LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've Found a Hanon Excerise Book!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3244 times)

Offline MemphisKeys

• LGM Member

I've Found a Hanon Excerise Book!!!!!!!!!
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:51:14 AM »
Hello everyone those of you who want to know and practice on the Hanon excersies I've found out where you can get it from its a book with all 60 exercises the website is Musicansfriend.com and look under Books and videos and when that section pops up go 2 click on Keyboard and piano and do 2 page 5 and you can also get a book about the Circle of fifths for those of you who don't understand it..... its on page 4 Hope this encourage someone.... Bless ALL....
Music is my Best friend

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

Re: I've Found a Hanon Excerise Book!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 07:38:02 AM »
the HANON exercises are great. you can go to Amro's and get it.

Offline Allie

• LGM Member
  • Me at the Piano

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »
Wonderful, Hanon is a wonderful resource for technic and finger dexterity exercises in your hands! As a music teacher I use Hanon with my students who are in levels 3-6! Great! I hope it works well!
Phillipians 4:13 "I Can Do All Things Through Christ that Strengthens Me." "Sharing My Gift"

Offline musallio

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Merry Christmas to you :-)
    • Hear & Play page

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 02:13:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing guys :)

slowly but surely I am learning the Hanons from this site:

http://www.danmansmusic.com/free_hanon.htm

Powered & Sponsored by Jesus Christ...

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »
I got The Virtuso Hanon book, my question is..how do I use a metronome? in the first exercise it suggests 60 beats to start and eventually get to 120 beats. the time of the piece is 2/4, how do I know how many notes I play per click? and is 120 beats really fast?

Offline docjohn

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 12:52:42 PM »
I've recently begun using my drum machine ;practicing my blues scales to different grooves-points out some rough edges

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 03:58:09 PM »
I guess its about rhythm and timing and accurcy.......i'm in trouble in the accuracy dept., hehe

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
I got The Virtuso Hanon book, my question is..how do I use a metronome? in the first exercise it suggests 60 beats to start and eventually get to 120 beats. the time of the piece is 2/4, how do I know how many notes I play per click? and is 120 beats really fast?

Since the piece is in 2/4 time, the metronome marking would be that the quarter note is equal to 60 bpm. So, just put 60 for the beat, and every measure gets 2 clicks, one click per quater note.

I bet ur exercise has sixteenth notes instead of quater notes though. So, every click will equal 4 sixteenth notes.

Anytime your unclear as to how many clicks for one measure, just look at your time signature. The top number tells u how many beats per measure, and the bottom number tells u what type of note gets one beat or one click.

120 is extremely fast if you're playing all sixteenth notes. However, the more beats a note gets, the slower it is. So, the difficulty of each tempo is relative to the time signature and type of notes being played.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009, 06:23:18 PM »
the measure is 2 sets of 4 eight notes, I hear what youre saying 4 eight notes equal 1 quarter note? so the metronomne will click 2 times per measure. thats kinda cool, gotta keep up to the rythem of the metronome. Just for fun I tried 120....almost broke my fingers, hehe

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 06:21:34 AM »
the measure is 2 sets of 4 eight notes, I hear what youre saying 4 eight notes equal 1 quarter note? so the metronomne will click 2 times per measure. thats kinda cool, gotta keep up to the rythem of the metronome. Just for fun I tried 120....almost broke my fingers, hehe

2 sets of 4 eigth notes? That doesn't make sense man. It takes 2 eigth notes to equal to 1 quarter note. So, I'm guessing u have sixteenth notes. Here is a break down u can use as a guide:

2/4 time

half-note = 2 beats per measure
quarter note = 1 beat per measure
eigth note = 1/2 beat per measure
sixteenth note = 1/4 beat per measure
thirty-second note = 1/8 beat per measure
etc.

quarter note = 2 eigth notes = 4 sixteenth notes

Does the note groupings have 1 bar over them or 2? If it has 1 bar over them, they are eigth notes. If it has 2 bars over them, they are sixteenth notes.

Hope that helps.

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 11:39:26 AM »
sorry....youre right T....it is 2 sets of 4 16th notes, the exercises sound boring at first but its actually fun so far, I think without the metronome it might be boring but the metronome gives me a goal to work towards(gotta keep up to it and be accurate at the same time).
Thanks for the explanation

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 05:24:23 AM »
Isn't the Hanon book all in 16th notes?

If you can't sight-read as fast as the 60bpm indicates, i suggest you start at a lower tempo. THere is no point cheating yourself like i did. When i first got the Hanon book, i would sight-read the first few bars, get the pattern and ignore the rest. :)

Do not be like me.  :)
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 09:24:43 AM »
good point, I find myself doing that already. how do you seperate your ear from the sheep music. Most of the patterns so far are very repetitive, its easy to ignore reading the music and just go with the sound of the patterns. My music reading is slow even though I know the notes in the measures. My challenge is when there are flats and sharps

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »
good point, I find myself doing that already. how do you seperate your ear from the sheep music. Most of the patterns so far are very repetitive, its easy to ignore reading the music and just go with the sound of the patterns. My music reading is slow even though I know the notes in the measures. My challenge is when there are flats and sharps

It's next to impossible to separate your ear from the sheet music, although I know what ur getting at with that question. It's not a bad thing to catch on to the patterns, just make sure u play what's written.

Sometimes, you can get over confident thinking you got the pattern, but when u go back and read what's there, you often find out that the pattern changed, or maybe u were supposed to use a different finger or something like that.

It happens to me all the time. Even now, with music I have to learn for school, even though I've got it learned, I still find myself going back to the music and noticing things that I didn't do b4. You may find that it's necessary to carefully examine the sheet music at some point and make little notes to yourself on how to play certain parts.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Isn't the Hanon book all in 16th notes?

Nope, the majority of them are in 16th notes, but not all of them. There are some done using half-notes, eigth notes, and even 32nd notes. There's one exercise on there with eigth notes against sixteenth notes.

Offline jude63

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
if i'm trying to read the notes but if I go along with the pattern I tend to look at my hands, then it becomes nice and easy, hehe. But in real life I think we look at our hands alot anyway(I do)

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 04:18:01 AM »
Classically trained musicians are supposedly taught to play without looking at their hands. I usually look at my right hand though.

Oh and btw fyi, being able to know what the notes are on the sheet is not the same as being able to sight read. being able to sight read means you actually can follow along with the sheet music relatively fluently.

I had to stop lying to myself a while back that i could sight-read when all i could do was recognize the notes. Now i am learning to properly sight-read.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
if i'm trying to read the notes but if I go along with the pattern I tend to look at my hands, then it becomes nice and easy, hehe. But in real life I think we look at our hands alot anyway(I do)

Most times when people look down at their hands, it's because they know what's coming next. In other words, they've read maybe 2 or 3 measures ahead of where they are and need to prepare there fingers for a big jump or a complicated rhythm or something like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up