LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: GGGLLLOOOORRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!! (SHARAY REED CONTENT!!!)  (Read 8566 times)

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

Re: GGGLLLOOOORRRRRYYYY!!!!!!!! (SHARAY REED CONTENT!!!)
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
I like playing bass for fun.  I don't know but sometimes I believe that if I HAD to play for my family to eat it wouldn't be as fun anymore.  Maybe it's just me.  I mean I'm not a big fan of always traveling and leaving your family for months on the time.  Some people love it but I don't think I would.  Going somewhere every now and again wouldn't bother me but being gone all the time would bother me because I'm a family guy and I love eating Sunday dinner with my family down my Grandmother's house every Sunday!! LOL!! 

i feel you bro,

however if it's a steady gig at a church and not with artist that's a totally different scenario.

Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »
One other thing though, if you are loving what you do, then the fun will never leave. I myself once wanted to be a traveling musician, but I'm a family man and love spending time with my family, so I decided not to pursue that. I do get paid for playing at my church and I enjoy it. As long as I'm playing my instruments, everything is fun and I'm happy.
Keep God first and he'll do the rest!!!

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »
$1200 a Sunday?! Is anyone really making that kind of change?

I make $1200....for the whole year. ::)

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 01:23:13 PM »
true, however $1200 a week in Detroit is some MAJOR bread seeing how you can get a NICE house for 100K. pretty much new construction

Everyone has a different calling, but had it been me  (after some serious praying and hoping that God said yes) I would've  taken that $62400 annual pay and found a normal full time Job and enjoyed the doors that had been opened for me.

My wife would love to not have to work.

I have to agree with you on this one Jeremy.  Money isn't the most important thing in the world but if I was ever offered a contract gig making $1200/week I'd do some very sincere praying and soul searching.

(plus a brotha's single and loves to travel LOL....Lord please say YES and make a way  ;D)

-J

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

I have to agree with you on this one Jeremy.  Money isn't the most important thing in the world but if I was ever offered a contract gig making $1200/week I'd do some very sincere praying and soul searching.

(plus a brotha's single and loves to travel LOL....Lord please say YES and make a way  ;D)

-J

[old rumbly deacon voice]  Let the Church say yesssssssss [mother of the church that always adlibs]  oooo ye ye ye yeeeeaaaahhhh [/mother of the church that always adlibs]  Amen [/old rumbly deacon voice]

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »
Everyone has a different calling, but had it been me  (after some serious praying and hoping that God said yes) I would've  taken that $62400 annual pay and found a normal full time Job and enjoyed the doors that had been opened for me.

My wife would love to not have to work.

And that right there is the key.  Just make sure that if God says no you don't come back like "umm... was that really you Lord or was that da debbil? Run that by me one mo' 'gain..." ;)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
am i missing something, or am i the only person who would figure that $1200 a week comes with some other obligations more than just 3 hours on a sunday? to the point where u can work a full-time job and neither interferes with the other. thats quite a lot for NO extra obligations (meaning time spent/required).
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
am i missing something, or am i the only person who would figure that $1200 a week comes with some other obligations more than just 3 hours on a sunday? to the point where u can work a full-time job and neither interferes with the other. thats quite a lot for NO extra obligations (meaning time spent/required).

Obviously, we know that rehearsals are part of this, but its doesn't take up 40 hours of your regular work week. I'll definitely look into something like this if the opportunity came my way.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:05 PM »

Obviously, we know that rehearsals are part of this, but its doesn't take up 40 hours of your regular work week. I'll definitely look into something like this if the opportunity came my way.

well no, it doesnt take up 40 hours. that i know. but for a church that can afford all the musicians $1200 a week and better (im sure the bass player isnt the ONLY one gettin that kind of money) that they having more than 1 sunday morning service and 1 weekly rehearsal for just 1 choir. and with the time spent in service or rehearsal, time at work for 40 hours (or more) and time spent practicing, im sure sleep and personal time are fighting for their fair share. sometimes i dont have enough hours in the day so i know somebody makin that would reasonably feel more pressure. and how many times can you say "i cant make rehearsal because i gotta work late" before they cut ur pay or get rid of you? how many times can you tell your job i cant come in or gotta leave early because i got rehearsal?

these are the kinds of things i ponder, because often when u dont consider these things and ask questions, these are the finer details you find out the hard way.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline MrEdabass

• LGM Member
    • My youtube

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
(6580 plays later)

My gosh this is good1
Jesus

And you'll never find one greater

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »
well no, it doesnt take up 40 hours. that i know. but for a church that can afford all the musicians $1200 a week and better (im sure the bass player isnt the ONLY one gettin that kind of money) that they having more than 1 sunday morning service and 1 weekly rehearsal for just 1 choir. and with the time spent in service or rehearsal, time at work for 40 hours (or more) and time spent practicing, im sure sleep and personal time are fighting for their fair share. sometimes i dont have enough hours in the day so i know somebody makin that would reasonably feel more pressure. and how many times can you say "i cant make rehearsal because i gotta work late" before they cut ur pay or get rid of you? how many times can you tell your job i cant come in or gotta leave early because i got rehearsal?

these are the kinds of things i ponder, because often when u dont consider these things and ask questions, these are the finer details you find out the hard way.

