LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: new wheatworks dvd with trina trine sneak peak!  (Read 16933 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: new wheatworks dvd with trina trine sneak peak!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »
I should note that while Trina's taste is different than mine, she's IS a beastess and I'm still getting that DVD.

Ditto.

Her playing is kinda out there, but its still "phat", and I'm sure I can fit it into what I do.

I'll probably get PJ's first, or maybe Justin Gilbert's. I cant decide.

Incognegro

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »
Ditto.

Her playing is kinda out there, but its still "phat", and I'm sure I can fit it into what I do.

I'll probably get PJ's first, or maybe Justin Gilbert's. I cant decide.

Man, if I tried to play some of those changes on a Sunday Morning people would look at me like I have three heads.   :D

Is that PJ Keys or Organ?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2009, 02:29:36 PM »
Man, if I tried to play some of those changes on a Sunday Morning people would look at me like I have three heads.   :D

Is that PJ Keys or Organ?

Exactly! lol. A lot of that dissonant stuff is good for talk music, but When I do Hymns and such, I'd rather not sacrifice the melody for phat chords that can go in the left hand.

I hope its for Organ. I was watching his old old organ one this morning, I think its called Advanced chords and runs, but he wasnt breaking every chord down, and its really the the sound I'm looking  for.

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member
  • Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ....
    • The Trina Trine Music Site

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:17 AM »
Well, well, well!  Of course it's been a while since I've been on here but as you can see, I've been working.  Of course like always, thank you for the comments/reviews on the demo.  Remember that this is Trina's way of an approach sometimes....not ALL the time people but of course, you're going to have people either like or dislike what you do  ;D  Like I always say, only what you do for CHRIST will last.  As long as you're pleasing HIM and not man, you will be rewarded!  See ya! ;)
No matter what people say about you, know that God has a perfected plan for you!  Remain faithful!

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 01:25:57 AM »
Congratulations to Trina Trine!

When is the release date? Also when is the new PJ Morgan dvd coming out?
Thank you!!!!!
No matter what people say about you, know that God has a perfected plan for you!  Remain faithful!

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 09:03:28 AM »
Wow, her voice is so soothing on the DVD. I am almost tempted to learn the organ...if only it were not so hard.  :)
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:20:37 PM »
A lot of that dissonant stuff is good for talk music, but When I do Hymns and such, I'd rather not sacrifice the melody for phat chords that can go in the left hand.

Who says you have to sacrifice melody for phat chords???  You can play a hymn and KILL it with phat chords and changes and still keep it recognizale to the old mother on the front row who dont no nothin about music.......for examplei saw a guy play "Holy, Holy, Holy" the regular way.....then i saw a dude play it with the EXACT same bass notes while still keeping the melody yet it sound completely different.

Lol maybe i just went on a little tangent....but it REALLY bothers me when people assume that you gotta give up soooo much in order to keep the melody/simplicity of a song together when you really dont......
Keep It Funky

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »
Who says you have to sacrifice melody for phat chords???  You can play a hymn and KILL it with phat chords and changes and still keep it recognizale to the old mother on the front row who dont no nothin about music.......for examplei saw a guy play "Holy, Holy, Holy" the regular way.....then i saw a dude play it with the EXACT same bass notes while still keeping the melody yet it sound completely different.

Lol maybe i just went on a little tangent....but it REALLY bothers me when people assume that you gotta give up soooo much in order to keep the melody/simplicity of a song together when you really dont......

Depends on how you do it. If Trina wasnt singing along, I would have had no Idea what song she was playing.

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »
well that's because what the demo is showing is showing my approach if I was to play it for myself.  There are two (2) ways that I'm playing these songs ladies and gents.  The first time I'm playing the song, I'm playing it as if you would play as an accompaniment.  The second time is done if it was done for a soloist.  The thing that cracks me up about all of this is that the DVD hasn't even come out yet and you're already "assuming" what it's all about.  There is over five (5) hours of long and hard approach into doing traditional hymns and praise and worship songs. What you saw was a "teaser" per say and of course, you're going to have your opinions.  Give it a chance peeps....geez.  Stop criticizing so much, learn and go forth.  I'm sharing what God has given me the way He's giving it.  You would complain if I was stingy with my gifts.  If you like it, FINE, if you don't, FINE.  It's not going to determine either way how you feel about me, my singing or my playing.  This is what started the "drama" in the first place here on LGM because we have too many "critics" on here breaking down and not knowing what's truthfully on there.  Get the full facts first before saying.  I'm not offended but I understand why some musicians on here get discouraged because of the so-called "constructive criticism."  I'm an encourager and I encourage everyone to play whatever it is God gives them from the heart. Be silent and let them be who they are......

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »
Hope nuthin I said was taken the wrong way.... anyway I know you're gonna give us a great product, so I'm buyin it.

When is the release date?

