Main > Gospel Music Lounge

KIRK FRANKLIN AND THE FAMILY.....

(1/4) > >>

cakinbro:
Hi Saints. I was listening to some of my classic albums and I came across Kirk Franklin and the Family "Why We Sing" album and their Christmas Album. This might just be me, but I liked Kirk Franklin and the Family when they were together. I was thinking one day maybe they'll get back together to do a reunion album or tour. How many of you users would go buy that album?

cakinbro

funkyfingaz:
Hey Bro, I still listen to those CD's like they came out yesterday. Kirk Is my man and even though he flopped up with the family and GP stealing their money, I still feel the anointing in everything he does. His lyrics is awesome and I definitely know he's a chosen vessel of God. If they were to ever get together(which I doubt) I would be the 54th person on line.  8)

PROSTR8:

--- Quote from: cakinbro ---Hi Saints. I was listening to some of my classic albums and I came across Kirk Franklin and the Family "Why We Sing" album and their Christmas Album. This might just be me, but I liked Kirk Franklin and the Family when they were together. I was thinking one day maybe they'll get back together to do a reunion album or tour. How many of you users would go buy that album?

cakinbro
--- End quote ---

As great as that would sound, I doubt that will ever happen.  There was a bad break up there, including lawsuits over money.....same with GOD'S PORPERTY.  Maybe time will heal all wounds.

jarrell_d:
yea, and I was just thinkin about Kirk 'and the Fam' recently.  I would deffinitely buy the album.

Something i also noticed is that, Kirk's musicians are some of the best in Gospel music if u ask me, but yet when we list some of our favorite musicians (in other topics), i don't think i've ever heard anyone mention Kirk's.

Does anyone know the name of some of Kirk's musicians?  Drummer's and Organists?  I have none of the covers for his cd's, and actualy never looked at them before (specificly on Kirk's 'Nu Nation Project ' and 'Rebirth')?

SisterT:

--- Quote from: jarrell_d ---Does anyone know the name of some of Kirk's musicians?  Drummer's and Organists?  I have none of the covers for his cd's, and actualy never looked at them before (specificly on Kirk's 'Nu Nation Project ' and 'Rebirth')?
--- End quote ---

I haven't looked at the cover's yet, but I know the keyboard musician on "rebirth" is the Late Michael Robinson, formerly Paul Morton & the Greater ST. STephen's Co-Minister of Music.

I buy anything that Kirk Franklin does. The brother is talented, gifted, and anointed!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version