LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st month of guitar lessons completed  (Read 705 times)

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

1st month of guitar lessons completed
« on: February 11, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
Actually it has been closer to about 5 weeks. Anybody that is just beginning like myself, there is nothing like having a competent teacher. I have a long way to go but I feel like am progressing every week. Currently I am working on chord progressions and various right hand finger excercises. The finger excercises actually come pretty natural to me. However, moving from string to string when playing single notes with the pick seems to be difficult. In time I know I will get it. I reiterate, if you have the time and money, get a teacher. It will save you a lot of frustration and shorten your learning curve. Also, for those that are interested a typical session for me usually includes the following: sightreading, chord exercises, right hand finger exercises, and learning a song of my own choosing.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

Re: 1st month of guitar lessons completed
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 08:55:24 AM »
Dude congratulations! I so totally wish i could afford a good guitar teacher but i can't. However i am teaching some folks how to play piano and seeing the way they progress makes me wish i had a guitar teacher to guide me.

So what type of music are you heading into with this guy?
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline jonesl78

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40:29 AM »
Dude congratulations! I so totally wish i could afford a good guitar teacher but i can't. However i am teaching some folks how to play piano and seeing the way they progress makes me wish i had a guitar teacher to guide me.

So what type of music are you heading into with this guy?

Well, he's actually more of a alternative artist. Right now I am just looking for a firm foundation. Ill try to apply my newfound knowledge to the urban gospel sound that I like. 

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:14 AM »
Well, he's actually more of a alternative artist. Right now I am just looking for a firm foundation. Ill try to apply my newfound knowledge to the urban gospel sound that I like

that's nice.

(whispering) hey guys! how long do you think before he gets lost in the blues???  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up