LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hadrien Feraud  (Read 8684 times)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: Hadrien Feraud
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 10:08:16 PM »
i dont get why everyone that likes him is fine saying generic comments, but ones that dont particularly favor his or anyone else's playing have to give a thesis on exactly what it is they dont like and why and give an analysis of what they would do differently. How is saying "i like his phrasing" acceptable, but saying "i dont like his phrasing" has to come with an explanation. Why not explain what you like about it and why? Once the people who favor him do that (not the basic generic statements, but a detailed explanation), then I may oblige with my own answer to the question. Until then, i dont deem it necessary.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 10:41:24 PM »
You know what?  You have a right to voice your opinion but I feel like you should have some meat and potatoes behind it.  What is it about his phrasing dont you like?  I think its important to elaborate on your negative opinion when you speak on such a high level of musicianship.  Soooo...explain what you would do differently and why. 

Just let it go man, you yourself was, wondering why some guy won guitar center drum off. Sounds like you had a problem with him wining maybe he did not play to your liking. What I am saying is you always have something to say about something. Maybe the guy won the drum off because the judges seen something they like. Maybe you did not see that, be careful with you say and do, because your always getting on someone, and you need to check yourself.

Every body have different taste in music, and what their saying is they dont like his solo, that does not mean they could not play his type of music. I all ways hear you say what you dont like but I dont always see you tell us word for word way. So start listening to what your saying, and what your telling other people. Soon it will come back and hit you in the head.
Tbass

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 04:38:45 AM »
i dont get why everyone that likes him is fine saying generic comments, but ones that dont particularly favor his or anyone else's playing have to give a thesis on exactly what it is they dont like and why and give an analysis of what they would do differently. How is saying "i like his phrasing" acceptable, but saying "i dont like his phrasing" has to come with an explanation. Why not explain what you like about it and why? Once the people who favor him do that (not the basic generic statements, but a detailed explanation), then I may oblige with my own answer to the question. Until then, i dont deem it necessary.
Dude cool out. The question was not directed at  "ones that dont particularly favor his style of playing."  It was addressed to the person who spoke on a high level of musicianship,   not you.  The first word in the title of this website is "Learn." 

Just let it go man, you yourself was, wondering why some guy won guitar center drum off. Sounds like you had a problem with him wining maybe he did not play to your liking. What I am saying is you always have something to say about something. Maybe the guy won the drum off because the judges seen something they like. Maybe you did not see that, be careful with you say and do, because your always getting on someone, and you need to check yourself.

Every body have different taste in music, and what their saying is they dont like his solo, that does not mean they could not play his type of music. I all ways hear you say what you dont like but I dont always see you tell us word for word way. So start listening to what your saying, and what your telling other people. Soon it will come back and hit you in the head.

Dude wrong thread.  This thread is not about the GCDO.   You should have addressed this in the Drum Room

Im too tall to act small.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 08:58:41 AM »
Dude cool out. The question was not directed at  "ones that dont particularly favor his style of playing."  It was addressed to the person who spoke on a high level of musicianship,   not you.

im good. i'll leave it alone. didnt mean to offend.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 03:56:40 PM »
Dude wrong thread.  This thread is not about the GCDO.   You should have addressed this in the Drum Room

He was just giving and anology pertaining to the situation that "Dude-on-drums" can relate to. 

What is it about his phrasing dont you like?

I shouldn't,but I'll bite. There isnt' a barebones answer about "phrasing" as it encompases ALOT if different facets of playing.  Some being Timing,spacing of notes, note choice, rhythm, dynamics.  Do you REALLY want me to write a 5 page essay on why I don't like his playing?!?!  If you do well that's quite to bad because I don't have the time nor do I care to write that in depth on a player I don't care for.

I think its important to elaborate on your negative opinion when you speak on such a high level of musicianship. 

My opinion isn't negative, it's just what it is.  My opinion.  Just like I don't like french onion soup, but alot of other people do.  It's all personal preference.  You can't give constructive criticism to a person that isn't there.....

I feel like you're really just trying to stir up some mess to be quite honest. 

The bottom line is that some people like him, some people don't.  I actually went and looked at the videos to check out his technique even though I don't care for his playing.  Just because I don't like what he puts out doesn't mean I can't learn from it.

Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »
LOL!  Im done with the bass room!  In here, you got sheep barking at wolves  :D  Carry on you guys, carry on! 

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
LOL!  Im done with the bass room!  In here, you got sheep barking at wolves  :D  Carry on you guys, carry on! 

lol....it's not like that man. Nothing has been taken personal and you're more than welcome.  I just feel like there's always a bias when it comes to someone not liking something (no matter what it is..doesn't have to be musicians or instruments).

You have to understand to go into detail about what I don't like about hadriens playing juts wouldn't be worth it here.  Now If he and I were talking and he asked me what I didn't like I'd tell him in a constructive way.

I just like to see a fair playing ground.

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
3rd day what I said was not for the drum section it was for dude on the drum. He knows what I was talking about, nothing taking personal, thats way you did not understand, so the statement I made was for here not the drum section. No one should take whats sayed on here personal it's just apart of chating, about likes and dislikes nothing wrong with that. Have A Bless Day!
Tbass

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 01:09:07 PM »
3rd day what I said was not for the drum section it was for dude on the drum. He knows what I was talking about, nothing taking personal, thats way you did not understand, so the statement I made was for here not the drum section. No one should take whats sayed on here personal it's just apart of chating, about likes and dislikes nothing wrong with that. Have A Bless Day!

