LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double bass...during praise and worship?  (Read 3115 times)

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

Double bass...during praise and worship?
« on: December 07, 2004, 03:15:44 PM »
Hey y'all!
I just wanted to know if any of you use double bass during praise and worship. I use it sometimes w/ fills but otherwise I don't really use it. I also sometimes use it with the old time "boom-tap" beat just to make it a little more fun for me. If you do use it what songs do you use it with?
Thanks-

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:23:24 PM »
ANYONE OUT THERE?  I NEED HELP ON THIS DOUBLE BASS THING!

Offline CalKel2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:56:39 PM »
Yeah, I've used it a few times. I really don't recall any particular songs, I generally try to feell my way out. Using a double pedal for 24th and 32nd rolls definitely can add to the excitement of any praise and worship song. I too use the double a lot on the "boom-tap" rythms. To me it just sounds right. I also use it to compliment different shuffles I use on some other songs.

If you really trying to find some applications for a double bass pedal in gospel you should definitely try and get Israel and New Breeds live DVD. Chris Coleman was doing some nice stuff on there. I hope this helps.

Offline roc-da-snare

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 09:16:19 AM »
:wink: yeah I really enjoy using that double bass sometimes in certain praises! when i really want to get funky with it, that double bass is great. if you hit that double bass at a nice speed just so the congregation can get a nice hand clap and stomp out of it. people really love that double bass, and you can roll with it and add fillers. IT WILL GET YOUR CHURCH JUMPIN FOR SURE!

GOD BLESS!
[/b]

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:20:40 PM »
I agree the double bass definently will get the church shouting! I do I cool sounding fill and they are all over! haha! Its great. I just want to know what songs you use it on. I'm getting tired of the old time church of god beats.

Offline roc-da-snare

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 09:45:19 PM »
:wink:  Sometimes I use it  on "Rise Shine Give God The Glory" But thats the only song i use it for. most times i just use it in the praise music!
I love it.

Offline aNdThEBeAtGoEsOn

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 02:01:26 PM »
I don't believe I've ever heard that song. Could you give me some lyrics? is it new?

Offline drummercat777

• LGM Member
    • www.myspace.com/bdrums777

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 11:27:48 PM »
i myself do not play double bass but i have heard of drummers using double bass during praise and worship. it can be used in a variety of suttuations but it is better to be used sparingly and to not "overplay". it is all for his glory anyways right? :D

its all good and its all GOD
Psalm 150:5
why I do what i do.....

www.myspace.com/bdrums777
Pages: [1]   Go Up