LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday School vs. Bible Study: The Difference...  (Read 14733 times)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Sunday School vs. Bible Study: The Difference...
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »
I'm confused.  Your church has SS.  Someone teaches it.  Is that person not qualified to teach or is it one of those classes that teaches itself through discussion and discovery?

If you currently have a SS teacher who knows anything at all about the Bible, he or she (if s/he wanted to) could easily identify subjects in which s/he's knowledgeable.  It might be a book (A Walk Through Exodus) or a subject (NT Miracles, Signs and Wonders), or a biographical study (The Life of Paul, the Apostle) or whatever.  But surely your current SS teacher has to know
something??

I'm quite sure they do. That doesn't, however, mean they have time to study the material for the current SS AND an elective or two.

And, that's my whole point. The ministers at my church have other things for which they are responsible, they're busy people. It would, for practical purposes, have to be someone else.

At the same time, I'm reminded that 100% of the work in the church is done by 10% of the people.  :-\
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 09:41:37 AM »
Okey dokey.

All I'll say is that 99% of my client churches are small or mid-sized churches.  My own church is small.  That's my specialty.  It can be done with what you have right now.

But different churches have different visions, so if that's not a part of your church's vision for right now, no biggie.  Y'all can do it when the time is right, if at all.  No point in squeezing into a shoe that doesn't fit.  :-\
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline SirTJ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »
No point in squeezing into a shoe that doesn't fit.  :-\

Unless you're one of Cinderella's sisters.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
At my church, there is a slight difference between Sunday School and Bible Study.  In Sunday School, there is usually a different topic every Sunday.  In Bible Study, it's one topic going on for a while, then another topic. 

Plus, the format is a little different.  In Sunday School, u gotta stay on topic and there's a strict time limit.  In Bible Study, u can talk about whatever is on your mind for however long u want (although it's usually an hour).
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up