LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Musician Appreciation  (Read 18606 times)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Musician Appreciation
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:28:12 PM »
I prefer my "appreciation check" as opposed to a service.lol ;D

:D :D :D :D
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline mbamoody

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »
I almost thought no one else would reply to this thread. If everyone would please read the original post before commenting you would understand what I'm trying to say, and please just answer the questions stated. I'm asking questions to those who have had appreciations...may be having one in the future for ideas and suggestions..... Maybe in YOUR church music or musicians may not be as an important ministry....maybe you don?t work as hard.....maybe you're not at a level to where you should be having an appreciation.

In my church every auxiliary has an annual day where they are honored with appreciation for the day for their contributions throughout the year. (Maybe not in your church)........so why not the music ministry? If an usher/nurse/deacon...even minister didn?t show up for morning service/afternoon service...outing it would almost go unnoticed, but let a musician not be there...you'd know it. I always think musicians are overworked and unappreciated by others who are not musicians...let?s not lower ourselves our craft and talent.....Look at the views on this thread 350 or so the last time I checked....people are interested in a "musician appreciation"...think about it This has nothing to doing with being put on a pedestal...it?s not uncommon with playing for a large sized church in Chicago (maybe in your church it is). If you paycheck is enough then you ARE playing for money. I?m really just looking for suggestions and ideas from other musicians who have had an appreciation. (that?s all)

Thanks

I'm not interested in a musician's appreciation, however, my eyes were caught by the title of the thread. It does sound as if you have a problem with being left out. It shouldn't matter if you get a day or not. When you accepted the position, you most likely knew what the job required. My point is, you don't need to concern yourself with public accolades (from man) when your purpose was set by God.
We have an obligation to the generation.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »
I'm not interested in a mucsician's appreciation, however, my eyes were caught by the title of the thread. It does sound as if you have a problem with being left out. It shouldn't matter if you get a day or not. When you accepted the position, you most likely knew what the job required. My point is, you don't need to concern yourself with public accolades (from man) when your purpose was set by God.

COSIZZLE!!
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline CHI-MD

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
Just so that I'm clear, the appreciation service was the pastor and church administrators’ idea..(not the musicians)...Every auxiliary has a Sunday that has been set aside to recognize their hard work throughout the year and they felt that we should have one as well. This is something that is common in churches here. So it’s going to happen.... I was really more so looking for ideas from those who have had on or may have some suggestions...I didn’t mean to have this go back and forth or be defensive or offensive to anyone....I'll post pics/video

Thanks

Offline demusicman

• LGM Member
  • http://www.myspace.com/reverenceministry
    • http://www.myspace.com/demusicman

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 07:05:36 AM »
Haven't had an appreciation service. I wouldn't object the idea of having one. I am just thankful for being planted in a place where I don't have to the see my appreciation through a check (although that would look very good too  ;D).

I have a pretty good relationship with my Pastor he's like an older brother and he makes sure every leader in the house knows their work is appreciated.

However, if I were having an appreciation. It would be simple just sit back and let me enjoy service and the preached word (no directing or playing or singing for me). Just being apart of the worship experience.
Daniel E. Smalls, Minister of Music & Worship Arts
Heaven Bound Ministries Worship Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up