LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hardware vs. Software!!!  (Read 15859 times)

Offline under13

• LGM Member

Re: Hardware vs. Software!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »
I have been using a korg TR 88 and a casio wk3300. I stack the casio on top and use the organ bass sound which is pretty decent. I midi the korg to my laptop and use the native instruments B4 II organ software. This is the best organ software I know of....

do you have the drawbar module that goes with it?

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 01:40:15 AM »
I've dropped mi Ipod-TOUCH many times and it still works properly.

Anyways, I also want a Mac, the 1000$ one. I want to get Logic and make sequences to play along with at church, because we all know that the other musicians don't practice with a metronome.  :D

But really, I want a backing drum machine, funky-big band-jazz brass (oh God!!!), strings (that sound real; not holding just one note for 4 measures), pads, synth pads, synth, Ep, rhodes, and other sounds.

One day have will I.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
I use reason and there seems to be a delay with everything i play. Its small but its there
you got to hear numbers

Offline minofmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The annointing makes the difference!
    • Hill Top Productions, Inc.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »
if you dont have midi controller is it possible to make the motif es the controller and still control all the sounds from the laptop?
May The Work I've Done Speak for Me.

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 10:51:58 AM »
if you dont have midi controller is it possible to make the motif es the controller and still control all the sounds from the laptop?

Yes

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 05:10:08 PM »
I use reason and there seems to be a delay with everything i play. Its small but its there

Try lowering the buffer size or the latency, and if you aren't already, use the ASIO instead of Direct for your sound card

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 03:21:24 PM »
With Pro Tools I normally use Ivory(Italian), and some Moogerfooger sounds. I normally run Pro Tools, Logic, Abysynth, Massive, Garage Band, String Studio, Lounge Lizard, Analog Studio, and Jupiter 8 all at the same time. sending different feeds to my Motif ES8, and the Triton Studio(top board), and the Keytar. The Fantom G is the only one I play str8 up.

I have heard a lot of good things about Logic. Im new to the software setup. I acquired Sampletank today. Are you splitting your Triton or are you layering all of the sound.  I recently got fascinated with Morris Hayes abililty to do so much without breaking a sweat. I want to get to that point.
Im too tall to act small.

Offline elio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2009, 01:56:38 AM »
On this subject: I'm trying to move in the same direction (rig: Yamaha S90, Macbook with Logic Pro) and I'm learning how to trigger Logic samples/sequences/whole parts live and it's really cool.

But I have a question: I'm on the market for a firewire mixer/interface - I'm looking at the Alesis Multimix 8. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thx

Offline The Black Surfer

• LGM Member
  • For God, I will Never Stop!! - Black Surfer
    • Black Surfer TV

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2009, 11:28:02 PM »
I have heard a lot of good things about Logic. Im new to the software setup. I acquired Sampletank today. Are you splitting your Triton or are you layering all of the sound.  I recently got fascinated with Morris Hayes abililty to do so much without breaking a sweat. I want to get to that point.
Well Most of the time The Triton is my expression/lick board so i'll layer/stack different lead sounds and give them different effects.
Thy Will Be Done.....

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 09:44:37 AM »
Man I need a MAC!!!!!! lol

Offline Waymmann

• LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 06:45:12 PM »
Wow that sounds really good.... I am an up and coming musician and i am just starting to be called to travel to services and play for groups on a regular basis where my calendar is filling up. But i was wondering if you can use any other type of laptop with that programming. Because i havent reached that high of a musician status and I am on a cost efficient budget..lol

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 01:11:32 PM »
any advantage to using the Muse Receptor? I have been looking at the idea of one of those,supposedly powerful enough to drive a big rig w/o latency issues.Looks like you could have a LOT of sounds and effects and drive from a Mac and keyboard.

Offline *Maestro*

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
I'm currently playing for a band and sometimes I'm the only keyboardist or sometimes i play with a second keyboardist but i'm preparing for such a case when i'm the lone ranger lol. I'm currently using a motif xs and i'm getting a macbook pro to run stemming tracks. I also plan to use the mac as a "secondary keyboard". What software and controller would you guys suggest? I looked at M-audio Axiom and CME VX and UF series but unfortunately i never actually played any and touch is very important to me because it influence my style of playing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Offline robdown

• LGM Member
  • Beats.
    • Reverb Nation

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 11:47:05 AM »
I'm currently playing for a band and sometimes I'm the only keyboardist or sometimes i play with a second keyboardist but i'm preparing for such a case when i'm the lone ranger lol. I'm currently using a motif xs and i'm getting a macbook pro to run stemming tracks. I also plan to use the mac as a "secondary keyboard". What software and controller would you guys suggest? I looked at M-audio Axiom and CME VX and UF series but unfortunately i never actually played any and touch is very important to me because it influence my style of playing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I had two CME's...sent them both back. The workmanship in those boards is extremely poor. I have two midi controllers now, M-Audio Axiom 61 and a Studiologic VMK-161plus (fully weighted). Both are tanks and have never failed me. I use them with Reason and NI B4 organ.

Offline The Black Surfer

• LGM Member
  • For God, I will Never Stop!! - Black Surfer
    • Black Surfer TV

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 06:05:24 PM »
(A)(X)(I)(O)(M)
Just lovely my dude.....
Thy Will Be Done.....

Offline *Maestro*

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2010, 11:10:09 AM »
Thanks guys.....especially about the CME cuz they had me on the brink of buying. which models of the CME u bought, robdown?

Offline *Maestro*

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
I had forgotten to ask....is it possible to use the axiom to get a specific tone from the motif even though i have a different tone selected (using organ even when i have piano chosen) or wud i have to be in pattern or song mode to do this?

Offline robdown

• LGM Member
  • Beats.
    • Reverb Nation

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 11:36:31 AM »
Thanks guys.....especially about the CME cuz they had me on the brink of buying. which models of the CME u bought, robdown?
I had the UF7. I thought maybe I just got a bad board the first time, so I returned it for another one (same model). Then I had even more problems with that one!! Both of these were new out of the box. Gave up on CME and spent a little more on the Axiom, but I'm happy with it - hasn't let me down yet.

Offline artenson14

• LGM Member

Midi Software needed
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »
How are you guys doing? i'm wondering if anyone knows a midi software similar to vansbaskco that is compatible to windows 7 cuz since i upgraded my computer on windows 7 i'm not able to install van's bascko on the computer. THanks in advance

Offline fmason3

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:38 AM »
Man I need a MAC!!!!!! lol

Yes, you do!

On this subject: I'm trying to move in the same direction (rig: Yamaha S90, Macbook with Logic Pro) and I'm learning how to trigger Logic samples/sequences/whole parts live and it's really cool.

But I have a question: I'm on the market for a firewire mixer/interface - I'm looking at the Alesis Multimix 8. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thx

I have the same rig.  You want your interface and mixer to be one in the same right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up