out. ;)

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »
Less is more. :)

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »
Less is more. :)
Depends on the situation.  ;)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:41:05 AM »
I have a feeling that some of you don't know the definition of pocket.  Being in the pocket is about playing what's necessary for the music.  Your groove will depend on the genre.  An experimental jazz groove will feel a lot different than a R&B groove.  I have heard Hadrian with Chick Corea and trust me, he is solid gold.  I've heard him in person, holding down very simple grooves and complimenting the music.  I think you guys are really saying you can't play that style of music so it doesn't interest you lol.  Get out of your comfort zones and become well rounded across genres. 

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »
I have a feeling that some of you don't know the definition of pocket.  Being in the pocket is about playing what's necessary for the music.  Your groove will depend on the genre.  An experimental jazz groove will feel a lot different than a R&B groove.  I have heard Hadrian with Chick Corea and trust me, he is solid gold.  I've heard him in person, holding down very simple grooves and complimenting the music.  I think you guys are really saying you can't play that style of music so it doesn't interest you lol.  Get out of your comfort zones and become well rounded across genres. 

I think you're over examining our statements and taking them out of context pretty bad.

I can't speak for anyone else, however I can play his "style of music" and simply what he does doesn't strike me as anything worth listening to.  period.  His phrasing just doesn't do it for me at all.  This isn't about a comfort zone, it's about not feeling what the guy has to offer.  There's nothing wrong with that at all.  How I feel doesn't make him not a great player.  He's obviously captured the worlds eye doing something,  I just could care less about it.  Jimmy Hasslip is someone that has phrasing that works for me.  He works in all types of settings.  Wether it be solos or holding down the groove.  He's ALWAYS solid.

I've looked at about 7-9 videos of Hadrien and they're all solo'esque performances.  With that being said while his technique might be great I don't feel anything in his solos nor the "groove" that he's trying to emulate.  His phrasing isn't musical to me at all.  I say the same thing about "bubby" that plays that 7 string mtd and plays for snoop.  Everytime I see those fingers movings super fast I say "good technique, but the phrasing just isn't cutting it".  Now obviously he can hold a groove or else he wouldn't be with snoop.

If you can show me a video of him with Chick holding it down more than likely I will dig it if he's solid, but i definitely haven't seen that yet, or else I'd have a different reply.

Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »
come on people face reality. everybody isnt going to be unanimous in how they feel about your playing, your boy playing, or the next person. thats with anything in life. if someone dont like it, they have the right to that opinion just as you have the right to yours.

i get tired of when people big up someone and someone expresses their opinion that they dont care for whatever it is you are presenting, they "must be close minded or stuck in a comfort zone or whatever". Unless  you like everything that everyone does, what about the things YOU dont care for? I guess when its you with the dissenting opinion, all that stuff dont apply, huh?

And the sad thing is probably if i met this dude in person and said "you can play but i dont care for your style of playing" in a respectful manner as i did here, he'd probably say ok and go on about his business, while other people that probably dont even know him personally going mad hard for him. And you know what, being out there Im sure he's gotten that feedback plenty of times. Everybody does.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 11:40:29 AM »
Look everybody. I was only trying to big up the dude because I think he's nice, period. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and thats cool. True everyone is not going to agree. We all have preferences. If Hadrien is not that dude for you then so be it. I really didnt mean for this thread to change tempatures like this.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 11:47:54 AM »
Look everybody. I was only trying to big up the dude because I think he's nice, period. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and thats cool. True everyone is not going to agree. We all have preferences. If Hadrien is not that dude for you then so be it. I really didnt mean for this thread to change tempatures like this.

dude, it wasnt you that changed the temp. we checked him out as a result of the post. he probably gained many new fans because of the post, but we all should be able to respectfully express our feelings/opinions especially as brothers in christ. The regular posters know this well (me and jeremy have had our fair share of differing opinions...as we all do). I hope this doesnt discourage you to continue to post in other threads as well as start new ones in the future.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 01:05:21 PM »
You know what?  You have a right to voice your opinion but I feel like you should have some meat and potatoes behind it.  What is it about his phrasing dont you like?  I think its important to elaborate on your negative opinion when you speak on such a high level of musicianship.  Soooo...explain what you would do differently and why. 

Offline Quebass86

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

I feel ya on this one.....pocket and groove, groove and pocket....that is my preference.
May God's Grace & Mercy smile upon you!

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 02:18:49 PM »
dude, it wasnt you that changed the temp. we checked him out as a result of the post. he probably gained many new fans because of the post, but we all should be able to respectfully express our feelings/opinions especially as brothers in christ. The regular posters know this well (me and jeremy have had our fair share of differing opinions...as we all do). I hope this doesnt discourage you to continue to post in other threads as well as start new ones in the future.
Fam im straight.  8) If I hear something that I think may interest somebody, I put it out there no matter what the insrument is.

You know what?  You have a right to voice your opinion but I feel like you should have some meat and potatoes behind it.  What is it about his phrasing dont you like?  I think its important to elaborate on your negative opinion when you speak on such a high level of musicianship.  Soooo...explain what you would do differently and why. 

This is a good question though.   :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up