Main > Gospel Music Lounge

KIRK FRANKLIN AND THE FAMILY.....

<< < (4/4)

songtress:
Bboy, I understand what you are saying but I dont think the media made up the story. I for one dont believe everything I read either. I found different articles about the lawsuits by searching my college database. There were also quotes from the lawyers representing both parties. I only posted a synopsis of the issue because Lorenzo asked. These lawsuits were very public because you are dealing with a well known individual(kirk Franklin) even though he is not the only person that was sued. Of course we dont know all there is to an issue and we may never know.

I believe you are right in saying that one should learn about the industry. In fact, that was my friend's opinion of the issue and she has heard alot more than we do since she is living in dallas.

Eggs:
Good point Bboy.

And other posters are making good points about how we conduct ourselves as Christians.  We have to be very careful.

Just this morning, I looked back and realized that there were many days where I had spent hours on my board practicing, and I hadn't spent any time studying the Word on those particular days!

The Lord convicted me... we need to remember to put God first in all we do.  Even as called musicians, we can't put the piano ahead of our prayer and worship, and quality time with God.

And so it is with the music... and so it is with the industry.... or anything else for that matter... cause God doesn't like that.

In proper conduct, He is loved and acknowledged first, above father, mother, music or anything else.

Bless the name of the Lord.

Eggs

LorenzoS:
Very well said BBoy......Learning is the only way we Grow!!

BBoy:
I did not mean any offense, Sis Songtress. I too had heard that there were some dealings with Minister Franklin a while back. My point was just that we need to learn as much about the industry as we can, because when things get complicated and people start talking millions of dollars, any one of us can make a mistep or a mistake and then all of our private business blunders are out for eveyone to see.

For instance, who really knows how much money producers, recording engineers, agents, commercial artists, etc actually take? I know I don't. And we know the old saying . . . you never know how many friends and family you have until you get some money. I think sometimes people think that singing the song will get you to the bank, but it isn't that simple. And for us, it isn't about money anyhow . . . it's about glorifying Jesus.

Did anyone in this situation make that mistake . . . I mean, the mistake of not knowing exactly what they were getting into? Possibly so, possibly not . . . but if that is what happened, I think it could have happened to any of us. That was my point.

No offense, I hope?  :D

Be Blessed . . .   :lol:

BBoy  8)

songtress:
No problem Bboy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version