LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IS IT TOO LATE TO START AGAIN?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline BISCUIT52

• LGM Member
    • http://

IS IT TOO LATE TO START AGAIN?
« on: January 17, 2005, 04:43:41 PM »
I'm 52 years young and am about to begin again to learn to play the guitar. I started about 1987 and learned one cord "C", then went through some changes in my personal life and stopped. Whenever I hear a guitar playing especially in person I just know that's what I'm suppose to be doing. I'm a minister also and I enjoyed doing this is my worship and praise to God, it has never left my spirit and it's my hearts desire. :D

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:02:17 PM »
Absolutely not!  IT IS NEVER TOO LATE!!!  

Hit up the other beginner posts and soak up everything you can.

Let us know if you need any help with ANYTHING.

God bless you.[/b]

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 07:56:26 PM »
It is never to late to start and welcome Biscuit52! The guitar can either be the hardest or the  easiest instrument to play,but it depends on you.Start out with easy open chords,like G,C,D and Eminor. You can play countless songs with these four chords and a capo. The main ingredient is to practice,practice,and practice. Learning these simple chords,plus a capo for pitch( key) changes will get you on your way.

Kelsey

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 09:35:43 PM »
It is not too late.  Playing the guitar is an excellent hobby and skill to have.  You could have two reasons for playing...the first one is personal satisfaction and the second one is having an extension of yourself (or extra member of yourself) to praise the Lord.

The only danger is that you are a minister of the gospel first.  Do not neglect your devotion time to God, such as praying, bible study, and ministering to the lost.

At least 30 minutes a day is good practice time, maybe more if you can't get to a stopping point.

With so many negative things in the world to do.  Playing the guitar is an avenue of escape to do something praiseworthy to the Lord.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

...good thought!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 08:16:12 AM »
actually...later is better!....you are more mature..(hopefully!) and focused, so you can get to it in a less distracted way!
I gave some private lessons to one of the LGM family recently and they were older folkes and you results were amazing!
this person took the lessons I gave them and practiced with dedication...and BAM...you should hear the before and after!

Now dont get me wrong!!! my lessons are great  (i know this!)...but that person had to work day and night to learn that hard stuff that quickly!
Any one can give you a lesson...but not everyone will apply themselves and really learn!...this is a great advantage of starting late!

JoyCH

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:18:14 AM »
You're too young not to learn!  :lol:

Joy
Pages: [1]   Go Up