LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4-string guitar vid  (Read 915 times)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

4-string guitar vid
« on: February 11, 2009, 05:56:09 PM »
Ok, ok... it's a bass... don't tell anyone.  ;)

So, I was practicing bass (it's kind what I do when I'm online--I'm still pretty bad...).

Then I started youtubing some old funk basslines. I caught this video... and put my bass down...

I know, it's not anything like Wooten, or any of those dudes, but I dug the groove (looper in action here), and I've always liked that song.

Don't even know who this dude is, and he's playing a Cort (say what?!?!), but enjoy.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: 4-string guitar vid
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 06:51:15 AM »
That was NICE!
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »
That was too sweet!!

I hate when bassists take your guitar and play it better than you do. My bassist picked up my guitar and started slapping on the thing. It was so funky i couldn't be mad for too long.  :D :D :D
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 05:00:50 PM »
That was too sweet!!

I hate when bassists take your guitar and play it better than you do. My bassist picked up my guitar and started slapping on the thing. It was so funky i couldn't be mad for too long.  :D :D :D

Since I've been messing with the bass more, I've really started getting into slapping the guitar, too. Especially the acoustic.

I think it really clicked when I saw John Mayer doing it at one of the Crossroads festivals. He did this long intro to City Love, and it was *thwack* on the low E and then some noodling, repeat as needed lol.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
Since I've been messing with the bass more, I've really started getting into slapping the guitar, too. Especially the acoustic.

I think it really clicked when I saw John Mayer doing it at one of the Crossroads festivals. He did this long intro to City Love, and it was *thwack* on the low E and then some noodling, repeat as needed lol.

Tha tintro to "City Love" is sweet too. I go back and watch that often just for inspiration.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »

I would slap if i knew where to even start.

Plus i saw a video of John Mayer's "Neon". Not sure how the heck he eve does that.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
I would slap if i knew where to even start.

Just slap.  :)

Give a quick thwack with the side of your thumb. There's a sweet spot on the string that will respond better. Start out over the neck pickup and move around from there.

Here's a tutorial I just found. WAY more intense than anything I can do, but, man, it's got some stank on it...

Really, I just use it as an accent here and there. (apologies on the vocals--I'm still blaming the bad monitoring lol)

Pages: [1]   Go Up