Valid points, floaded.  We've visited the subject of compensation here more than once, and every church is different. You can't even apply geography to it, as two different musicians in, say, Detroit, could be earning two radically different salaries (but they could also have two different sets of obligations).

Not to hijack this thread but I do have a question:  who should earn more, a musician or a Minister of Music? Becuause in my church, one musician earns more per week that my MOM earns for the whole month. And that ain't right. >:(

Offline BigFoot_BigThumb

• LGM Member
  • The Waves SSL 4000 plug-ins. The greatest EVER!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2009, 02:28:52 AM »
Churches will offer whatever they can to get certain players in place.  There was a young lady that played bass for one of the larger churches here in Nashville.  I never got to hear her play, but word was she was extra-super-duper-stupid-fresh-ice-cold with the axe.  They actually flew her in every weekend(I think she was from D.C. or somewhere up north), and flew her back home Sunday evening.  If they took that expense for a bass player when we have a plethora of gifted players here, you know the money had to be ridiculous too.

Oh, I sent this and 2 other videos to my best friend who is one of the baddest players here in town.  He is loving Sharay Reed.  He said he is very inspired by this dude.  He's asked me to send him more videos. 
When you've done your very best, do even better.

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 06:23:26 AM »

In all honsety, for $1200 a week, you really wouldn't need to work anywhere else, unless you wanted to pick up a part time job or gig.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 07:18:18 AM »

In all honsety, for $1200 a week, you really wouldn't need to work anywhere else, unless you wanted to pick up a part time job or gig.

for real!!!!

I would be a cart boy at the local Meijer and target and do some freelance work on the side.

64K is alot of moolah!  Heck.  I would be a lifeguard in the summer time at the local pool and still be living good...LOL!!!

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2009, 08:02:41 AM »
I feel ya on that one J. I'll wear a speedo for that one. LOL!!! Not!!!

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »
for real!!!!

I would be a cart boy at the local Meijer and target and do some freelance work on the side.

64K is alot of moolah!  Heck.  I would be a lifeguard in the summer time at the local pool and still be living good...LOL!!!

Doc, I gotta say you've been on point this week! This is the second time I've had to quite you (on the same page!!!) and say "yep, ol' deacon jeremy's rite again"

Cause @ $4800/mo this brotha would be living in the overflow and enjoying a very comfortable life. Shoot, I'd pay the clark sisters to call me every other morning and sing "livin" as my theme song. lol

-J

Offline ddwilkins

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Arsenal!!!!
    • D'Wayne's Spot

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »

Cause @ $4800/mo this brotha would be living in the overflow and enjoying a very comfortable life. Shoot, I'd pay the clark sisters to call me every other morning and sing "livin" as my theme song. lol

Preach that thang brother!!!! That's some nice bread for doing something that you love. Plus when you are doing what you love, obligations are not seen as burdens, at least they don't to me. I don't view them as obligations.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2009, 08:56:06 AM »
I'd pay the clark sisters to call me every other morning and sing "livin" as my theme song. lol

-J

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

If you were in Detroit you could just drop over their house and have breakfast as they sang to you.

Offline bassmanundertaker

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "To God Be The Glory"

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »
 ?/? Who was his teacher?  ?/?......I am willing to fly to where ever his teacher is and pay for those lessons.... ;D....where do I start and what time are classes?
"To God Be The Glory for KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING of MY GIFTS that HE has Given ME!"

Offline Bullitt

• LGM Member

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »

Preach that thang brother!!!! That's some nice bread for doing something that you love. Plus when you are doing what you love, obligations are not seen as burdens, at least they don't to me. I don't view them as obligations.

Quote from: jeremyr
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!

If you were in Detroit you could just drop over their house and have breakfast as they sang to you.

See that's exactly what I'm talking about!

[raspy voiced ol' preacha] Gettin paid....HA! Ta doooooo...AHA! Whatcha looooooove to do! HA! Weeeeeeell that ain't work saints! Mmmm Hmmm....ya see AH! That's what tha Lawwwwwwwwwd intended when He filled yo life with purpose! Cause when I think AH! Of the gooooooooooodness, of Jesus...Oh shababa recola scoobydoobydoo *que the shout music & clark sisters singing Hallelujah*

lol...I need to quit  ;D

-J
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up