LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chord by number method  (Read 999 times)

Offline CCR

• LGM Member

Chord by number method
« on: May 04, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
Is anyone familiar with this method?  I started taking lessons a while back and they started me on this method and now I can not afford weekly lessons.  Does anyone know how to apply this method to different keys?  From what I can tell the chord by number method is different than the scale degree.........

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: Chord by number method
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »
Just take a look around the site, bruh. That's all we do around here.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Mrandrew

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:42:22 PM »

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »
Is anyone familiar with this method?  I started taking lessons a while back and they started me on this method and now I can not afford weekly lessons.  Does anyone know how to apply this method to different keys?  From what I can tell the chord by number method is different than the scale degree.........

You need to supply some more information so that we fully understand your question.  If you say this so called "chord by number method" is different than the scale degree, then it must be some weird practice. The only other alternative I can think of is this:

1 chord = major
2 chord = minor
3 chord = minor
4 chord = major
5 chord = major
6 chord = minor
7 chord = diminished

Then, you would have to know those chords for every key. But even this method stems from knowing the scale degrees cuz u need a bass note to go with those chords.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up