Incognegro

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44:25 AM »
well that's because what the demo is showing is showing my approach if I was to play it for myself.  There are two (2) ways that I'm playing these songs ladies and gents.  The first time I'm playing the song, I'm playing it as if you would play as an accompaniment.  The second time is done if it was done for a soloist.  The thing that cracks me up about all of this is that the DVD hasn't even come out yet and you're already "assuming" what it's all about.  There is over five (5) hours of long and hard approach into doing traditional hymns and praise and worship songs. What you saw was a "teaser" per say and of course, you're going to have your opinions.  Give it a chance peeps....geez. 
Stop criticizing so much, learn and go forth.  I'm sharing what God has given me the way He's giving it.  You would complain if I was stingy with my gifts. 
If you like it, FINE, if you don't, FINE.  It's not going to determine either way how you feel about me, my singing or my playing. 
This is what started the "drama" in the first place here on LGM because we have too many "critics" on here breaking down and not knowing what's truthfully on there.   Get the full facts first before saying.  I'm not offended but
I understand why some musicians on here get discouraged because of the so-called "constructive criticism."  I'm an encourager and I encourage everyone to play whatever it is God gives them from the heart. Be silent and let them be who they are......

?/?

I said:

I should note that while Trina's taste is different than mine, she IS a beastess and I'm still getting that DVD.

Perhaps you were criticized/bashed unfairly in the past and that's why you're a bit too sensitive here. 

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »
Girl, you are a beast and that is all there is to it. If i playe3d the organ i would buy the DVD.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline aminstrelspraise

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
Trina Trine!!!!! Please you do not have to explain anything to people who really do not know what is coming out of their mouth. Trine, I truly felt your frustration when I can tell you poured your heart out and imparted "your" own skill that God gave you to help people like  me who buys videos to work on their craft. I can go on and on to tell you just how much that sneak peak blessed me so much because I broke down your version of tis so sweet overnight! I can't wait to go to my church to play it. I'm truly grateful to God that He has given you such a wonderful gift to share with us. Please do not pay that any type of mind. Obviously a year from now, they will be still making those same type of comments instead of trying to grow. Organists can learn from anything. Open your minds people!!! That's what I'm going to do. Be Blessed Trina!!!!!

Offline ddw4e

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Just doing what i do! LOL!

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »
Trina! I never see you use so many quatation marks from you in my life LOL! You know I love anything you do. You are definitely one of my favorite organists to hear and will definitely get your product just because it's "trina trine"! Hopefully by June when I see Sabastian he have it ready! I am very proud of you and may God continue to bless you and your gifts!

Much Love!

(Hopefully I make it to your level and doing tours around the world like you! LOL).
MERCY EN!!

Offline wheatworks

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
hey folks what we all have to remember is that people have feeling. yes musicians do too and if you are playing your heart out and i came in your church and said i don't like your style that hurts. even if you don't. some thing are better not said. i work with a lot of player and people try asking me who i like the the best. i hate that because i feel god is so big that he gives everybody something different and something great. i have seen john peters learn from people that some would say can't play. he showed me you can learn from anybody. he's taken stuff that i have played and used it in his way. let's try and learn more from everybody. that's why wheatworks brings you different player........

much love!

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »
Let me say this so that this thread doesn't get out of hand.  Yes, musicians can and will be sensitive and we have feelings.  I have a right just like everyone else to say what they feel.  Not feeling like I have to explain myself, it wasn't long ago that I was indeed "bashed" in an unfair way but remember that it was an unknown person by the name of Trina Washington who didn't "Fight" the people that talked about me but encouraged.  Nothing has changed about me at all since then.  This is hard work and I want everyone to prosper, that's all!  God bless and practice in every key  ;)

Offline trinatrine

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 08:15:34 PM »
Trina Trine!!!!! Please you do not have to explain anything to people who really do not know what is coming out of their mouth. Trine, I truly felt your frustration when I can tell you poured your heart out and imparted "your" own skill that God gave you to help people like  me who buys videos to work on their craft. I can go on and on to tell you just how much that sneak peak blessed me so much because I broke down your version of tis so sweet overnight! I can't wait to go to my church to play it. I'm truly grateful to God that He has given you such a wonderful gift to share with us. Please do not pay that any type of mind. Obviously a year from now, they will be still making those same type of comments instead of trying to grow. Organists can learn from anything. Open your minds people!!! That's what I'm going to do. Be Blessed Trina!!!!!

God bless you and continue to let the Lord use you in EVERY way!!!  Don't worry, I'm used to this but had it not been for those who discouraged me, I wouldn't be encouraged to bless the nation ;D

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
 :-\ ?/?

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »
Trina is great, but her playing is a little too dissonant/abstract for me.
Thanks, I have a headache now   ;D
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Incognegro

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »
Trina Trine!!!!! Please you do not have to explain anything to people who really do not know what is coming out of their mouth.

Silly Rabbit.

Hang around and learn how LGM works nOOb.   ::)

if you are playing your heart out and i came in your church and said i don't like your style that hurts. even if you don't. some thing are better not said.

If I said "I don't like your style" then walked away, then I can understand someone being offended...

...but I didn't say that.  I said it's too little dissonant FOR ME.  Although her playing is too dissonant/abstract FOR ME, I said she is A BEASTESS and I will buy her DVD.

I paid her a huge compliment and said I would support by purchasing her DVD, and yet here I am trying to explain myself. 

Huh?!?!?!

Anyway, Trina, I said you were a Beastess and I meant it.  I said I was getting your DVD and I meant it. 

Be blessed,

-Rjthakid

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up