Naw man youre missing it.  First of all I have no idea who you are or what youre talking about.  Whatever you had to say shouldve been said at that time.  Now as I go back to not knowing who you are, I strongly encourage you to contribute more to the board and stop throwing rocks at the throne, Mr. 76 posts.   :D

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »
*Checks the name on the door*

Oh, okay.  My bad.  ;)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 01:39:14 PM »
*Checks the name on the door*

Oh, okay.  My bad.  ;)

;D

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »
yall are a mess..lol

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »
No dude-on-the-drums I know what I am talking about. Like you said you do not remember, and what I said was for this time. A few more things, one you dont need to know me, and I dont care what you think about me. Who cares how many times I post, Now I feel like your getting personal. You think your Mr hot shot, but your just another drummer lost in the mix. So please keep your mouth close, because personally Im sick of hearing what you got to say.  :D
Tbass

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
ok fellas.  Let's settle down here.

I have a feeling there is some miscommunication of emotions in these posts.  I would like to apologize if I had anything to do with this escalating.

No one is take personal shots, nor should be take it personal so lets let it go.

If you need to still talk it out feel free to use PM's.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »
ok fellas.  Let's settle down here.

I have a feeling there is some miscommunication of emotions in these posts.  I would like to apologize if I had anything to do with this escalating.

No one is take personal shots, nor should be take it personal so lets let it go.

Thanks moderator. I definitely don't want to read about personal attacks, I want to read about personal encouragements. ;D
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »

I was just about to make that suggestion. Good post, Jeremy.

Offline timbass2882

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »
Dude-on-drums,let me start off by saying I am sorry for what I sayed. I just got carryed away, my nerves was hit I did not mean no harm. Also LGM please forgive me for the way I came off. Thats all I can say on my behave,next time I will think about what I say, because It was eating away at me, after posting what I post.
Tbass

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 09:17:10 AM »
Dude-on-drums,let me start off by saying I am sorry for what I sayed. I just got carryed away, my nerves was hit I did not mean no harm. Also LGM please forgive me for the way I came off. Thats all I can say on my behave,next time I will think about what I say, because It was eating away at me, after posting what I post.

We need more people like you to man up!!! I'm going to follow your lead and apologize if I came off as rash or rude. 

Let's continue to keep the bass forum uplifted ladies and gents.  We can only go up from here because going down isn't an option.

Offline jacogroove

• LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 05:47:58 PM »
I 'm going to tell my little story about him.
I used to share the same stage with with in 2008. I played just before him.
I know I can play (both fingerstyle and funk) and really fast too. but I decided to be in the song ;
When he was playing there was always stuff that was useless.
I told him that he is a killer but to me "africa" is missing in his playing (both my parents come from Algeria in africa).He told me to listen to some african music he did with an african dude.
but it was the same to me.
In paris, a lot of guys can play like that.
But, I got to say that Hadrien is a great player, no doubt about it, but to me, it reminds me of the neo classical  movement in the 80s.
At first, you listen to it and you tell yourself "****!!!!!"
the second time it's less impressing but still amazing.
the 3rd time, you don't even notice.
I don't want to diss him, but I can always appreciate james jamerson listening to his basslines, same with andrew Gouche (to have an example closer to us)
but all these solos (even though I recognize they are great) are in the end all the same.
I can really sing these.
George Benson can play some amazing fast stuff and I can remenber the lines.
Oteil does the same thing with the bass.
The only thing that I notice is how fast and clear he can play.

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 01:59:36 PM »
I 'm going to tell my little story about him.
I used to share the same stage with with in 2008. I played just before him.
I know I can play (both fingerstyle and funk) and really fast too. but I decided to be in the song ;
When he was playing there was always stuff that was useless.
I told him that he is a killer but to me "africa" is missing in his playing (both my parents come from Algeria in africa).He told me to listen to some african music he did with an african dude.
but it was the same to me.
In paris, a lot of guys can play like that.
But, I got to say that Hadrien is a great player, no doubt about it, but to me, it reminds me of the neo classical  movement in the 80s.
At first, you listen to it and you tell yourself "****!!!!!"
the second time it's less impressing but still amazing.
the 3rd time, you don't even notice.
I don't want to diss him, but I can always appreciate james jamerson listening to his basslines, same with andrew Gouche (to have an example closer to us)
but all these solos (even though I recognize they are great) are in the end all the same.
I can really sing these.
George Benson can play some amazing fast stuff and I can remenber the lines.
Oteil does the same thing with the bass.
The only thing that I notice is how fast and clear he can play.

I wasnt going to even reply in this thread anymore. Thank you for telling your story; very interesting. So you say there a lot of guys that can play like that?  One thing that you said stuck out to me can you please elaborate on it a little you said "I told him that he is a killer but to me "africa" is missing in his playing"  Can you explain this to me? I want to be sure that I understand exactly what you are saying. You can respond via PM if you'd like.

Im pretty much done with this thread.

The room is spinning...... ;D
Im too tall to act small.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up