LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A few new vidoes  (Read 4332 times)

Offline CallowHill

• LGM Member
    • CallowHill Guitars

Re: A few new vidoes
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
This is too much.  Some dude called the BBB on me earlier this week because he wanted a bass and demanded an endorsement.  I made some supremely off-color remarks about trading his kids for a bass since he couldn't afford to pay for one.  When the girl from BBB called me up all serious and asked me what I said, I told her.  Long silence, followed by laughter, then guilt for laughing because the remarks were "so wrong".  I find it funny that this topic was brought up a second time purely by coincidence courtesy of...LGM fam?!  What?!?!  Shame on you kids...   ;D

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »
This is too much.  Some dude called the BBB on me earlier this week because he wanted a bass and demanded an endorsement.  I made some supremely off-color remarks about trading his kids for a bass since he couldn't afford to pay for one.  When the girl from BBB called me up all serious and asked me what I said, I told her.  Long silence, followed by laughter, then guilt for laughing because the remarks were "so wrong".  I find it funny that this topic was brought up a second time purely by coincidence courtesy of...LGM fam?!  What?!?!  Shame on you kids...   ;D

the fact that this is a real story is hilarious in it's own rights!!! LOL!
Somebody put me in the key of E#

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 12:44:37 PM »

did he call because he felt his kids werent worth enough for the trade?

CH: "im sorry, but johnny's not enough for a 5 string. he can get u my budget 4 string though."

guy: "but johnny gets straight A's in school"

CH: "u know what, i'll throw in an extra set of strings, but ur really trying to rip me off here. he doesnt even do his chores."

guy: "im callin the BBB on you. come on johnny."

johnny: "aww dad. i wanna stay with the guitar guy"

CH: "they're basses for crying out loud"
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 03:44:33 PM »
This is too much.  Some dude called the BBB on me earlier this week because he wanted a bass and demanded an endorsement.  I made some supremely off-color remarks about trading his kids for a bass since he couldn't afford to pay for one.  When the girl from BBB called me up all serious and asked me what I said, I told her.  Long silence, followed by laughter, then guilt for laughing because the remarks were "so wrong".  I find it funny that this topic was brought up a second time purely by coincidence courtesy of...LGM fam?!  What?!?!  Shame on you kids...   ;D
Just Outta curiosity. What does it take to become endorser besides being a bass monster?  And did this guy present any of these qualities? (including the bass monster part.)
you got to hear numbers

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
Just Outta curiosity. What does it take to become endorser besides being a bass monster?  And did this guy present any of these qualities? (including the bass monster part.)

CH doesn't do endorsements. 

You endorse his instruments by buying them with your hard earned money.  Like all of his customers do.

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
Some brands choose to put the endorsement tag on artists and give them free gear in order to increase their visibility.  For example... if Flea is a popular bassist for a popular band, and Modulus keeps him playing their gear, then fans and musicians see this and often will want the same gear to match the tone/style.  Usually it's the luthier and/or manufacturer that approaches the artist to offer that partnership.

Unfortunataely, many musicians with decent level of skill have been spoiled by this concept, and feel like they are entitled to an endorsement and free stuff just because they know how to play and happen to play in front of big crowds, and cop a serious attitude if they don't get it.  It's a pretty sad display.

I agree with Tim on this 100%.  If you like the gear that you use, buy it, plain and simple.  If the people who make the gear that you like to use offer you an endorsement or just choose to give you free stuff ,that is strictly at their discretion.  No musician has earned the right to free stuff, and you're only entitled to what you earn by the sweat of your brow.  Chumps looking for handouts can kick rocks.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 12:14:02 AM »
hey, anybody looking for endorsements?? you can endorse my job, and i'll give u all MY work to do for free. lol

kelz, you should know being a bass monster gets you nowhere. you must be at beast status or higher. didnt you read your handbook? lol

Offline Kelz-Da-Basshead

• LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 07:58:55 AM »
hey, anybody looking for endorsements?? you can endorse my job, and i'll give u all MY work to do for free. lol

kelz, you should know being a bass monster gets you nowhere. you must be at beast status or higher. didnt you read your handbook? lol
I have not studied it in a while. and i'll pass on the job endorsement. I don't think i'm ready.
Some brands choose to put the endorsement tag on artists and give them free gear in order to increase their visibility.  For example... if Flea is a popular bassist for a popular band, and Modulus keeps him playing their gear, then fans and musicians see this and often will want the same gear to match the tone/style.  Usually it's the luthier and/or manufacturer that approaches the artist to offer that partnership.

Unfortunataely, many musicians with decent level of skill have been spoiled by this concept, and feel like they are entitled to an endorsement and free stuff just because they know how to play and happen to play in front of big crowds, and cop a serious attitude if they don't get it.  It's a pretty sad display.

