LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *Huff*...ugh...  (Read 663 times)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

*Huff*...ugh...
« on: June 05, 2009, 05:01:53 PM »
Well I told you guys that we did a live recording.  Well today we were doing overdubs...this stuff is tedious!!!  They kept telling me to play over the same thing I already played.  Also the MOM asked me to do some extra fills and stuff, which I didn't mind.  But the sound engineer kept talking about hitting open string and asking me to mute out the sound of the distortion and other things.

I got so frustrated that I wanted to throw my guitar out the church window...I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. But I'm trying not to get discouraged about it.   :)

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Offline SanctifiedGuitar

• LGM Member
  • Live a sanctified and holy life.

Re: *Huff*...ugh...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 05:24:21 PM »
I play with a group and I had similar issues...basically I had to let go of my PRIDE and walk in HUMILITY
Have you been baptized in Jesus' name and received the Holy Ghost?
(Acts 2:37,38 and 19:1-7)

Offline Abe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: *Huff*...ugh...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
Gibby,
Doing overdubs at the church rather than in the studio? Hmmm!
I would say they were trying to get a fatter guitar sound and/or add some more EQ/EFX to your playing in order to get that dual guitar sound. Now the open string and distortion mutting is something you should have asked the engineer after the session. Those duds generally have a specific sound plan in their heads and will not tell you until its all done in post production.
Just be cool and learn from your first live recording and overdub session. Let the pros do their thing while you pick the string. 
You'll be talking about it 40 years from now... 8)
Abe
8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up