LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wonderful world of tri tones  (Read 1009 times)

Offline kenlacam

• LGM Member

wonderful world of tri tones
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:07:53 AM »
After playing keys for many years, I have only recently discovered (thru You-tube) tri tones and how to use them effectively to create a richer, fuller sound with some tension. I feel like I've been living in a cave all this time and am just now coming to see the light.... ;D Gotta love those left hand chords!
death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live

Offline trking

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: wonderful world of tri tones
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
At least you are becoming familiar with them. Me? I've been playing 30 plus years, and JUST came across the darn term, and just bought a C3.... Ughghghgh my chord playing is so elementary!

Offline kenlacam

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »
That's exactly how I feel about my playing. I am used to playing the basic major or minor chords, and was wondering about the extra flavoring that a lot of organists have. After looking on youtube the light is starting to shine, and I feel that I can once again progress my playing to new heights.
death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live

Offline trking

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »
That is truly the wonderful thing about playing! There's ALWAYS another road to travel down... I think it's GREAT to extend ourselves out of our comfort zones and into another zone....

I can NOT wait to get home and practice!

Offline betnich

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:31:22 PM »
That is truly the wonderful thing about playing! There's ALWAYS another road to travel down... I think it's GREAT to extend ourselves out of our comfort zones and into another zone....
I can NOT wait to get home and practice!

True!
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up