I agree with Tim on this 100%.  If you like the gear that you use, buy it, plain and simple.  If the people who make the gear that you like to use offer you an endorsement or just choose to give you free stuff ,that is strictly at their discretion.  No musician has earned the right to free stuff, and you're only entitled to what you earn by the sweat of your brow.  Chumps looking for handouts can kick rocks.
i actually played one of those flea basses and their actually really good basses. Sometimes for some odd reason i don't expect rock musicians basses to be that good and then i play one and its great.
you got to hear numbers

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 02:11:23 PM »
Personally, I know that I am light years away from even being in a galaxy where there exists a solar system with a planet upon which someone on some continent might consider offering me an artist endorsement deal.  That doesn't mean that I an envious of those of you who have them. Far from it. Congratulations and God Bless you because I am confident that you have, by your professionalism and musicanship and loyalty, earned that invitation. Especially the guys (and girls) who post here.

But here's another side of endorsement relationships: if there is someone in your city or town who is an excellent luthier or does great setup and repair work, make sure you let everybody know who does your work. He or she will appreciate it and they will continue to take your care of your instruments for you.

Offline Torch7

• LGM Member
    • Gospel Bass Guitar Lessons Site

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 03:52:51 PM »
Great Vids jeremyr

Poor Darrell.  He could have traded a used SX for a CallowWhatever and still come ahead on the deal.  What a sucker.  Those CH basses SUCK.   ;D

Hey, Tim I got a used SX right next to me, lets make it happen... I also got the BBB on speed dial...LOL!

Offline bassthumpa

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • My blog

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 08:48:12 PM »
i actually played one of those flea basses and their actually really good basses.

Yes, they are, as are Modulus basses in general.  I know someone that plays one and loves it, and I finally got to play around with one when they stated showing up in Guitar Center.  I was pretty impressed with one and would be pretty quick to get one if it weren't for my current infatuation with the work of some joker in Philly and the Junk that he's putting out.

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 01:17:38 AM »
whats with the hype over this "junk" bass??? if u ask me, the MDM5 and MDM6 is where its at! that'll be a prize for me in a few years.

Offline trsmooth

• LGM Member

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 02:02:48 AM »
whats with the hype over this "junk" bass??? if u ask me, the MDM5 and MDM6 is where its at! that'll be a prize for me in a few years.

Im with you man!!! thats where im headed when i get my money up....  ;D but i want a thick-necked 5 string with block inlays...

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 09:34:13 AM »

There's just something about the Jazz Body that just works.  I think it's where the neck gets placed at when you strap up.  I don't know.  The MDM5 definitely feels great, but something about a Jazz that feels right.  Not to mention it plays 10000 times better then any fender I've ever touched (including my own..lol).

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 02:34:53 PM »
There's just something about the Jazz Body that just works.  I think it's where the neck gets placed at when you strap up.  I don't know.  The MDM5 definitely feels great, but something about a Jazz that feels right.  Not to mention it plays 10000 times better then any fender I've ever touched (including my own..lol).

what really makes the junk look 10,000 times better than the fender/clones is the headstock! (tim, u get a gold star and a smiley face sticker!) and i know it sounds awesome. i'd trade it for my fender any day. but that MDM, man, thats a piece of work.

Offline dhagler

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »
I dunno, floaded, but I guess I'm just a Jazz Bass guy (not including the Schecter I just bought). Even so, I'd probably go Sadowsky first. Tim's Junk is very....exotic. :) And I mean that in the most complimentary of ways.

Offline CallowHill

• LGM Member
    • CallowHill Guitars

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 08:11:46 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.  In response to DHagler, it's no secret that as a musician I have relied on Roger Sadowsky's instruments for years.  Though, mine are all six strings...   ;)

I dunno, floaded, but I guess I'm just a Jazz Bass guy (not including the Schecter I just bought). Even so, I'd probably go Sadowsky first. Tim's Junk is very....exotic. :) And I mean that in the most complimentary of ways.

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »

I honestly never got the deal with Sadowskys.  All the ones I have played (NYC & Metro) have just sounded normal to me.  Maybe I was tainted because I played an MTD before playing them.

They were MUCH more comfy than a fender though, but not as comfy as the lankland I played after I put down the sadowskys.

Offline dremy2006

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Buckeye burl Hand-made......
    • DR Custom Basses

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 10:12:27 AM »
There's just something about the Jazz Body that just works.
..***Pumping of the fist***  8) Junk..!!Junk..!! Junk..!!Junk..!!Junk..!!Junk..!!Junk..!!
I visit the site once a month and lay hands on the screen... in Jesus name..!! lol...
Allowing the Creator To use His Creation To Create for you.....

Offline jeremyr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Callowhill fanatic
    • My Youtube Chanel

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2009, 10:15:01 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up