LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you say???  (Read 2691 times)

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Re: What would you say???
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
Wow you get a honorarium? I wish. I was just about to post a subject becuz as a musician I dont feel appreciated at all. It was never an issue until recently. I do Youth ministry, Youth sunday school, play for our ensemble our kids choir and where ever my pastor asked me to go without an honorarium (sometimes last min). When people dont show, I step up and do whatever they asked me to do. For atleast 4-5 years straight. Is it wrong to say I've been burned out? I tried to keep going but I stopped going to some church outings unless my pastor was actually preaching. Oh yeah, He's a musician too. It seemed as though the same people were volunteering all the time. We had a church meeting and my pastor asked what was the problem and I told him that people were being burned out. A couple people looked at me like I was crazy but the ones that were actually volunteering agreed. Being burned out is a real thing. I didnt say I wanted to quit but dont be suprized or have an issue if I dont go to every church outing. the next day he called (and I use the Term) "Demoted" me from MOM to church musician. After all I've done, I was very insulted. I didnt say a word but ok and I still play for regular service and leave. I've heard him talk about the churches he's played for and how they blessed him with an offerings and stuff like that. Its not about the money Its about being appreciated. I know the word says "be not weary in your well doing" thats why Im still playing My first thought was just to sit down and focus on the word. I'm just wating for further direction from the lord. What do you think.

a. I think you should write in paragraphs so folks can read your posts without hurting their eyes.

b. I think if you want to be paid, explain that to your pastor. If he says no, you can either continue to work in the ministry for free or stop playing all together. That's all there is to that issue.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline momuzik

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: What would you say???
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 09:48:00 PM »
Is it wrong to say I've been burned out? ... he called (and I use the Term) "Demoted" me from MOM to church musician...

Seems like being demoted would help you with your "burned out" situation. In other words, you'll be less involved/ have less responsibility. Now you can do what the other musicians do - they just lean toward you and whisper "what song are we playing next?"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up