LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possibly selling Tele...  (Read 1467 times)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Possibly selling Tele...
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:42:11 AM »
Hey,

I might be forced to get rid of my beloved Telecaster in the next few weeks.  Of course, I don't want to do this, and I'm believing God for a breakthrough, but I wanted to mention it to y'all.  Honestly, I believe that if I'm meant to have it, that no one else will want it, but here goes...

1993 American Standard Telecaster
Seymour Duncan Lil' '59 in the bridge (have stock p/u also)
SD Lil' '59 tapped for single/hum operation
Black w/ white pickguard, rosewood fretboard
C-shaped neck w/ satin finish (has also been steel-wooled occasionally to keep it SLICK)
Very good condiditon, some minor scratches on back

Bought barely-used in 1994 (wow, has it been that long?)

I would like around $500 for it.

It's not *officially* for sale yet, but if y'all could keep your ears open for me (and pray for my situation right now), it would be appreciated.  If someone is interested, have them e-mail me.

Thanks.  God bless, y'all.

Offline wika2

• LGM Member

Possibly selling Tele...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 12:19:46 AM »
I feel for you man... I too have a tele that I would never part with.  I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd be interested in it for that price, but I don't believe you want to sell it.  Do you?

I'm not sure of the exact nature of your situation, or what you need prayer for...but have faith my brother... breakthroughs cometh by faith!  Through prayer and supplication, God will hearken to the cries of your heart. Call on those things that don't exsist as though they are in Jesus' name... God WILL find a way for you my friend. So, you hold on to that guitar, right?  I'll be praying for you, and be expecting a praise report. Amen?  Oh, another thing you need to do... sow a seed.  Later.

-Dave

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

Possibly selling Tele...
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
Thank you for your encourgement.

Honestly, no, I don't want to sell it.  It was my first "real" guitar (bought when I was 14 from yard-mowing money--lot of sentimental value there).

I have had a rough time letely with my job, as it's straight commission.  The past 6 months have been very tough, but I'm holding on where I'm at, because the Lord has given me some great words about this.  I know that what I'm going through is a test and I will emerge with a testimony.

If you want a prayer target, make it "guidance."  I just want to stay in His will and I know I will ride this thing out.

Kelsey

Possibly selling Tele...
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 10:42:45 PM »
I have been in a situation similar to yours and who’s to say that I will not be in a situation like that again.   I thank God for taking me through those types of moments, because it strengthens my faith.

I am praying for you that God will give you guidance with your situation.  Selling the guitar would be a short term answer and the guitar is only material with a sentimental value.  We must be careful not to attach ourselves to material things.

I have some guitars and the Lord Jesus told me to give one to a 10 year old at my church.  The young boy had been begging his mom to buy him a guitar so that he could learn and play with us at church.  His mom did not even have the money to buy him a cheap guitar.

The Lord Jesus spoke to my heart to give him my most sentimental guitar (My first guitar!!!).  I was sad at first to entertain that thought from God.  I would rather buy the boy one than give him my first guitar.  After weeks of running from God's command and seeing the boy staring at me Sunday after Sunday.  I gave him my most precious, sentimental, and first guitar.

Now, I'm thankful I did.  God has bless me with more material stuff since, but most of all I had a part of making a young boy dreams come true and he will probably remember it for the rest of his life.  Thank God in which we all need to obey because he knows what is best for us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up