LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Youtube videos moving.  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

Youtube videos moving.
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:28:24 PM »
Gospelbasslines videos are moving on Youtube... to http://www.youtube.com/gospelbasslines

We are also, putting the final touches on a few videos shot, the weekend before last in San Antonio.  We worked our way through the modes, and spoke about each one in the context of the a variation of the major scale.  I was also adding documentation to the video, to fill in the holes, for further study.

I wanted to ask the learngospelmusic fam, if there is anything that baffles or confuses you about the modes, that I might consider discussing it in the document, that I will release with the videos.  Chime in, don't be shy.  We want to be the most comprehensive resource for Bass Players on the web. 

Also coming: Videos about "Knowing the Key signature" when the root is not being played & More on Progressions and Turn-Arounds.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

Re: Youtube videos moving.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
41 views and no questions?

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »
Torch I just wanted to tell you how much of a blessing you are to us upcoming bassist because the idea of teaching someone as you learn seems like a bad idea but it actually makes you better able to relate to others. I consider you my bass instructor cuz even though I taught myself your videos have cleared up alot of things for me in my journey as a bassist.
you got to hear numbers

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
I forgot. I would like to see some more theory focused videos. Thats what my main focus is now.
you got to hear numbers

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 11:45:17 PM »
Torch I just wanted to tell you how much of a blessing you are to us upcoming bassist because the idea of teaching someone as you learn seems like a bad idea but it actually makes you better able to relate to others. I consider you my bass instructor cuz even though I taught myself your videos have cleared up alot of things for me in my journey as a bassist.

Man I am honored, this post made my evening.  Thanks, Br'er!

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »
I forgot. I would like to see some more theory focused videos. Thats what my main focus is now.

Working on uploading a couple right now.

1. How to find the Key when the root is not being played.
2. Hearing Progressions and turn-a-rounds.

These videos are sorta impromptu, just me and my br'er Byrd, sitting around with a video camera. They will probably be on youtube bye the morning, it takes so long for the videos to upload sometimes.

The video that I am editing on modes will take a little longer to get out, because, I am putting some study materials together to fill in the gaps that video didn't cover, it will actually be 4 or 5 different videos, because of Youtubes, time constraints..

Stay tuned.

Offline splitleft

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Jesus is coming soon, does he know you?

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:57 AM »
Man I am weak in the area of playing by Ear. need help picking out note when I listen to mp3. I have a Tascam Mp-Bt1. its hard picking out the notes. hopefully you can cover some ear stuff.

Peace and blessings

Offline pocham

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:34:57 AM »
Hello Iam a beginner i hear you all talk alot about theroy can you please explain what it is please?

Offline NewVisionBass

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:34 AM »
Great stuff I jus start playing the Bass 4 months ago and you n sean hav help me out so much...The people are amazed how much I have come along n jus a couple a months... Thanks God for helpin me and everyother bassplayer...and im gald u have started back with making videos...KEEP THEM COMING n may God bless both of you

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:41 AM »
Hello Iam a beginner i hear you all talk alot about theroy can you please explain what it is please?
Theory also called, "Music Theory" is the study of how music works.  It allows musicians to communicate terms to one another, as well as give those who are trying to figure out what's going on within a song, riff, run, or movement a road map to what's happening.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »
Great stuff I jus start playing the Bass 4 months ago and you n sean hav help me out so much...The people are amazed how much I have come along n jus a couple a months... Thanks God for helpin me and everyother bassplayer...and im gald u have started back with making videos...KEEP THEM COMING n may God bless both of you

Thanks for the comments, NewVisionBass, I am so excited to hear you are progressing at a noticeable pace.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
Working on uploading a couple right now.

1. How to find the Key when the root is not being played.
2. Hearing Progressions and turn-a-rounds.

These videos are sorta impromptu, just me and my br'er Byrd, sitting around with a video camera. They will probably be on youtube bye the morning, it takes so long for the videos to upload sometimes.

you be puttin sean to work. is he getting his require lunch breaks and such? i dont have to report u to the Bass Labor Commission, do i? lol.
seriously, though, im about to watch those right now.

whats killin me right now is moving up higher in the neck without getting lost. im forcing myself to do it more, but i gotta sorta plan for it so far in advance, its like im making reservations. lol.

also those fast songs where the bass movement is constant are killer. you can bassically (pun intended) do the basic shout run for the whole song, but i need to be able to develop variety in that because after a while it gets stale, but not totally sure what fits. Examples are (these are some songs that I play at my church) Ricky Dillard "One More Chance", LaShun Pace "All Things Working", Mary Mary "I Call Him Jesus", etc. Or just basic shout music. I know the regular walk, just looking for variety.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 10:06:56 AM »
you be puttin sean to work. is he getting his require lunch breaks and such? i dont have to report u to the Bass Labor Commission, do i? lol.
seriously, though, im about to watch those right now.

whats killin me right now is moving up higher in the neck without getting lost. im forcing myself to do it more, but i gotta sorta plan for it so far in advance, its like im making reservations. lol.

also those fast songs where the bass movement is constant are killer. you can bassically (pun intended) do the basic shout run for the whole song, but i need to be able to develop variety in that because after a while it gets stale, but not totally sure what fits. Examples are (these are some songs that I play at my church) Ricky Dillard "One More Chance", LaShun Pace "All Things Working", Mary Mary "I Call Him Jesus", etc. Or just basic shout music. I know the regular walk, just looking for variety.
LOL!  That br'er be working under his own volition... that's my story and I'm sticking to it... LOL!

Thanks for the comments, I will be sure to "Force" Sean, I mean look into putting a video together to address those various needs...
Pages: [1]   Go Up