LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Ministry Dress Code  (Read 3550 times)

Offline PreachaGreene

• LGM Member

Music Ministry Dress Code
« on: April 08, 2009, 12:49:59 PM »
Just something to discuss....

What are your thoughts on dress code requirements for music ministry? Not robes, but just say dress shirt and slacks or perhaps coat requirement. A pastor that I know has this and the rule is at home they dress down, and away they dress with coat at least, if not a tie. The choir doesn't have robes, just color schemes.

The team has no problem, they have been with him for a while and have not openly or privately had issues with this. They typically follow his dress style even when they are at home in their regular environment.

Your take on this????.....

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Music Ministry Dress Code
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 01:04:06 PM »
If it works for that particular ministry, then I don't see a problem.

It just couldn't be a universal rule. Clothing doesn't make any group sound better.  :D

Now, EVERYONE needs to be dressed appropriately (see: not too much skin showin' and nothing too tight).  :)

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
The females on our praise team have to wear stockings and shoes that dont expose their toes. They also have to wear a specific color when they are asked to, and they must wear white on first Sunday

The musicians dont really have a dress code, but I showed up in jeans once and the MoM looked at me like I had two heads (the other musicians have done this on the regular and so does half the congregation).

If I dont feel like wearing a suit I'll wear a sweater over a collar shirt with slacks or a 2 button polo shirt.

I think its a matter of what kinda church it is. More traditional churches will have more traditional dress codes. nothin wrong with that to me.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
Clothing doesn't make any group sound better.  :D

True True... :).

Welcome to the LGM family "PreachaGreene"....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline TheUpperRoom

• LGM Member
  • Thinking hard about what I'm NOT gonna do!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
As long as they dont come on the choir on sunday mornings looking like gang bangers its all good. But seriously we try have different colors wear. The girls can wear dresses or skirts and a top (nothing to sexy for the saints) and the guys can eaither wear a shirt and tie or a polo. Some wear suits but its not a requirement. No sneakers, no wife beaters, no robes. We used to wear robes but they kept getting caught in the air vents on the floor. lol
Follow Me @Muzikminor

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 06:22:02 PM »
Clothing doesn't make any group sound better.  :D

Who are YOU kiddingż :D
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline sayyes

• LGM Member
  • Things are gonna work out for sure..

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
I think Uniformity is important..no it doesn't make you sing better but it gives the impression that everyone is on the same page and there is one mind set and everyone is going in the same direction...

I like it...yes even Musicains should be in some kind of uniform...
And I Want You To Say Well Done....

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »

I like it...yes even Musicains should be in some kind of uniform...

I'm glad we dont. That would be annoying having to have to a coordinate colors every week. The musicians should just have to worry about getting the music right :D

I think Uniformity is important..no it doesn't make you sing better but it gives the impression that everyone is on the same page and there is one mind set and everyone is going in the same direction...

I can agree with that, esp when you are a traveling group. There was this one concert where it was an 80's theme, and in one choir all the kids wore crazy bright mis matched colors, and it just brought their stage presence to whole another level.

Pages: [1]   Go Up